FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Atlasglobal: Business Class, 8 Month Travel Pass: $3,500 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1871425-atlasglobal-business-class-8-month-travel-pass-3-500-a.html)

irishguy28 Oct 13, 2017 2:24 am

Originally Posted by EDDMflyer (Post 28918726)
Sounds quite interesting. Maybe you could even get Flying Blue Platinum. 60 Flights in 3 months should be possible.

Booked as a codeshare via Atlas Global [KK7303/4/5/6] - you could not book them as AF flights - you get no Level Miles in Flying Blue - so the flights do not count as Level segments - so there is no chance of Flying Blue status.

And given that Atlas Global is not a Flying Blue partner airline, no Award Miles either.

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 28925994)
true, but in my experience AF makes an exception and grants miles if they operate the flight no matter the code. That is at least my experience. Will be interesting if that is true.

That has never been my experience. What was the airline whose code was placed on your flight? If it was a Skyteam member or Flying Blue partner airline, then of course you would get miles. But in the present case, there is absolutely no chance of receiving any miles.

dimitriyremerov Oct 13, 2017 4:17 am

Originally Posted by gkbiiii (Post 28918473)
Some flight reviews, I found online and real American Domestic First Class seats, in Europe!

You get those also with SU and TK.
SU also has built-in screens in C on short-haul and an excellent business class service.

gkbiiii Oct 13, 2017 11:03 am

Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov (Post 28927475)
You get those also with SU and TK.
SU also has built-in screens in C on short-haul and an excellent business class service.

Sadly, my personal experience on inter-Europe J, on LH, LX, LO, BA, were quite a different experience then shown above.

I kept thinking, why are they giving me coach; as the ticket says "J", and I did get lounge access??

FaBSy Oct 13, 2017 11:10 am

That would be really cool IF there was any chance to get a status or miles on another FFP...
and taxes+fees seem to be reasonably little..

And it's only for turkish passport holders..

gkbiiii Oct 13, 2017 3:32 pm

I think anyone can buy this (Turkish visa aside) and I think it does count, with advancing their FF program tiers.

gkbiiii Oct 13, 2017 3:36 pm

"The package purchased is an individual package and can be used only by the person who has given their Turkish ID or passport information."

Notice this does not say Turkish Passport, so I believe it it open to all adults.

puchong Oct 13, 2017 5:08 pm

gkbiiii, thanks for posting this. Could be very useful for somebody...

gkbiiii Oct 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 28929932)
gkbiiii, thanks for posting this. Could be very useful for somebody...

Correct me if I am wrong, but do you need a Turkish visa, for connecting flights?

nk15 Oct 13, 2017 7:27 pm

It is not clear what it means, the adjective Turkish could apply to both words, the booking form has no space for passport country info, so who knows...

This probably going to be a too good to be true, bait and switch situation anyway, fly every day in business class, if you want? C'mon...

puchong Oct 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by gkbiiii (Post 28930168)
Correct me if I am wrong, but do you need a Turkish visa, for connecting flights?

To the best of my knowledge, no visa is needed if transiting IST only.

Originally Posted by nk15 (Post 28930269)
...This probably going to be a too good to be true, bait and switch situation anyway, fly every day in business class, if you want? C'mon...

Actually many airlines have (or have had) similar schemes - including AC, AA, AI for instance

cfischer Oct 14, 2017 7:26 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 28927269)
Booked as a codeshare via Atlas Global [KK7303/4/5/6] - you could not book them as AF flights - you get no Level Miles in Flying Blue - so the flights do not count as Level segments - so there is no chance of Flying Blue status.

And given that Atlas Global is not a Flying Blue partner airline, no Award Miles either.

That has never been my experience. What was the airline whose code was placed on your flight? If it was a Skyteam member or Flying Blue partner airline, then of course you would get miles. But in the present case, there is absolutely no chance of receiving any miles.

It was the OS flights VIE-CDG

Fabo.sk Oct 14, 2017 7:35 am

Originally Posted by gkbiiii (Post 28928657)
Sadly, my personal experience on inter-Europe J, on LH, LX, LO, BA, were quite a different experience then shown above.

I kept thinking, why are they giving me coach; as the ticket says "J", and I did get lounge access??

Unfortunately, this is pretty much universal in European Union. One of the advantages is that it's very easy to change J/Y ratio.
The better airlines at least give you more legspace/recline, and possibly a bit wider seat (by making the blocked middle narrower, manipulating armrests), the worse airlines don't even do that.

There's been talk of reintroducing proper C by LH but I guess it went nowhere.

casanovawa Oct 16, 2017 5:09 am

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 28930301)

Actually many airlines have (or have had) similar schemes - including AC, AA, AI for instance

They usually don't end that well, but just like every so often you get a credit card deal that has ended badly and become legend amongst the FF community, there's always someone who has a stroke of genius and doesn't research if its been tried before... :)

casanovawa Oct 16, 2017 5:10 am

So that could be lunch and a few other meals sorted every day... Are there surcharges applied to taking advantage of this deal or could you really fly free in F every day for 8 months...

Calchas Oct 16, 2017 6:23 am

Originally Posted by casanovawa (Post 28937645)
So that could be lunch and a few other meals sorted every day... Are there surcharges applied to taking advantage of this deal or could you really fly free in F every day for 8 months...

KK doesn’t offer F, only J.

I imagine the usual airport fees and government taxes will be charged separately.