Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: MCT - BKK RT for 946 USD

QR: MCT - BKK RT for 946 USD

Reply

Old Mar 2, 18, 2:42 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 24
If you want to avoid A320you can fly to Jakarta for more or less the same price
https://www.google.pl/flights/#searc...CT0QR1136;sc=b
sokol2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 18, 3:43 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 1,210
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
There shouldn't be any currency fluctuation vs USD as the Omani rial is pegged to the US dollar. Only the Thai airport charges would change by a few cents.



Agree, but it's better than the lounge BA uses.

And it's all going to change in 3 weeks anyway.
What's going to change in 3 weeks time?
Pilot37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 18, 4:10 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Posts: 8,198
Originally Posted by Pilot37 View Post
What's going to change in 3 weeks time?
New airport opens which renders past MCT lounge experience useless.
Pilot37 likes this.
WorldLux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 18, 11:44 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: GRZ
Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, M&M FQT
Posts: 54
Just to be safe before booking: I've never been to MCT... I would fly from DOH to MCT and then return to DOH in order to continue to BKK (on a seperate ticket!). I'm just on hand luggage - am I right I just need to leave the aircraft and return to the same gate as it is the same aircraft without any security or passport control as I'm not entering Oman? Will there be question because I'm getting just off the plane in MCT and on again back to DOH?

Thx for your help ;-)
Inzaghi22 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 18, 11:53 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: GRZ
Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, M&M FQT
Posts: 54
Just to be safe, as I've never done that and never been to MCT: I'm flying ZAG -> DOH -> MCT on one ticket, and then getting on the same plane on a seperate ticket from MCT -> DOH -> BKK. Will there be any problem? I assume it must be ok and no hassle if online check in and printing the boarding pass is possible... Will there be any questions because I'm getting on the same plane again?
Inzaghi22 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 18, 1:45 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Programs: BAEC Gold member
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by Inzaghi22 View Post
Just to be safe, as I've never done that and never been to MCT: I'm flying ZAG -> DOH -> MCT on one ticket, and then getting on the same plane on a seperate ticket from MCT -> DOH -> BKK. Will there be any problem? I assume it must be ok and no hassle if online check in and printing the boarding pass is possible... Will there be any questions because I'm getting on the same plane again?
Hi, depends on when you're traveling. If you are going in the coming 3 weeks, it will be the old airport, with only bus gates. Once the bus stops, enter the terminal building and head left for connections. You will go 1 floor up, and then go right, there will be a boarding pass check, and then you will need to go through a security check. After that just head to the gate, and take the bus again to the same aircraft. (This is all of course only if you already have a boarding pass; if not, then after heading to connections, and going 1 floor up, go to the counters (you can't miss them), they will take your passport, check you in and bring your passport and BP back to you. But because QR has a short turn around time at MCT- from what I know- there will be a risk that the check in counters will close, so to be safe, just print your boarding pass before arriving at MCT) However, if the flight is delayed, there will be a shorter turnaround time, which might affect you.

Good luck.
hamada is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 18, 12:17 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: GRZ
Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, M&M FQT
Posts: 54
Originally Posted by hamada View Post
Hi, depends on when you're traveling. If you are going in the coming 3 weeks, it will be the old airport, with only bus gates. Once the bus stops, enter the terminal building and head left for connections. You will go 1 floor up, and then go right, there will be a boarding pass check, and then you will need to go through a security check. After that just head to the gate, and take the bus again to the same aircraft. (This is all of course only if you already have a boarding pass; if not, then after heading to connections, and going 1 floor up, go to the counters (you can't miss them), they will take your passport, check you in and bring your passport and BP back to you. But because QR has a short turn around time at MCT- from what I know- there will be a risk that the check in counters will close, so to be safe, just print your boarding pass before arriving at MCT) However, if the flight is delayed, there will be a shorter turnaround time, which might affect you.

Good luck.
Thanks for your help :-) As I'm flying late in May, the new airport will be already open. Does anybody know if online check in AND printing the boarding pass is available for departures ex MCT?
Inzaghi22 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 18, 6:29 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Italy
Programs: BAEC Gold, AF Gold, TK Gold, Accor Silver
Posts: 292
Does anybody know how VISA for Oman would work for a an EU citizen? I know they're pretty strict over there. I assume you'd need a multiple entry VISA which costs a fortuna, or not?

Is the extemption for VISAs for those entering via Dubai still valid? Like if I fly into DXB, get a stamp there (free of charge as I'm a EU national), that waives the Oman Visa too?

Last edited by Danusa86; Mar 3, 18 at 6:53 am
Danusa86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 18, 12:43 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 566
Originally Posted by Danusa86 View Post
Does anybody know how VISA for Oman would work for a an EU citizen? I know they're pretty strict over there. I assume you'd need a multiple entry VISA which costs a fortuna, or not?

Is the extemption for VISAs for those entering via Dubai still valid? Like if I fly into DXB, get a stamp there (free of charge as I'm a EU national), that waives the Oman Visa too?
Oman visa is not necessary for you if you have the Dubai entry AND exit stamps.
ElJudioErrante is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 18, 7:14 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Italy
Programs: BAEC Gold, AF Gold, TK Gold, Accor Silver
Posts: 292
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante View Post
Oman visa is not necessary for you if you have the Dubai entry AND exit stamps.
Thank you. So technically I could fly into DXB, catch a bus to a land border (no need for VISA) and go to MCT. Leave from MCT and then come back to MCT and leave from there on a KLM flight to Amsterdam, by just applying for a transit Visa for the last leg of my travel, correct?
Danusa86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 18, 7:50 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Programs: BAEC Gold member
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by Inzaghi22 View Post
Thanks for your help :-) As I'm flying late in May, the new airport will be already open. Does anybody know if online check in AND printing the boarding pass is available for departures ex MCT?
Hi,

On my last trip through MCT, I checked in for my QR flight out of MCT and printed my boarding pass at Heathrow airport before boarding my flight to MCT. When I landed in MCT, After I entered the terminal building I headed to the left side (Tranfers) went 1 floor up and went to the DOC check with a paper Boardig pass (A4 paper). And it was checked, stamped and I was through in a couple of minutes. From what I know a mobile boarding pass is not yet allowed because you need a physical boarding pass to get the Transfer OK stamp.
hamada is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 18, 6:26 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 566
Originally Posted by Danusa86 View Post
Thank you. So technically I could fly into DXB, catch a bus to a land border (no need for VISA) and go to MCT. Leave from MCT and then come back to MCT and leave from there on a KLM flight to Amsterdam, by just applying for a transit Visa for the last leg of my travel, correct?
Correct , as long as you :

get the arrival stamp in Dubai airport, and exit stamp either at Dubai airport or in your case departing UAE WITHIN DUBAI EMIRATE,this normally means at Hatta crossing.
You must be one of the qualifying nationalities, they are listed on the Oman police website,I've always printed out that page in both English and Arabic.
ElJudioErrante is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 18, 2:28 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Wedged somewhere between BTS and VIE ✈
Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Posts: 5,561
This can be open-jaw back to LHR for a pretty respectable price, around 1,112

headingwest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 18, 9:33 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Glos
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 5,537
Hmm good find @headingwest

Anyone got any QR codes at the moment that will work on this one ?
mikeyfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 18, 9:50 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BHX
Programs: BA GGL CCR, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Posts: 6,329
Originally Posted by headingwest View Post
This can be open-jaw back to LHR for a pretty respectable price, around 1,112

You can, but you can also get a BA ticket ex-AMS to BKK on the same dates for 1280.

I haven't played with those exact dates, but I know you can route via HKG, etc. for extra TPs on that fare. So unless you genuinely need to start in MCT and finish in London, that fare will probably be better for most.
Wozza2404 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread