Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by skyhighlander
The fare is live and well, you can book Irkutsk only up to March so far
​​​
Not true, my IKT booking is for April. Still before May 1 though.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
Not true, my IKT booking is for April. Still before May 1 though.
Oh, that's good to know. When checking few weeks ago I wasn't seeing anything past March 24th.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Oh, that's good to know. When checking few weeks ago I wasn't seeing anything past March 24th.
As noted aready It is possible to have IKT for Summer 2018 timtable as both SU marketed flights, at the expense of additional SU YQ USD 100. This is not showing up on Matrix but is bookable.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Keter
As noted aready It is possible to have IKT for Summer 2018 timtable as both SU marketed flights, at the expense of additional SU YQ USD 100. This is not showing up on Matrix but is bookable.
The ticket I booked shows up on Matrix. It looks like this (attached).
Attached Images  
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
The ticket I booked shows up on Matrix. It looks like this (attached).
How many miles will this one earn?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by oneworld82
How many miles will this one earn?
http://www.gcmap.com/
+
http://www.wheretocredit.com/
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:57 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
I managed to add IKT, EVN and OVB in same ticket but I cannot ”split” it in two different months... for eg to fly to IKT in January and to EVN and OVB in May-June, does anyone have any ideas how to ”split” it? (i want to mention that from IKT will return to CDG - i cannot find a flight to AMS via CDG - and will fly to EVN from CDG)

thank you
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:20 pm

I think the best thing to do is to status match into a top tier, once you've worked out the best programme for earning and whichever gives the biggest bonus. On a trip like this I wouldn't mind being part of the luggage!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by GBobon
I managed to add IKT, EVN and OVB in same ticket but I cannot ”split” it in two different months... for eg to fly to IKT in January and to EVN and OVB in May-June, does anyone have any ideas how to ”split” it? (i want to mention that from IKT will return to CDG - i cannot find a flight to AMS via CDG - and will fly to EVN from CDG)

thank you
Can you give the exact routing for what you found? Sounds interesting. Maybe I can help.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: FB
I'm thinking to fly AMS-IKT on a Saturday and immediately take the (same) plane back on Sunday. Any idea how I should arrange my tourist visa for this since I can't get the Letter of invitation from a hotel?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:07 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
@JPFr, you can buy an invitation letter online, its cheap and quick, i used ivisa.ru
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by GBobon
@JPFr, you can buy an invitation letter online, its cheap and quick, i used ivisa.ru
I found similar websites. But isn't it a problem for the Dutch Russian Consulate when I've such a letter from a hotel when my airline tickets show it's impossible for me to sleep in a hotel since after landing I already leave within 1 hour?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
You can get those invitation letters online for about 10$...

My experience is, that Russia Embassy / Consulate does not want to see your flight booking...

But bear in mind that a valid visa in your passport is no guarantee that immigration will let you enter in the RU... They could still ask you about flight and hotel reservation in SVO...
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by JPFr
I found similar websites. But isn't it a problem for the Dutch Russian Consulate when I've such a letter from a hotel when my airline tickets show it's impossible for me to sleep in a hotel since after landing I already leave within 1 hour?
No, it's not a problem. One of the most popular agencies will issue "invites" from 2 hotels only (one in Moscow & 1 in St Petersburgh) regardless of where in Russia you're staying... and it absolutely will not matter as it's not the point of the whole thing...

A someone once said, Russsia is not only a country, it's a state o mind...

These posts should get pretty interesting once folks not so familiar with post soviet customs will start their trips.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
No, it's not a problem. One of the most popular agencies will issue "invites" from 2 hotels only (one in Moscow & 1 in St Petersburgh) regardless of where in Russia you're staying... and it absolutely will not matter as it's not the point of the whole thing...

A someone once said, Russsia is not only a country, it's a state o mind...

These posts should get pretty interesting once folks not so familiar with post soviet customs will start their trips.
if you get denied boarding at IKT how far is the trans Siberian express, is it walkable. can you take the train back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.