Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: MCT - BKK RT for 946 USD

QR: MCT - BKK RT for 946 USD

Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:42 am

If you want to avoid A320you can fly to Jakarta for more or less the same price
https://www.google.pl/flights/#searc...CT0QR1136;sc=b
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by :D!
There shouldn't be any currency fluctuation vs USD as the Omani rial is pegged to the US dollar. Only the Thai airport charges would change by a few cents.

Agree, but it's better than the lounge BA uses.

And it's all going to change in 3 weeks anyway.
What's going to change in 3 weeks time?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37
What's going to change in 3 weeks time?
New airport opens which renders past MCT lounge experience useless.
Pilot37 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, M&M FQT
Just to be safe before booking: I've never been to MCT... I would fly from DOH to MCT and then return to DOH in order to continue to BKK (on a seperate ticket!). I'm just on hand luggage - am I right I just need to leave the aircraft and return to the same gate as it is the same aircraft without any security or passport control as I'm not entering Oman? Will there be question because I'm getting just off the plane in MCT and on again back to DOH?

Thx for your help ;-)
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:53 am

Just to be safe, as I've never done that and never been to MCT: I'm flying ZAG -> DOH -> MCT on one ticket, and then getting on the same plane on a seperate ticket from MCT -> DOH -> BKK. Will there be any problem? I assume it must be ok and no hassle if online check in and printing the boarding pass is possible... Will there be any questions because I'm getting on the same plane again?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold member
Originally Posted by Inzaghi22
Just to be safe, as I've never done that and never been to MCT: I'm flying ZAG -> DOH -> MCT on one ticket, and then getting on the same plane on a seperate ticket from MCT -> DOH -> BKK. Will there be any problem? I assume it must be ok and no hassle if online check in and printing the boarding pass is possible... Will there be any questions because I'm getting on the same plane again?
Hi, depends on when you're traveling. If you are going in the coming 3 weeks, it will be the old airport, with only bus gates. Once the bus stops, enter the terminal building and head left for connections. You will go 1 floor up, and then go right, there will be a boarding pass check, and then you will need to go through a security check. After that just head to the gate, and take the bus again to the same aircraft. (This is all of course only if you already have a boarding pass; if not, then after heading to connections, and going 1 floor up, go to the counters (you can't miss them), they will take your passport, check you in and bring your passport and BP back to you. But because QR has a short turn around time at MCT- from what I know- there will be a risk that the check in counters will close, so to be safe, just print your boarding pass before arriving at MCT) However, if the flight is delayed, there will be a shorter turnaround time, which might affect you.

Good luck.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by hamada
Hi, depends on when you're traveling. If you are going in the coming 3 weeks, it will be the old airport, with only bus gates. Once the bus stops, enter the terminal building and head left for connections. You will go 1 floor up, and then go right, there will be a boarding pass check, and then you will need to go through a security check. After that just head to the gate, and take the bus again to the same aircraft. (This is all of course only if you already have a boarding pass; if not, then after heading to connections, and going 1 floor up, go to the counters (you can't miss them), they will take your passport, check you in and bring your passport and BP back to you. But because QR has a short turn around time at MCT- from what I know- there will be a risk that the check in counters will close, so to be safe, just print your boarding pass before arriving at MCT) However, if the flight is delayed, there will be a shorter turnaround time, which might affect you.

Good luck.
Thanks for your help :-) As I'm flying late in May, the new airport will be already open. Does anybody know if online check in AND printing the boarding pass is available for departures ex MCT?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Does anybody know how VISA for Oman would work for a an EU citizen? I know they're pretty strict over there. I assume you'd need a multiple entry VISA which costs a fortuna, or not?

Is the extemption for VISAs for those entering via Dubai still valid? Like if I fly into DXB, get a stamp there (free of charge as I'm a EU national), that waives the Oman Visa too?

Last edited by Danusa86; Mar 3, 2018 at 6:53 am
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Danusa86
Does anybody know how VISA for Oman would work for a an EU citizen? I know they're pretty strict over there. I assume you'd need a multiple entry VISA which costs a fortuna, or not?

Is the extemption for VISAs for those entering via Dubai still valid? Like if I fly into DXB, get a stamp there (free of charge as I'm a EU national), that waives the Oman Visa too?
Oman visa is not necessary for you if you have the Dubai entry AND exit stamps.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Oman visa is not necessary for you if you have the Dubai entry AND exit stamps.
Thank you. So technically I could fly into DXB, catch a bus to a land border (no need for VISA) and go to MCT. Leave from MCT and then come back to MCT and leave from there on a KLM flight to Amsterdam, by just applying for a transit Visa for the last leg of my travel, correct?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold member
Originally Posted by Inzaghi22
Thanks for your help :-) As I'm flying late in May, the new airport will be already open. Does anybody know if online check in AND printing the boarding pass is available for departures ex MCT?
Hi,

On my last trip through MCT, I checked in for my QR flight out of MCT and printed my boarding pass at Heathrow airport before boarding my flight to MCT. When I landed in MCT, After I entered the terminal building I headed to the left side (Tranfers) went 1 floor up and went to the DOC check with a paper Boardig pass (A4 paper). And it was checked, stamped and I was through in a couple of minutes. From what I know a mobile boarding pass is not yet allowed because you need a physical boarding pass to get the Transfer OK stamp.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Danusa86
Thank you. So technically I could fly into DXB, catch a bus to a land border (no need for VISA) and go to MCT. Leave from MCT and then come back to MCT and leave from there on a KLM flight to Amsterdam, by just applying for a transit Visa for the last leg of my travel, correct?
Correct , as long as you :

get the arrival stamp in Dubai airport, and exit stamp either at Dubai airport or in your case departing UAE WITHIN DUBAI EMIRATE,this normally means at Hatta crossing.
You must be one of the qualifying nationalities, they are listed on the Oman police website,I've always printed out that page in both English and Arabic.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
This can be open-jaw back to LHR for a pretty respectable price, around 1,112

Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Hmm good find @headingwest

Anyone got any QR codes at the moment that will work on this one ?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by headingwest
This can be open-jaw back to LHR for a pretty respectable price, around 1,112

You can, but you can also get a BA ticket ex-AMS to BKK on the same dates for 1280.

I haven't played with those exact dates, but I know you can route via HKG, etc. for extra TPs on that fare. So unless you genuinely need to start in MCT and finish in London, that fare will probably be better for most.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.