Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

China Eastern: CRK/CEB to SFO/LAX/ORD, JFK $1,134 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Eastern: CRK/CEB to SFO/LAX/ORD, JFK $1,134 RT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Is this deal dead?​​​​​​
No. At the moment I don't see the low fare out of CRK (was available until just a couple of days ago!) but it's there out of CEB. Use the flexible date search on MU's website.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Maayan
No. At the moment I don't see the low fare out of CRK (was available until just a couple of days ago!) but it's there out of CEB. Use the flexible date search on MU's website.
Great, thanks for the tip

Also China Eastern and Hainan have removed the cell phone use ban on their flights.

Chinese airlines allow inflight mobile phone use, wifi - Xinhua | English.news.cn
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Maayan
On their website flights are available through February. My return LAX-PVG-CRK is next weekend.

BTW, my PVG-LAX flight on their 777 was very comfortable, the food (Western) was perfectly fine, and the free WiFi worked sufficiently well for email and messaging. One thing to be aware is that they don't allow the use of phones at all - not even in airplane mode - throughout the entire flight. If you plan on getting online, bring your laptop... They actually threatened to confiscate phones if they saw anyone using!

The cellphone policy recently changed: The China government is now permitting use of cellular phones (in airplane mode) on aircraft. China Eastern was the first to announce and allow them on their aircraft, beginning January 17th (a colleague was on one of the first flights where this was allowed.)

I have flown many China Eastern flights, in both Main Cabin and Business; never made the First Class Suites, yet...

Wi-Fi is complimentary (although they say only a limited number allowed per flight)
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:56 pm

Great, thanks for the tip

Also China Eastern and Hainan have removed the cell phone use ban on their flights.

Chinese airlines allow inflight mobile phone use, wifi - Xinhua English.news.cn
How about that! I flew on the 15th. Thanks for posting this. This makes it very important to remember to request a WiFi passcode in advance (on the MU website) because everyone on the plane will now try to grab one and there may be fewer offered than the number of pax on a plane.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Will the amex offer spend $1000, get $200 back work with this? Just wanted to clarify since trip does not originate in US, but it does price out in USD.

Official terms offer terms: "Get a one-time $200 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,000+ in one or more transactions directly with China Eastern Airways via us.ceair.com by 2/28/2018. Transactions must be in US dollars"
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by nj1015
Will the amex offer spend $1000, get $200 back work with this? Just wanted to clarify since trip does not originate in US, but it does price out in USD.

Official terms offer terms: "Get a one-time $200 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,000+ in one or more transactions directly with China Eastern Airways via us.ceair.com by 2/28/2018. Transactions must be in US dollars"
Trip does not need to originate in US to get $200 credit. I got it on a flight between China and Europe booked on the US website.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by HanBkk
Trip does not need to originate in US to get $200 credit. I got it on a flight between China and Europe booked on the US website.
Great, thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by HanBkk
This clinched the deal for me. CEB-PVG-SFO r/t for around $1k. And read MU provides limo service within 50 miles to/from SFO.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:06 am

Curious which AMEX cards provide this offer
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:20 am

Curious which AMEX cards provide this offer
Got it on my personal SPG card
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by nj1015
Got it on my personal SPG card
Bummer, neither of my 4 AMEX cards has the offer, including my SPG card :/
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Are others having trouble getting China Eastern's website to pull up the CEB-LAX fare? I want to book there to take advantage of the Amex offer. It will up the fare for some dates, but I mostly get blanks (no fares at all), even when expedia pulls up the fare. example: April 18 to May 24.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BigE
Are others having trouble getting China Eastern's website to pull up the CEB-LAX fare? I want to book there to take advantage of the Amex offer. It will up the fare for some dates, but I mostly get blanks (no fares at all), even when expedia pulls up the fare. example: April 18 to May 24.
Trying to do it yourself is very difficult. The OTA 's are not holding fare stability.

If you have access to GDS booking it can be done rather swiftly.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by laptoptravel
Trying to do it yourself is very difficult. The OTA 's are not holding fare stability.

If you have access to GDS booking it can be done rather swiftly.
Today I was able to get a CEB-JFK to ticket for $1437 on justfly.com, while other OTAs were pricing the same seats at $3300-$5700. The fare is still there on ITA, just very hard to find a way to book it!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, HYatt Plat
Question

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Today I was able to get a CEB-JFK to ticket for $1437 on justfly.com, while other OTAs were pricing the same seats at $3300-$5700. The fare is still there on ITA, just very hard to find a way to book it!
What dates did you book? I can't get anything to come up for under $3k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.