Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Singapore Air: MXP to KUL in Business for £849 one-way

Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:15 pm
formerly maskelo
Original Poster

Singapore Air has released some great fares ex-MXP to Asia (a reader has sent me an email, thanks for sharing). The cheapest one is to Kuala Lumpur although other routes are also available, including SIN and BKK. Round-trip fares can also be had for about double the price.

You can book this trip for these prices on skyscanner - this a great chance to travel on Singapore's A350 airplaces and enjoy the world renowned airline

Last edited by bestuseofpoints; Sep 5, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Also available from FCO. Not sure what to make of this review, but SQ's A350 doesn't sound as great as one would expect: https://thepointsguy.com/2016/10/sin...flight-review/
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: SAS EB Diamond, Etihad Gold, Air Berlin Gold, Club Carlson Concierge, RC Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Also available from FCO. Not sure what to make of this review, but SQ's A350 doesn't sound as great as one would expect: https://thepointsguy.com/2016/10/sin...flight-review/
I flew SQ A350 in C a couple a months ago and it was the best flight I've ever had. What a plane!
Tip; go for bulkhead seats.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:44 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Consider her intro when you evaluate her opinion:

"TO THE POINT: Singapore Airlines’ new A350-900 makes a great option for nonstop travel from the US to Southeast Asia. The pros: lie-flat seats, a vast entertainment system and friendly flight attendants. The cons: foot room is oddly limited and you need to sit and sleep at a weird angle to get comfy.

I have a confession to make: Until this very moment, I’d never flown in international business class before. I had only been on one premium-cabin flight in my entire life — a short hop on American Airlines from New York to Miami when I covered Fathom’s cruise to Cuba — and I enjoyed every minute of it. So when the chance came for me to test out Singapore Airlines’ A350-900 on a brand new route starting October 23 from San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN), I was pumped."
Coathanger and denkigroove like this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Lufthansa M&M FTL, FlyingBlue, Air Berlin Top Bonus
It appears this only works from November? I am looking for something similar in September/October or in the other direction from December.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
Consider her intro when you evaluate her opinion:
Yes, I saw that and definitely made me value the entire review much less. Unfortunately the specific date I need has all of the bulkhead seats taken. Only one seat is reserved in the remainder of the cabin! I guess I could purchase anyway and set up an EF seat alert. Besides, there's no way those seats are only good for someone 5'3" and shorter.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:18 am

seats

Yes, I saw that and definitely made me value the entire review much less. Unfortunately the specific date I need has all of the bulkhead seats taken. Only one seat is reserved in the remainder of the cabin! I guess I could purchase anyway and set up an EF seat alert. Besides, there's no way those seats are only good for someone 5'3" and shorter.
I think that SQ may be blocking row 11. They are all taken for 5 different dates I checked.

Could always try row 19, that is also bulkhead. SQ should allocate these to you without fuss but you run the risk of being moved/disturbed as they are bassinet.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by charlied77
Could always try row 19, that is also bulkhead.
Also taken! Thanks for the tips. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.