Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA J LAX-MIA $397 RT soon (Sept 14 + couple days)

AA J LAX-MIA $397 RT soon (Sept 14 + couple days)

Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:24 pm

It looks like all the LAX-MIA direct flights sold out.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by salsa
I don't see any ethical dilemma here unless one believes hordes of Miami residents fled to Southern California to wait out the storm.

AA and ethics in the same thread.....and we're supposed to feel guilty?

South Park writers are you out there?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by meesterdowntown

Ethics shall be seated in basic economy
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: UA MM1K,AA EXP
OK I post very rarely, but I've been booked on a CDG-MIA-SFO return flight since February. When I was given an option to rebook on-line because of Irma I tried to get home w/o getting in anyone's way. It was impossible, and I don't even want to think about what will happen if I get stuck in MIA on the way home w/luggage,family doctor's appointments the next day, etc. I've already kissed my SWU good-bye.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by meesterdowntown

Awesome ^

Just post the fares here and let everyone decide on their own without some trying to shove their ethics/morals or whatever down your throat

post the fare then let each decide his/her own travels from there.

I don't see anyone asking if this fare whether it should or should not be taken; just those giving their ethics unsolicited
mg1976 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Any tips on where to find free shelter, food and water so I don't have to pay for a hotel or meals during my layover??

Gino Troian likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by jaloola
There are family members and recovery workers who are in need of travel to and from Florida to assist and from assisting in the relief and recovery efforts. This is intended to remove barriers to travel. This is not intended for nor the time to "visit" South Florida.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/hurricane-irma.jsp
http://www.npr.org/2017/09/09/549621...rescue-workers
http://ktla.com/2017/09/09/80-los-an...urricane-irma/
We were barely brushed by the storm and things are largely back to normal. It's a great time to visit Miami, where it is business as usual.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546
We were barely brushed by the storm and things are largely back to normal. It's a great time to visit Miami, where it is business as usual.

Clearly, you are not from Miami or the surrounding area. Miami still has 250,000+ without power. The Marlin's moved their series to Milwaukee to avoid stressing resources.

We are doing okay in South Florida, but all counties here took a strong hit. And there is a lot of work still to do. The vast majority of schools won't even try to open until Monday.

A lot of work has been done. A lot more needs to get done to get close to 'back to normal'.

This is most certainly not a time to visit Miami. Come visit us in a few weeks.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:54 pm

How is Orlando right now? I wouldn't mind a weekend there if it isn't going to stress the resources of the city.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
How is Orlando right now? I wouldn't mind a weekend there if it isn't going to stress the resources of the city.
As of last night, 1.35 million across Florida did not have power.

As of Friday around 9 p.m., power outages in Central Florida included:

Orange: 36,414 (31,578 Duke Energy, 4,835 municipal, 1 FPL)
Osceola: 3,729 (3,347 Duke Energy, 329 municipal, 49 cooperatives, 4 FPL)
Lake: 13,168 (7,955 Duke Energy, 5,067 cooperatives, 146 municipal)
Seminole: 23,597 (16,227 Duke Energy, 7,370 FPL)
Brevard: 59,915 (59,900 FPL, 14 cooperatives, 1 Duke Energy)

That being said, Orlando is different than Miami. Each Disney/Universal resort is extremely well contained. No strain on resources. So if you are thinking of visiting Disney/Universal, go for it!

(MODS - I realize we are off topic. Feel free to move.)
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA, SQ, DL
Originally Posted by E55
LAX to Miami in business on AA. Tomorrow (Thursday, and Saturday). Stay overnight. 777 lie flat

Would do this in a heartbeat if my schedule didn't conflict.

I get what everybody is saying about the "ethical dilemma" of taking seats that could be occupied by people trying to get back home after the hurricane, but... Why do they need to fly J? If this was in the other forum, I get it 100%. But this is a premium fare thread. The ethics argument dies there, I think.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA GM
Originally Posted by mg1976
I get what everybody is saying about the "ethical dilemma" of taking seats that could be occupied by people trying to get back home after the hurricane, but... Why do they need to fly J? If this was in the other forum, I get it 100%. But this is a premium fare thread. The ethics argument dies there, I think.
Because they can afford it, freeing up an economy seat for someone who can't. Or economy is sold out but J is still affordable.

The point is to fill up the plane with people who need to go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.