Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

IAD-DEL $2816 J AI Nonstop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD-DEL $2816 J AI Nonstop

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont FPC Premier, Global Entry
AI: IAD-DEL r/t in J for ~$2,800 (nonstop)

Available through the end of September 2017. Not the best fares to India within the past few months, but still pretty good for nonstop *A. Books into Z with 125% of miles flown credited to UA

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0&...AI103;sc=b;s=1

Last edited by gallopingsheep9; Aug 9, 2017 at 12:35 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:14 pm

Obligatory "but then you have to endure AI for 15 hours".

But really, this is a great fare if you are traveling DC to Delhi. If you have to position or connect to go elsewhere, there are much better options. 18,725 PQM / 14,980 RDM on UA.
AceReport likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
For non-stop that's a good fare. But it is Air India....

Not a fan of their hard product. Soft product in intl biz is not too bad though. I prefer Jet Airways for intl biz. Seat is so comfortable and food is pretty good. Service also pretty good.

You're right about not many good fares to India the past few months.

But Delta just yesterday put Atlanta to Mumbai on sale. The fare is good from now until June of 2018! Around $2760. Looks like they're trying to match United and its partners. We almost NEVER get a fare that good from Delta from Atlanta to India. Last year I found it for $2550 but was the first time I saw it under $3.2K ever from Atlanta.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Last year there were many OW. *A and ST business class fares from various US gateways to DEL and BOM for as little as 1800 RT. So far this year.. nada. SAD!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Last year there were many OW. *A and ST business class fares from various US gateways to DEL and BOM for as little as 1800 RT. So far this year.. nada. SAD!
It's been pretty common for a while to find flights from IAD to BOM with EU connections in business class for around $2k round trip. Most of these fares are on *A
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Who is their right mind would want to fly on Air India J class crappy product for 15 hours. Seriously!

It's mind boggling to know that this airline was once the industry standards leader and look at it now. It's all about adaptability in the market environment and sadly, they didn't.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by 380Flyer
Who is their right mind would want to fly on Air India J class crappy product for 15 hours. Seriously!
I do. I've done LH, EY, QR F to DEL and prefer AI as I can sleep, it's non-stop and allows a same day connection in DEL.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by erik123
I do. I've done LH, EY, QR F to DEL and prefer AI as I can sleep, it's non-stop and allows a same day connection in DEL.
The non-stop part of the flight is no doubt good, but who can sleep 15 hours at a stretch? During your waking hours you would have to endure Air India's lousy hard and soft product. No thank you.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is this a new nonstop?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: MP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont FPC Premier, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
is this a new nonstop?
Yes, and it appears to be seasonal.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
No way to get this on an 016 ticket, right?

Obviously other metal would be more pleasant, but saving a few hours of time is really material as well...
Old Sep 3, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Shawn02139
No way to get this on an 016 ticket, right?

Obviously other metal would be more pleasant, but saving a few hours of time is really material as well...
I did extensive search. IAD-DEL AI economy is bookable on United website as well as economy saver award; however, nothing for business.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Update - it's now $2400 RT in Business. Enjoy!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:43 am

If you are a frequent traveler to India, the way to do this is to start a loop where your origination point is always India.

Example BOM to JFK is usually 2500 to 2800 USD. If you can plan out dates, nothing like it, but even if you cannot, if you factor in the 200-300 use change fees, its pretty reasonable. The same sector is way more expensive the other way around.

You just need to book a one way the first time around, which I would recommend using miles as OW fares are usually more expensive to India.
hokiebuy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.