Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: YYZ/YOW/YUL-PEK r/t in J for US$2,070 (A350 suites)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL: YYZ/YOW/YUL-PEK r/t in J for US$2,070 (A350 suites)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
Check equipment carefully, seeing lots of 330 in January. One-way search DTW-PEK in ITA using "aircraft t:359" only shows every other day beginning 1/17. Daily from 2/23 onward.
1/17 is the inaugural flight before the route ramps up to daily in February with 359 equipment.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:15 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Repooc17
1/17 is the inaugural flight before the route ramps up to daily in February with 359 equipment.
Sure, the only thing I was cautioning was, for those who want to take advantage of the fare to fly in the new D1 Suites, don't assume that every date covered by the fare is on the 359.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Sure, the only thing I was cautioning was, for those who want to take advantage of the fare to fly in the new D1 Suites, don't assume that every date covered by the fare is on the 359.
^
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by vip66
I booked this 1/17-1/24 through Amex Travel. As a Plat member (or anyone?) I was able to get IAP pricing, bringing the fare down to $1826.

There is typically a $39 booking fee, however they waived it for me because no Delta flights were showing on the Amex web booking portal.
I'll see you there on the 17th Wasn't able to waive $39 booking fee but was able to use points for the full amount and because I still get 50% rebate on them, the trip will cost me just 91,300 points with about 15,000 in FB award miles
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
Any similar deal from US? I don't have a Canadian visa and it's $150 :/
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tomasdev
If you have a US green card, you may be able to apply for eTA in Canada. It shouldn't cost that much.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Which is probably why they're letting this one slide: Better to take a modest hit at rollout (for now) on the risk that the plane's delivery is delayed, it goes MX, or the early runs have some other teething problem knock the 359 out of service for a day or two than run the risk of hitting folks with the surcharge and dealing with egg on their face as they have to refund some very upset pax.

I'm not booking this (I have very little desire to deal with Chinese bureaucracy; I'd toy with this if it were next to Christmas but it isn't), but a practical question: Would it be possible/practical to "nest" a ticket to somewhere else (HKG, TYO, and SIN come to mind) for a few days so as to meet the minimum stay requirement?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
Would it be possible/practical to "nest" a ticket to somewhere else (HKG, TYO, and SIN come to mind) for a few days so as to meet the minimum stay requirement?
Yes, no problem. As long as you are continuing travel to another country (and not the one you just came from), you will have no issues with the China TWOV, and this ticket's minimum stay.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by ULDB65
Yes, no problem. As long as you are continuing travel to another country (and not the one you just came from), you will have no issues with the China TWOV, and this ticket's minimum stay.
That's true insofar as the rules, but i've seen some reports on FT of people getting challenged on check-in because of airline staff mis-interpreting TWOV rules. Not Delta specifically.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bowgie
That's true insofar as the rules, but i've seen some reports on FT of people getting challenged on check-in because of airline staff mis-interpreting TWOV rules. Not Delta specifically.
Most airlines look up the rules on TIMATIC, which spells it out in a lengthy fashion. Anyway, not to hijack this thread, further info on this is available in the China forum, with a huge WIKI.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by tomasdev
I've never heard of the $150 Canadian visa. But since I'm Canadian I don't pay much attention to these things.

In general if you're in the USA on a Green Card, you just need an electronic travel authorization (eTA). To check what you need, see this easy-to-use site.

As near as I can tell, an eTA costs a mere $7 CAD.
flybit likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I don't need visa for China and it's a big challenge at the check in or boarding whether or not they'll let me go, it's always double check process which takes a lot of time, once at CDG AF staff didn't let me board the plane as they said that starting from that day they have information i need a VISA for China(what a lie) and even the plane was late because of me/them but they let me go after 30 minutes of hustle
If you are in transit and you are traveling on separate tickets which starts/ends in China that could be so hard for check in agents to check you in, if you are in transit with the same ticket and same carrier it shouldn't be too much of a hustle
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
First for an American a Canadian visa is under $10.

Next a China visa is easy, and can last as long as your passport is valid, to a maximum of 10 years.
Hopefully you will want to visit China within the 10 years. And for $7 hopefully you want to visit Canada one day
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flybit
First for an American a Canadian visa is under $10.
To clarify, only for non-US citizens. Visa/eTA do not apply to US citizens.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
The blgs have picked up on this, so if you want it, book quickly.

The min stay requirement makes this hard for me to jump on. Ah screw it, I booked it. Outbound on 2/27. I've never been to China! We'll see later today if I keep this or come to my senses and cancel/refund it.

I'm seeing the A350 through February. Goes away sometime in March.

I hope you enjoy it. I'd highly recommend the Sofitel in Beijing. The rooms are amazing. Think: very high end Four Seasons.

I'm not a huge fan of China, myself, but everyone has their faves and not so faves. The sanitation is a bit off putting for me and the people haven't been overly friendly -- at least not in Beijing. I've only been to Beijing. But you can find some great restaurants and Forbidden City and Great Wall are well worth visiting. Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.