Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: MCT - BKK RT for 946 USD

QR: MCT - BKK RT for 946 USD

Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:09 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by hamada
Originally Posted by Inzaghi22
Thanks for your help :-) As I'm flying late in May, the new airport will be already open. Does anybody know if online check in AND printing the boarding pass is available for departures ex MCT?
After I entered the terminal building I headed to the left side (Tranfers) went 1 floor up and went to the DOC check with a paper Boardig pass (A4 paper). And it was checked, stamped and I was through in a couple of minutes. From what I know a mobile boarding pass is not yet allowed because you need a physical boarding pass to get the Transfer OK stamp.
Yes, you absolutely need a paper boarding pass, because they love their stamps. The transfer desk made me wait 1 hour because they didn't have the right person there, although I could have printed out the BP if I had access to a printer.

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
You can, but you can also get a BA ticket ex-AMS to BKK on the same dates for Ł1280.

I haven't played with those exact dates, but I know you can route via HKG, etc. for extra TPs on that fare. So unless you genuinely need to start in MCT and finish in London, that fare will probably be better for most.
Yeah but you have to fly CW on the B772, and BA10 has crap timing (IMO - need to leave Bangkok hotel by ~8am and I wouldn't get home until ~3am Thai time, as well as a semi-optional trip to AMS the next day). I haven't been able to get BA9 > BKK-HKG > BA32 with that fare when I tried.

(QR15 also has crap timing but surely one of the others is available.)
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
(QR15 also has crap timing but surely one of the others is available.)
Yes, indeed, many different combinations and timings on QR. And I'd definitely choose QR over BA anyday!!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by headingwest
Yes, indeed, many different combinations and timings on QR. And I'd definitely choose QR over BA anyday!!
Me too, but not if it involves positioning to MCT from BHX instead of to AMS.

I'm on this BA fare next week and I too couldn't get BA32 to work on the return, but this is an availability issue. You can 100% route via HKG on the return as well, either on CX or RJ for the BKK-HKG leg.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
shame this is dead, was looking forward to Al Safwa , Oh well
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
shame this is dead, was looking forward to Al Safwa , Oh well
Don't build it up too much in your head. It's a nice lounge, but it's not one I get excited about going into.
cgtechuk likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Don't build it up too much in your head. It's a nice lounge, but it's not one I get excited about going into.

I know what you mean just another one to tick off the list that and it was quite TP efficient to get me into Asia.

Mind you don't know who you end up bumping into at the Al Mourjan bar @Wozza2404
Wozza2404 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Ditto, it's very boring
Old May 29, 2018, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Getting ready to fly this...bummed that it will be during Ramadan as I think my QR lounge experiences and time in Muscat will be affected food/drink wise. Not a big deal, but it is always a nice to to enjoy in amazing places like these.
It looks like QR no longer has a business class lounge used for Muscat...or at least not on their website. Does anyone know? I will also be doing a turnaround on my return DOH-MCT-AUH (as I reposition back after this fare)...will try and print boarding passes online, but hope they dont make me go through immigration again to collect it since I will just be hand baggage only.
If anyone has anything else to share about their experience on this trip, please do
Old May 29, 2018, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Getting ready to fly this...bummed that it will be during Ramadan as I think my QR lounge experiences and time in Muscat will be affected food/drink wise. Not a big deal, but it is always a nice to to enjoy in amazing places like these.
It looks like QR no longer has a business class lounge used for Muscat...or at least not on their website. Does anyone know? I will also be doing a turnaround on my return DOH-MCT-AUH (as I reposition back after this fare)...will try and print boarding passes online, but hope they dont make me go through immigration again to collect it since I will just be hand baggage only.
If anyone has anything else to share about their experience on this trip, please do
Did the trip last week and QR uses the Primeclass lounge, which is truly fine. Best amenity: free hotel rooms in the lounge (for 3 hours) including shower & toilet. QR does have booze on the flights, not in the lounges, during Ramadan.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: Some...
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Did the trip last week and QR uses the Primeclass lounge, which is truly fine. Best amenity: free hotel rooms in the lounge (for 3 hours) including shower & toilet. QR does have booze on the flights, not in the lounges, during Ramadan.
I was in the MCT Primeclass lounge beginning of May, as a QR J passenger and I can confirm. Very good lounge. But you can probably expect a dry lounge during Ramadan there too...
Old May 30, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thibderoc
I was in the MCT Primeclass lounge beginning of May, as a QR J passenger and I can confirm. Very good lounge. But you can probably expect a dry lounge during Ramadan there too...
TBH the quality of booze in the Primeclass lounge is pretty underwhelming compared to onboard QR or the Al Mourjan / Al Safwa lounges.

What Primeclass does excel at is food, especially the dessert selection if you have a sweet tooth.

NB: I posted a mini-review of Primeclass over in the Lounge forum: New Muscat Airport - Lounge options?
Old May 30, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: Some...
I agree with what you said Mickeyjaw.

But, for a "non-airline" lounge, and moreover a Priority Pass lounge, I think the PrimeClass is a (very?) good lounge.

Except for the fact that it might be a dry lounge during Ramadan, as for Al Mourjan, Skyteam777 shouldn't worry if he/she has to spend time there
Old May 30, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks guys!
It seems crews are ok with doing alcohol on the ground for predeparture in Doha. Has that been your experience?
Old May 31, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
I agree re the nap rooms. i also thought the food was very good. Nice spacious lounge. Transit was also very very simple with a paper boarding pass
Old May 31, 2018, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I agree re the nap rooms. i also thought the food was very good. Nice spacious lounge. Transit was also very very simple with a paper boarding pass
Are the nap rooms free? or do you have to provide proof of a long stay?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.