Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TK: LON-BKK business return £1122

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK: LON-BKK business return £1122

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: QF, LM, USDM, AA
Looking in May you can get Garuda for only 45 pounds more via CGK and you get 1-2-1 J rather than 2-2-2 although credits to ST i guess... TK might win on catering but think travelling on my own i'd prefer no seat mate...
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: QF, LM, USDM, AA
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:16 am
AHO

Originally Posted by craigthemif
"Everything" is cheaper from ARN. Lucky Swedes... For the rest of us positioning to London is a whole lot easier/cheaper, not to mention that substantially more FTers will live in London than Stockholm.
Off topic reply.

It's because many companies in Sweden do not allow their employees to travel in Business class and Sweden (and Norway and Denmark too) as a country has less hierarchy than rest of Europe, which leads low demand of Business class (not talk about First class).

Low demand often results lower price.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by casanovawa
Looking in May you can get Garuda for only 45 pounds more via CGK and you get 1-2-1 J rather than 2-2-2 although credits to ST i guess... TK might win on catering but think travelling on my own i'd prefer no seat mate...
That's on the TK A333 ... on the 77W it is 2-3-2. Not my preferred premium cabin layout.

Last edited by cheltzel; Sep 15, 2017 at 6:17 am
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:13 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by AHO
Off topic reply.

It's because many companies in Sweden do not allow their employees to travel in Business class and Sweden (and Norway and Denmark too) as a country has less hierarchy than rest of Europe, which leads low demand of Business class (not talk about First class).

thanks for the info, interesting to know
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AHO
Off topic reply.

Off topic is taking a thread about a fare from London to compare it to a long-running, non-promotional fare out of Stockholm, which I was responding to.

I know perfectly well that routes out of Scandinavia have cheaper business class fares in general because the company demand isn't there to fill the pointy end of the plane. And it's perfectly reasonable for affluent leisure travelers to be jealous that the cheapest J fares are almost always out of ARN, OSL and CPH instead of LHR, CDG, FRA, MAD, etc.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by cheltzel
That's on the TK A333 ... on the 77W it is 2-3-2. Not my preferred premium cabin layout.
Neither is my preferred layout in business. Surprised TK gets away with it, when their short-haul is pretty good.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Grace B
Neither is my preferred layout in business. Surprised TK gets away with it, when their short-haul is pretty good.
I have booked it in the past when my wife and I go to Europe. I don't mind being in one of the A-B or J-K pairs with her. But when traveling on my own my preference is a 1-2-1 layout or at worst one of the center seats in a 2-2-2 layout.

But I have to say the soft product on TK long haul is pretty good. There are better ones but in my opinion there are more that are worse. And the lounge in IST is pretty nice as well.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by cheltzel
But I have to say the soft product on TK long haul is pretty good. There are better ones but in my opinion there are more that are worse. And the lounge in IST is pretty nice as well.
Yes, I certainly agree with that. I'm in Istanbul at the moment and will be enjoying the lounge later this morning before flying to LHR on a TK 321 in business class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.