Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

China Eastern: CRK/CEB to SFO/LAX/ORD, JFK $1,134 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Eastern: CRK/CEB to SFO/LAX/ORD, JFK $1,134 RT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
Anyone having any luck finding a bookable CRK/CEB-YYZ on this fare? Matrix finds it, but OTAs seem to be coming up CAD$1,000 or more more than the the Matrix fares.
It works on Expedia.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
It works on Expedia.
Thanks for this. Just not on the dates I was hoping for, as it would have matched up perfectly with existing flights I have booked. Guess I'll just have to play with Expedia to say what dates work, and plan it out from there, since Matrix seems much more optimistic than actual availability.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
Thanks for this. Just not on the dates I was hoping for, as it would have matched up perfectly with existing flights I have booked. Guess I'll just have to play with Expedia to say what dates work, and plan it out from there, since Matrix seems much more optimistic than actual availability.
I recommend that you check Orbitz as well, as some options that I found on Orbitz were not seen on Expedia, and vice versa. I actually had to book one trip on Expedia and another on Orbitz.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:58 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

More NA destinations are now also available for this deal:

- Toronto (as mentioned)

- Vancouver

https://www.kayak.com/flights/CEB-YV...t=bestflight_a

- Dallas (Alaska codeshare ticket add-on)

https://www.kayak.com/flights/CEB-DF...t=bestflight_a
Maayan likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Interesting routing specified...VIA THE PACIFIC/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. CEB-FM/MU-BJS/CGO/CTU/JHG/KMG/NKG/NNG/SIA/TAO/WUH-FM/MU-
SHA-MU-YVR...Although i cant find anything but CEB-SHA-YVR that actually books.

This is a pretty decent fare for a US west coaster who has miles to wrap around this. We may use for CEB-YVR in February when in asia on award tix and then YVR-PVG for outbound of a trip in April and just drop the SHA-CEB segment. Also note that kids fare is about $180 cheaper than adult fare.

Edit- looks like LAX and SFO have the 777 which has the superior herringbone seating. What exactly is the seat on PVG-YVR-PVG? I see 2x2x2 in a couple variants, including one that is angle flat... ewww.

Edit 2: Here is an article with the various MU flights, some are new routes and hence the low fares ex-Phils:
  • Cebu-Canton/Guangzhou-Cebu (TH/F, new route)
  • Shanghai-Clark-Shanghai and Cebu-Shanghai-Cebu (new routes, daily)
  • Manila-Kunming (new route, 3x week)
  • Shanghai-Manila-Shanghai (existing)
  • Chengdu-Cebu-Chengdu (existing)
  • Chengdu-Manila-Chengdu (existing)

Last edited by stephem; Oct 22, 2017 at 9:50 am
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:01 pm

I hope you like cigarette smoke permeating the cabin, never again will I fly this airline.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *G, EY Gold, AZ CFP (ST E+). Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by worldtrav
I hope you like cigarette smoke permeating the cabin, never again will I fly this airline.
That's most likely from the cockpit, which is NOT explicitly banned by CAAC.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by hawklx
That's most likely from the cockpit, which is NOT explicitly banned by CAAC.
Correct, that was undoubtedly the designated smoking area.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:12 am

Greetings from a China Eastern 77W somewhere over the Pacific!

Flew into CRK last night on OZ. Flight landed at the same time as JinAir from ICN and immigration was slow, about 30-45 minutes. It would have been longer if I was sitting in the back. By the time I cleared immigration and walked to check-in, about an hour had passed. Therefore, I don't believe a same-aircraft turn on MU is advisable on this fare.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:10 am

I presume you spent five hours or so at PVG. If so, did you have access to a lounge the whole time? I'm reading that lounges there are per a bunch of gates, so do they restrict when you can come in?

And what about at CRK, was there even a lounge open at that ghastly hour? Thanks, my first trip is in January.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Greetings from a China Eastern 77W somewhere over the Pacific!

Flew into CRK last night on OZ. Flight landed at the same time as JinAir from ICN and immigration was slow, about 30-45 minutes. It would have been longer if I was sitting in the back. By the time I cleared immigration and walked to check-in, about an hour had passed. Therefore, I don't believe a same-aircraft turn on MU is advisable on this fare.
Thank you for the update.^ Looks like you have around three hours for your CRK turn. Was it about right? Did you have to pay departure tax in cash? Any lounge available? Any other tips?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Maayan
I presume you spent five hours or so at PVG. If so, did you have access to a lounge the whole time? I'm reading that lounges there are per a bunch of gates, so do they restrict when you can come in?
You'll have access to a lounge during the entire transit in PVG.
Maayan likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:01 am

I didn’t bother checking out the lounge at CRK. The airport is small and unique. Reminds me of an older time in aviation. As always the Filipinos are warm and friendly and helpful.

600 php departure tax payable in cash. I got mine in ICN.

Lounge in PVG is the new multi level China eastern lounge. A huge improvement over older lounges in pudong. Tons of seating and hot food on the lower level, with cold food on the upper level. Decent WiFi with VPN. Most importantly, clean and decent showers. If you don’t have Chinese mobile phone the front desk will log in to the WiFi for you.

Flight on 77w was fine and mercifully smoke free on the long haul, although there was smoking on the CRK PVG leg. As always I prefer the mini cabin in row 6 or 7. WiFi on the plane was decent as well even with VPN. Service was warm and friendly.
Maayan likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:34 am

What is the best way to book an infant ticket for this fare ? We got a party of 4 with an infant under 2 fare rules not allow infant ticket and will charge full price as adult . Can we jist book 3 tickets first and call up MU to get an infant ticket with diffrent fare class to make it cheaper ?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsdsyd
What is the best way to book an infant ticket for this fare ? We got a party of 4 with an infant under 2 fare rules not allow infant ticket and will charge full price as adult . Can we jist book 3 tickets first and call up MU to get an infant ticket with diffrent fare class to make it cheaper ?
Infant must travel in the same cabin as adults. You can pay 75% of this I fare for infant with seat. This fare is the very lowest for business cabin. If you want 10% infant fare, you need to purchase J fare which will end up about the same but without seat and miles for your infant.

Last edited by TerryK; Nov 8, 2017 at 8:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.