Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA OW: FIRST LHR to TLV 1666pounds

Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

3rd June to 10th June, LHR to TLV for 1666 pounds, or BA Holidays with a car for 1701 pounds.

Flying First.

420 Tier Points

Is this a good deal?

Any suggestions to cram in more tier points without affecting the price?

Last edited by RobParis1; Sep 2, 2017 at 12:13 pm
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:25 am
AHO

TEL (Telupid in Malaysia)?

Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:26 am

I would say that's an average price for that route. I've certainly seen it in the 1,400 ballpark for that time of year. As a side note, the return 777 with First is the early morning departure which means a very early start to deal with airport check-in/security queues & the lounge is rubbish so I'd only pay the difference to go First for the outbound when you can have a decent few hours in CCR & dinner on board

Edit: Assume you mean Tel Aviv (TLV)? More TP's would be a domestic connection although price may jump a little. Not sure there are any regular cheap ex EU origins for this route so you'd have to play around with Google Flights & due to Middle East political situation the only connections available down route would be via Amman (AMM) & that only has CW I believe

Last edited by mda03jb; Aug 31, 2017 at 4:35 am
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Sorry, Tel Aviv!

Thanks for the help - there is a later flight I could book. Should I wait? Really want to go on those specific dates (gay pride, lol) and really want to fly First.
travellers4fun likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:42 am

There's normally pretty good Avios availability in First & CW often available for circa 1k so that may be best option & upgrade outbound. I hadn't realised those were Pride dates & it is very, very popular so that may restrict chances of getting a really good price. I'd also look to get accommodation sorted asap if you want to be close to the beach (can recommend Brown Beach House)
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Yeah I might book it for 1700. I feel like I'm getting a deal with the car, it's for the full duration of the stay.

Thanks for the accom tip.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Rob Goodwin
Yeah I might book it for 1700. I feel like I'm getting a deal with the car, it's for the full duration of the stay.

Thanks for the accom tip.
Looking at TLV myself for a visit next year Rob and on Wednesday / Friday / Sunday Iberia operate an A330 on the Madrid > TLV route and currently are pricing that at 638 return in business (that is for your dates).
If you don't mind a positioning flight to MAD, I think a 1K+ saving is worth looking at!

Pilot37
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, Tel Aviv!

Thanks for the help - there is a later flight I could book. Should I wait? Really want to go on those specific dates (gay pride, lol) and really want to fly First.
It's a good price, particularly if your dates and cabin preferences are fixed. I would not expect to do much better for first class as there is not much in the way of competition for the top cabin.

Also be aware if comparing J prices that many other European carriers serve TLV with shorthaul configured aircraft.

You will save 150ish by starting in JER or INV since there is no Air Passenger Duty to pay from these locations. But you must balance that against the hassle of getting to these airports. You can still finish in London.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
It's a good price, particularly if your dates and cabin preferences are fixed. I would not expect to do much better for first class as there is not much in the way of competition for the top cabin.

Also be aware if comparing J prices that many other European carriers serve TLV with shorthaul configured aircraft.

You will save 150ish by starting in JER or INV since there is no Air Passenger Duty to pay from these locations. But you must balance that against the hassle of getting to these airports. You can still finish in London.
Thanks - I can't price up the Jersey or INV options with Google Flights or ITA Matrix, it actually comes out at more. I actually live in Paris so would have had to fly to London anyway, I'm open to other options.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Looking at TLV myself for a visit next year Rob and on Wednesday / Friday / Sunday Iberia operate an A330 on the Madrid > TLV route and currently are pricing that at 638 return in business (that is for your dates).
If you don't mind a positioning flight to MAD, I think a 1K+ saving is worth looking at!

Pilot37
That's a tough choice - I do really want to fly First for once! Although not sure if an extra 1k for 5 hours is worth it.

Have you got a link for this? I can't price it up anywhere.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
That's a tough choice - I do really want to fly First for once! Although not sure if an extra 1k for 5 hours is worth it.

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...AD0IB3317;sc=b

Easily found on google flights

Pilot37
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot mate. I didn't put it Madrid.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG

I did it this year (on Avios) for Pride and got the 787 return. Already booked in F using Avios for next year (6 June back 10 June), although back to the 777 now Outbound I would deal with the early start as you get in to TLV earlier. I did the late flight this year and you just arrived a little weary.

Only you can say if it is worth 1k for F over J but I thought it was certainly worth the extra in Avios. I was lucky and booked a 2-4-1 in J on the 787 and when BA swapped to the 777 EF alerted that F availability had opened in both directions, so pounced.

TLV Pride is amazing, you will have a great time regardless of cabin but two daytime flights in F is a lot of fun.

I'd also suggest the Hilton if this is your first time, the beach is a lot of fun. Costly and YMMV, so look at other options but as mentioned, book early.
Calchas likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! I've managed to book a beach hotel 5* for 1245 pounds with 13% cash back which I'm really happy with. I think if I left it any longer they would have been sold out already. Crazy.

And I booked the Iberia Biz, and had the choice of seat

Thank you all so much for helping me!
Calchas likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: SK-EBD/*A Gold, BA Gold/OW Emerald, HH Gold, ChoiceHotels Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Plat,
Sorry, Tel Aviv!

What are the dates for Tel Aviv 2018 Pride?
We've wanted to go for a long time :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.