FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   DL: YYZ/YOW/YUL-PEK r/t in J for US$2,070 (A350 suites) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1869601-dl-yyz-yow-yul-pek-r-t-j-us-2-070-a350-suites.html)

zoqfotpik Sep 30, 2017 3:29 am

DL: YYZ/YOW/YUL-PEK r/t in J for US$2,070 (A350 suites)

This looks like bookable without the hefty surcharge, at least for now.
https://goo.gl/flights/qq3W

Delta (DL) ZLA07PDD

PERMITTED 28SEP 17 THROUGH 30SEP 17 OR 01NOV 17 THROUGH 30NOV 17 OR 01JAN 18 THROUGH 28FEB 18 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
TRAVEL FROM LAST INTERNATIONAL STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 7 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 6 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.
Edit: The A350 is scheduled to fly between DTW and PEK in Jan 2018. Available from YWG/YYC/YEG and possibly other cities too.

krazykanuck Sep 30, 2017 7:25 am

The bl:rolleyes:gs have picked up on this, so if you want it, book quickly.

The min stay requirement makes this hard for me to jump on. Ah screw it, I booked it. Outbound on 2/27. I've never been to China! We'll see later today if I keep this or come to my senses and cancel/refund it.

I'm seeing the A350 through February. Goes away sometime in March.

MSPeconomist Sep 30, 2017 7:28 am

Remember that USA (and many other) citizens will need a visa for this.

alpenrock Sep 30, 2017 10:17 am

Sad with delta I can’t get points with Alaska

that reason I am out

nk15 Sep 30, 2017 10:40 am

You should also google the weather if you plan to get out of the airport...

mileageking Sep 30, 2017 11:37 am

Has *A matched?

97gst Sep 30, 2017 11:38 am

Great catch, thx!

Is there a new booking class for the suites? I'd be pretty worried they do an equipment swap if you booked for the sole reason of getting that.

Zorak Sep 30, 2017 12:40 pm

Check equipment carefully, seeing lots of 330 in January. One-way search DTW-PEK in ITA using "aircraft t:359" only shows every other day beginning 1/17. Daily from 2/23 onward.

Barkinpark Sep 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Is this for PEK only? Can I select other Asian destinations, such as TPE, HKG, NRT/HND, SIN, or BKK?

I don't want to deal with the Chinese visa and heard that prolonged flight delays are very common in China. Thanks!

krazykanuck Sep 30, 2017 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by 97gst (Post 28877714)
Is there a new booking class for the suites? I'd be pretty worried they do an equipment swap if you booked for the sole reason of getting that.

Not sure, my flights booked into Z for the A350 legs and F for the legs to/from DTW. I'm not enough of a Delta regular to know if Z is a new class, but based on a bit of internet research it doesn't seem to be a new class.

Originally Posted by Barkinpark (Post 28878514)
Is this for PEK only? Can I select other Asian destinations, such as TPE, HKG, NRT/HND, SIN, or BKK?

Go to Google flights/ITA and find out!

The appeal of this deal is it's on the A350 which Delta has plans to levy hefty surcharges on to be able to fly.

vip66 Sep 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Cheaper with Amex, $1826

I booked this 1/17-1/24 through Amex Travel. As a Plat member (or anyone?) I was able to get IAP pricing, bringing the fare down to $1826.

There is typically a $39 booking fee, however they waived it for me because no Delta flights were showing on the Amex web booking portal.

GS1000 Sep 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Is anyone still getting this to book? I can't get it to price at that fare :(

Repooc17 Sep 30, 2017 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 28877013)
The bl:rolleyes:gs have picked up on this, so if you want it, book quickly.

The min stay requirement makes this hard for me to jump on. Ah screw it, I booked it. Outbound on 2/27. I've never been to China! We'll see later today if I keep this or come to my senses and cancel/refund it.

I'm seeing the A350 through February. Goes away sometime in March.

What's the final decision? Congrats?

The min. stay requirement of 7 days (6 days with the date change on the outbound flight) is what's holding me back from booking it. I have been to China a ton.

Originally Posted by Barkinpark (Post 28878514)

I don't want to deal with the Chinese visa and heard that prolonged flight delays are very common in China. Thanks!

Only PEK, NRT, and ICN are current planned routes for the DL A350 out of DTW. I think ATL-ICN are also on the schedule after DTW-PEK

Flight delays =/= visa/customs

Originally Posted by mileageking (Post 28877707)
Has *A matched?

Not out of DTW they are not. That said, UA can get you to PEK from YYZ for a hundred dollars higher transiting through EWR (likewise, a direct flight would be thousands more).

As far as other *A A350 routes depart/arrive from North America, I think only OZ (ICN-SFO), LH (MUC-BOS), SQ (SIN-SFO) have them at this point.

mimiray Oct 1, 2017 9:21 am

Aircraft code

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 28877919)
Check equipment carefully, seeing lots of 330 in January. One-way search DTW-PEK in ITA using "aircraft t:359" only shows every other day beginning 1/17. Daily from 2/23 onward.

Bless you for sharing how to do this. I'll be d@mned if I see "aircraft" as an option when I click on the ? icon for the routing/faring code list. If there is a more comprehensive list of routing/faring options I'd be indebted if you would please share it?

Zorak Oct 1, 2017 11:33 am

Originally Posted by mimiray (Post 28880487)
Bless you for sharing how to do this. I'll be d@mned if I see "aircraft" as an option when I click on the ? icon for the routing/faring code list. If there is a more comprehensive list of routing/faring options I'd be indebted if you would please share it?

The (?) bubble is the first place to start, and one thing is to note that, in the current UI, the routing codes and extension codes have their own separate help bubbles.

There's also this FT thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...lp-thread.html

and the wiki at the top of that thread has links to a bunch of other tips/tricks threads. Happy reading! :)