Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

China Eastern: CRK/CEB to SFO/LAX/ORD, JFK $1,134 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Eastern: CRK/CEB to SFO/LAX/ORD, JFK $1,134 RT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:13 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by AHO
I would rather use "PH" than "PHL", if I have to use an abbreviation for Philippines.
In the end, I am not as lazy as you so I type "Philippines" from the beginning so that I can save time to type a long sentence of text to explain what PH or PHL means to the others.
I'm trying to help with fact based comments in the time I have and for a country I know well - instead of attacking other commenters with no value add to the thread in question..
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:58 am
AHO

Originally Posted by Fyd
I'm trying to help with fact based comments in the time I have and for a country I know well - instead of attacking other commenters with no value add to the thread in question..
My comment was based on fact as well. Most people here doesn't use PHL as abbreviation of Philippines, but as Philadelphia.

Suggesting a lawsuit against a Chinese airline about illegal charge of fuel surcharge on an air ticket originating Philippines in a court of Philippines, is one of worthless thing too.
Pay a lot of money for nothing.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Maayan
It appears that MU has reduced the number of flights to CRK starting in February. I just got a call from Expedia to let me know that my PVG-CRK leg in July has been canceled and I am offered to be accommodated on a flight to MNL, an hour later. Ha ha, of course I prefer to fly to MNL!
... and today I got an email from Expedia telling me that MU canceled the PVG-MNL leg out of my itinerary. Indeed it now shows me ending at PVG on the return from LAX. This may be because I hadn't confirmed to the Expedia agent last week that I'm accepting the change. I checked MU's site and the PVG-MNL flight is available to purchase. I'm sure that when I call Expedia tomorrow they will be able to restore the leg. I was just hoping to not formally accept the change right away, so as to retain the privilege of canceling with no fee later, if I must,
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:08 am

Please educate me: I wish to change the return date of my CRK-LAX-CRK trip. If I attempt it now on Orbitz where I bought, it prices much higher than the sale fare I paid (which is still available on some days, BTW). Do I understand correctly that once I fly the outbound (or the first leg), I can then make changes to the return for $80 and they won't reprice? If so, will it require at that time that the same fare code IPRSES be available on the date I wish to return? Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please educate me: I wish to change the return date of my CRK-LAX-CRK trip. If I attempt it now on Orbitz where I bought, it prices much higher than the sale fare I paid (which is still available on some days, BTW). Do I understand correctly that once I fly the outbound (or the first leg), I can then make changes to the return for $80 and they won't reprice? If so, will it require at that time that the same fare code IPRSES be available on the date I wish to return? Thanks.
I’m hesitant to speak to the first part of your question, as it relies on the specific fare rules and I’m not familiar with how MU writes their rules. However, I can answer the second part. The same fare code will not need to be available, provided that the new date falls within the rules of the original fare. (For example, some fares have a minimum or maximum stay component, or require travel on certain days of the week, etc.). What will need to be available is inventory in the associated booking class. Judging by the screenshots in the thread, that’s I class inventory. Some websites offer access to the class-by-class flight inventory information — the paid service ExpertFlyer does, for example — which could be useful as you plan your change.
Maayan likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
If the fare is available and inventory (I class for TPAC) is available [ie if you can book a new ticket on the dates needed] you can change your ticket now for USD 80 plus maybe some small fare/ tax difference due to exchange rates. Moreover, if you change with Orbits and other similar OTAs owned by Expedia it would be much easier to change a ticket before departure.

Changing after departure requires a specific knowledge (changing a partially used ticket) and most Expedia agents are not educated to do that. Absolutely. You will likely have to spend hours on the phone to make the change in the right way, climbing to supervisors. managers etc. Most Expedia agensts will price your new return joournet as a separate new ticket (with fare US to CRK one way) and then will calculate the difference to pay based on the residual value of your ticket (I have no clue how they will calculate that too).
Thats a big problem in my view that requires the attention from regulators - DOT and others if any.
Also some airlines may refuse to change an agent issued ticket even after departure. And then you will have a problem if Orbitz continues to play dumb (or be real dumb which they are in some areas of service).
Maayan and wxman22 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Keter
If the fare is available and inventory (I class for TPAC) is available [ie if you can book a new ticket on the dates needed] you can change your ticket now for USD 80 plus maybe some small fare/ tax difference due to exchange rates. Moreover, if you change with Orbits and other similar OTAs owned by Expedia it would be much easier to change a ticket before departure.
The thing is, at this time if I attempt to change on Orbitz' website, it reprices (wants me to add around $1200 which is even more than what the ticket cost me in the first place). Hence my question about changing after commencement of travel.

Annoyingly, ITA shows the low fare on the dates I want, but Orbitz doesn't.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:41 am

Any availability left on CRK/CEB to LAX? Can't find any..
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
Originally Posted by RoastedDuck190
Still available. Use ITA Matrix to find dates/flights then Kayak seems best to find OTA's for booking. Travelocity seems to consistently reflect best pricing YMMV.

Random search example: https://www.kayak.com/flights/CEB-LAX/2018-05-18/2018-05-24/business?fs=flexdepart=20180518;flexreturn=2018052 4&sort=bestflight_a
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by langbr01
Still available. Use ITA Matrix to find dates/flights then Kayak seems best to find OTA's for booking. Travelocity seems to consistently reflect best pricing YMMV.

Random search example: https://www.kayak.com/flights/CEB-LA...t=bestflight_a
Thank you, much appreciated!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by RoastedDuck190

I believe that MU has terminated their CRK-PVG schedule, only a few months after the service was begun.

They are now relying on SkyTeam partners to handle that segment, which was integral for some of their better fares to/from CRK
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by laptoptravel
I believe that MU has terminated their CRK-PVG schedule, only a few months after the service was begun.

They are now relying on SkyTeam partners to handle that segment, which was integral for some of their better fares to/from CRK
I wonder why. I flew CRK-PVG on Monday and the plane was quite full in Y. Five pax up front.

For my July return (another trip), they switched me to PVG-MNL, which is great, rather than put me on another SkyTeam to CRK.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I wonder why. I flew CRK-PVG on Monday and the plane was quite full in Y. Five pax up front.

For my July return (another trip), they switched me to PVG-MNL, which is great, rather than put me on another SkyTeam to CRK.
I also wondered, since this was announced in July, 2017 and they began flying in mid-October. It is a part of the economic investment in re-utilizing the previous Clark Air Force Base in Angeles, Philippines and was expected to become a major (yet secondary) airport for Manila much as NRT/HND are for Tokyo.

"negotiations for direct flights from Clark to the US, Japan, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Taiwan and Thailand are ongoing. The airport is also set for an upgrade with the construction of the airport's new terminal building, which would allow it to handle 8 million passengers annually. It's scheduled [f]or completion by the first quarter of 2020."

For an airport that served less than a million passengers in 2016 that is quite an ambitious goal.

I saw an announcement on a Facebook page of a tour group about it...but have not found anything on MU's website referencing the change. Their last scheduled flight was supposed January 16th, 2018. However, now I see that they are re-populating the schedule to show flights ongoing...

What a bizarre airline to deal with! Their IT is absolutely the worst!

So, it looks as if they ARE still flying that route, although they have reduced the frequency going forward:

One-Way Service CRK - PVG on China Eastern
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Is this deal dead?

​​​​​​
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by laptoptravel
Their last scheduled flight was supposed January 16th, 2018. However, now I see that they are re-populating the schedule to show flights ongoing...
On their website flights are available through February. My return LAX-PVG-CRK is next weekend.

BTW, my PVG-LAX flight on their 777 was very comfortable, the food (Western) was perfectly fine, and the free WiFi worked sufficiently well for email and messaging. One thing to be aware is that they don't allow the use of phones at all - not even in airplane mode - throughout the entire flight. If you plan on getting online, bring your laptop... They actually threatened to confiscate phones if they saw anyone using!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.