Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: MCT - BKK RT for 946 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Decent business class deal between Muscat and Bangkok. Available in October / November and possible other months.

MCT - DOH on A320/A330
DOH - BKK on B787/A777

Found on Google Flights
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:28 am

And DOH-MCT is in regional business ("First"), so you can use the F lounge on way back in DOH.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
And DOH-MCT is in regional business ("First"), so you can use the F lounge on way back in DOH.
I would check this with the airline. I have done multiple "regional" F with QR this year ( before and after the Qatar blockade started ) eg; CAI-DOH, MCT-DOH and AMM-DOH, am also QR Platinum and have still been refused entry to the First Class Lounge at DOH each and every time. The criteria I was told, flights had to be 6 hours or longer to be allowed entry.

But I stand corrected, the rules may have changed. I have also learnt never to question another poster without consequences. So I defer to this poster but I would check with the airline.

I apologise in advance for having an opinion.
rashadik likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
I would check this with the airline. I have done multiple "regional" F with QR this year ( before and after the Qatar blockade started ) eg; CAI-DOH, MCT-DOH and AMM-DOH, am also QR Platinum and have still been refused entry to the First Class Lounge at DOH each and every time. The criteria I was told, flights had to be 6 hours or longer to be allowed entry.

But I stand corrected, the rules may have changed. I have also learnt never to question another poster without consequences. So I defer to this poster but I would check with the airline.

did you do DOH CAI, DOH MCT or DOH AMM and were denied entry?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:25 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by RabbitohRob

If your regional F flight departs from Doha you will get Al Safwa First Lounges access. If you arrive at Doha in F from a flight of less than 5 (IIRC its 5 & not 6) hours (& connect to a J or Y flight) you will not.
rashadik likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: BA - Gold, Hilton - Diamond; Hyatt - Platinum, Accor - Platinum, Marriott - GOLD; SPG - Gold;
Originally Posted by NoY
If your regional F flight departs from Doha you will get Al Safwa First Lounges access. If you arrive at Doha in F from a flight of less than 5 (IIRC its 5 & not 6) hours (& connect to a J or Y flight) you will not.
this sounds about right, thank you. Do they still serve Krug in Al Safwa?
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:46 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by rashadik
this sounds about right, thank you. Do they still serve Krug in Al Safwa?
No. Last time (a couple of weeks back) they were serving VC Le Grand Dame, which is excellent IMHO.
Sisyphus1carus and rashadik like this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Transiting in DOH, no problems entering Al Safwa flying CAI-DOH (when still available,), AMM-DOH or MCT-DOH all regional F.

Looking forward to the same lounge experience travelling BEY-DOH in regional F in 3 weeks
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
deleted

Last edited by onobond; Oct 4, 2017 at 3:47 am Reason: duplicate
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:43 pm

This fare is down to about $870 now, departing either MCT or OHS.

MCT-UTP and MCT/OHS-CGK are available for a bit more.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
How is business class on the Oman Air 737-800 ?
The 'cheap' fares I can see for around my dates of interest include two (of the four) legs on an Oman Air 737-800.
Also possible on an Embraer...and that must be a very reduced biz class offering !
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold member
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
How is business class on the Oman Air 737-800 ?
The 'cheap' fares I can see for around my dates of interest include two (of the four) legs on an Oman Air 737-800.
Also possible on an Embraer...and that must be a very reduced biz class offering !
please note that when taking the first flight from MCT to DOH this will be in economy. Double check when you are booking through QR website. But last time I was booking this fare (SEP 2017) the flights operated by Omanair where all ahowing economy. So I just booked QR out of MCT to be sure. Also note that the Majan Lounge used by QR in MCT is really nothing to look forward to.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It's down to $812 probably because of currency fluctuation. Does anyone know how this fare credits to AA in terms of EQD? It is about a $424 base fare plus $300 YQ/fuel surcharge. Does EQD get calculated on the base fare and fuel surcharge?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It's down to $812 probably because of currency fluctuation. Does anyone know how this fare credits to AA in terms of EQD? It is about a $424 base fare plus $300 YQ/fuel surcharge. Does EQD get calculated on the base fare and fuel surcharge?
$793 now, without any promo discounts...

Am I missing something? This is ticketed and flown by Qatar so if you credit to AA then EQDs are based on miles, not dollars spent. That is the main reason AA members do all these Qatar deals I'd say, plus being such a superior experience.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ines/qatar.jsp
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:33 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It's down to $812 probably because of currency fluctuation.
There shouldn't be any currency fluctuation vs USD as the Omani rial is pegged to the US dollar. Only the Thai airport charges would change by a few cents.

Originally Posted by hamada
Also note that the Majan Lounge used by QR in MCT is really nothing to look forward to.
Agree, but it's better than the lounge BA uses.

And it's all going to change in 3 weeks anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.