Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

OW / *A / ST: £1.1k+ PRG -> WAS / ATL / ORD / YYZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OW / *A / ST: £1.1k+ PRG -> WAS / ATL / ORD / YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:53 am

Yes, there are still options. About to pull the trigger on one. Anyone familiar with an airport hotel in Prague that they can recommend? I'm looking at a very early departure so have to fly in the night before
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH
Yes, there are still options. About to pull the trigger on one. Anyone familiar with an airport hotel in Prague that they can recommend? I'm looking at a very early departure so have to fly in the night before
There is a holiday inn I think it is... that is walking distance from the airport... but this is from memory when I have used the airport.

its worth a double check
dutchgirlDH likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
Courtyard is across the street from terminal.
dutchgirlDH likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by milkbottlec
How should I search this route? That should be a lot of BA TP
Is the fare still active thou? Thanks a lot for the help.
Thanks, think its 560TP?

My dates are no longer active but the best thing to do is use Google Flights to get in the right ballpark in terms of cost and dates, put into Matrix to do the specifics of flight numbers and connections, then call the airline to book or use a travel agent. Took 9 minutes on the phone to BA to get this all sorted and my outbound LHR - ORD leg upgraded to F with Avios.

Worth noting if you are intending to get the Finnair A350 to LHR on your outbound leg there is only one departure per day at 0800, so rather than staying overnight in PRG you will need to position to HEL and stay there. If anyone has hotel recommendations for HEL I'd love to hear them
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by obduro
Thanks, think its 560TP?

My dates are no longer active but the best thing to do is use Google Flights to get in the right ballpark in terms of cost and dates, put into Matrix to do the specifics of flight numbers and connections, then call the airline to book or use a travel agent. Took 9 minutes on the phone to BA to get this all sorted and my outbound LHR - ORD leg upgraded to F with Avios.

Worth noting if you are intending to get the Finnair A350 to LHR on your outbound leg there is only one departure per day at 0800, so rather than staying overnight in PRG you will need to position to HEL and stay there. If anyone has hotel recommendations for HEL I'd love to hear them
There's a Hilton on the airport grounds. Was totally comfortable, sauna in basement. Restaurant in the hotel with a small shop and within an easy walk of the shops in the airport, which were open til 9 PM or so. The airport isn't enormous, so you can walk from either terminal to the Hilton within 10 minutes or so.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by Lewis42
There is a holiday inn I think it is... that is walking distance from the airport... but this is from memory when I have used the airport.

its worth a double check
They have a shuttle to the Terminals - walking is quite far...
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by denkigroove
They have a shuttle to the Terminals - walking is quite far...
I wouldn't be walking from the HI at HEL - Google Maps estimates about 5.5km walk. Use the free (and frequent) shuttle bus service.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond

its worth a double check
That was PRG they were talking about, at least when it comes to walking distance

HI HEL is about 3km walk from terminals but use shuttle as mentioned.

Last edited by jp_fin; Sep 24, 2017 at 5:53 am Reason: Quotes added.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by obduro
If anyone has hotel recommendations for HEL I'd love to hear them
Originally Posted by jp_fin
That was PRG they were talking about.
Umm....
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Umm....
Yeah I was talking about hotels in Prague...
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:43 am

Yeah I was talking about hotels in Prague...
Crossed wires, I think

PRG I am not so familiar with, HEL I certainly am.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
dutchgirlDH was asking about hotels near PRG. obduro asked for hotels near HEL.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
The deal is back. Slightly more expensive. Includes also WAW and maybe more (IDK)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.