Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

NH: JFK-KUL in Business $2,780

NH: JFK-KUL in Business $2,780

Old Sep 22, 17, 8:10 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Programs: AS, AA
Posts: 281
NH: JFK-KUL in Business $2,780

There are cheaper J fares to SE Asia currently on MU and CA, and I may be wrong, but this seems like a good deal for ANA metal out of New York. You can connect in either NRT or HND. The booking class is P.

Example: JFK-NRT-KUL 11/20-11/27 -- $2,780

It looks like HND-KUL will be getting a 789 with lie-flat seats in late March.

Example: JFK-HND-KUL 03/29-04/04 -- $2,786
forumpersona999 likes this.
qupasyd is offline  
Old Sep 23, 17, 5:50 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,750
Thanks OP. This is an excellent fare for NH.
erik123 is offline  
Old Sep 23, 17, 5:54 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: LH SEN, VA Plat, BA Gold
Posts: 469
Great fare OP, thank you!
im.daniel is online now  
Old Sep 23, 17, 6:39 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Posts: 209
I don't know much about NH but the connection through NRT claims to have a 787 without lie flat per Google flights. The 787 through HND says lie flat. Seems odd?
BLazarus22 is offline  
Old Sep 23, 17, 7:30 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,861
Good fare to KUL form NYC especially since it is on NH. Chinese carriers will typically be in this range but dont think I have seen NH is this range before so a pretty good deal IMO.
mcgahat is offline  
Old Sep 23, 17, 11:09 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 109
I travel to KUL twice a year and this is considered a great deal!
alim123 is offline  
Old Sep 23, 17, 2:18 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: AA, UA, GE
Posts: 3,690
Originally Posted by qupasyd View Post
There are cheaper J fares to SE Asia currently on MU and CA, and I may be wrong, but this seems like a good deal for ANA metal out of New York. You can connect in either NRT or HND. The booking class is P.

Example: JFK-NRT-KUL 11/20-11/27 -- $2,780

It looks like HND-KUL will be getting a 789 with lie-flat seats in late March.

Example: JFK-HND-KUL 03/29-04/04 -- $2,786
I just checked the seat maps on both flights (using SeatGuru) and it appears both are lie flat. Did you try a dummy booking on the NH website to see what they show? I wouldn't trust SeatGuru without corroboration.

Update:

I just did the dummy booking and both the NRT-KUL and HND-KUL are the 2-2-2 angled 788 configuration.

Last edited by cheltzel; Sep 23, 17 at 2:26 pm
cheltzel is offline  
Old Sep 23, 17, 5:52 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: California
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
I just checked the seat maps on both flights (using SeatGuru) and it appears both are lie flat. Did you try a dummy booking on the NH website to see what they show? I wouldn't trust SeatGuru without corroboration.

Update:

I just did the dummy booking and both the NRT-KUL and HND-KUL are the 2-2-2 angled 788 configuration.
The HND-KUL flight is *scheduled* to be operated on a different plane with lie-flat seating (789 vs 788) starting some time next March. However, it was originally scheduled to be done next month I believe, but they pushed it off until March. I wouldn't take it as a guarantee that it will be a flat bed.
rill2503456 is offline  
Old Sep 23, 17, 6:47 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,470
Great fare, thanks OP.
mileageking is offline  
Old Sep 23, 17, 7:12 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Posts: 2,745
Can you route via SIN with final leg on SQ, or via BKK? That would get lie flats all the way.
Tokyoite is offline  
Old Sep 23, 17, 8:55 pm
  #11  
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, California,USA
Posts: 17,145
I just tried a dummy booking and a stopover in TYO is allowed (seems at no extra fare) on the return portion.
RichardInSF is offline  
Old Sep 23, 17, 10:46 pm
  #12  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS 75K; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 43,150
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
Can you route via SIN with final leg on SQ, or via BKK? That would get lie flats all the way.
Not for this fare, no way.
Kacee is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: