Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF/CZ: TUN - Vietnam 774 euro

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF/CZ: TUN - Vietnam 774 euro

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Has anyone experience with an air-side transfer (from HV to AF on separate tickets) in Tunis airport? One of us cannot get a visa on arrival. Checked Timatic and 'paper wise' it's OK, but I can't get confirmed if the airport has the facilities to check in airside with AF. Any suggestions?
Never experienced an air-side transfer in TUN but, as I lived in Tunis for some time, I know that it is entirely possible. However, you cannot register on AF airside. If you only have a hand luggage, I suggest you check in online and it should be fine. Otherwise, I think you need to check in for all the flights when checking in for your HV flight (it should be possible as HV is just a subsidiary of AF). By the way, are you sure you need a visa for Tunisia ?
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: Many
Has anyone experience with an air-side transfer (from HV to AF on separate tickets) in Tunis airport? One of us cannot get a visa on arrival. Checked Timatic and 'paper wise' it's OK, but I can't get confirmed if the airport has the facilities to check in airside with AF. Any suggestions?
Careful with that: the chance that HV does not allow the one in your party to board the flight to TUN is high a visa is required.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:48 am
AHO

Originally Posted by Balaa1
U can skip the last leg only
Do you mean that you are forced to travel all segments even you don't want?
As I wrote, you can skip any flight, but you cannot fly rest of the trip then.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by bodory
Careful with that: the chance that HV does not allow the one in your party to board the flight to TUN is high a visa is required.
My companion is from Indonesia, so yep, we're quite sure about the visa thing. Maybe flying in on AZ/AF is a better idea. Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:51 am

My companion is from Indonesia, so yep, we're quite sure about the visa thing. Maybe flying in on AZ/AF is a better idea. Thanks for your help!
Working as a travel agent, I often hear people who were denied boarding if they cannot show visa. If the airline flies you to Tunis but you cannot enter the country, they are forced to fly you back at their own expense.

This is why they deny boarding if you do not have the papers.

I would not count on that solution.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Sebz4n
they are forced to fly you back at their own expense.
True though that is nothing compared to the fines they have to pay to the local authorities in case of flying a pax without appropriate visa to a given destination.

Sorry for the off-topic.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
<deleted>

Last edited by notsosmart; Oct 14, 2017 at 7:17 am Reason: Still on Matrix.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:36 am

Could anyone select their seats on CDG-CAN sectors? I can't neither on CZ nor AF websites.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
Could anyone select their seats on CDG-CAN sectors? I can't neither on CZ nor AF websites.
With Sabre you need another booking code for operating carrier booking, i saw this similar working with Amadeus where AF resides in, however, i am not sure it always works like this with Amadeus.
And normally you can only get that code from AF...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Keter
With Sabre you need another booking code for operating carrier booking, i saw this similar working with Amadeus where AF resides in, however, i am not sure it always works like this with Amadeus.
And normally you can only get that code from AF...
I got booking codes of both AF and CZ. I can select CZ-operated CZ-marketed seats on CZ website. I can select AF-operated AF-marketed seats on AF website.
I can't select AF-operated CZ-marketed seats anywhere. Although I did ask for a window/aisle option though buggy Priceline website and it worked, but it put me and my companion to seats apart from each other. AF claims they can't help me.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:53 am

I got booking codes of both AF and CZ. I can select CZ-operated CZ-marketed seats on CZ website. I can select AF-operated AF-marketed seats on AF website.
I can't select AF-operated CZ-marketed seats anywhere. Although I did ask for a window/aisle option though buggy Priceline website and it worked, but it put me and my companion to seats apart from each other. AF claims they can't help me.
can some one send me a link for an online booking site where I can book it. THX
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
I recall now several years ago i had AZ marketed flight operated by AF (PAR-SIN) and AF could not select seats too. Such a shame they are still there... And right, the generic requests did work for isle or window.

There would be a separate confirmation code for AF marketed CZ operated flight (showiing as AF operated by CZ while in reality its vv) if the operating airline was in Sabre and marketing was in Amadeus.

For example, in LON-(BA)-JFK-(BA by AA)-MIA-(AA)-MCO - you would normally need to use 2 different AA reservations codes (both for Sabre) to select seats on JFK-MIA and on MIA-MCO as the first one is a code share. Even though both flights will show up in both reservations.

But if both are in Amadeus i am not sure how this works.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, FB silver
Not available on cz.com

Can you still book it via an OTA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.