FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   TK Denmark sale: Mumbai EUR 1060 // Zanzibar 1275 EUR // Buenos Aires EUR 1310 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1863070-tk-denmark-sale-mumbai-eur-1060-zanzibar-1275-eur-buenos-aires-eur-1310-a.html)

rbAA Aug 25, 17 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by thierry (Post 28735668)
It seems to have been an error fare since the lowest fares are twice as much, the fares shown on the link are probably OW only. In any case it's impossible to replicate

On TK's website just now, 11/22 CPH-IST-GRU-EZE return 11/30 $1550 in J (Business Promotion.) Doubt it's an error.

AHO Aug 25, 17 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA (Post 28736663)
On TK's website just now, 11/22 CPH-IST-GRU-EZE return 11/30 $1550 in J (Business Promotion.) Doubt it's an error.

Base fare of Copenhagen-Buenos Aires R/T in Business class is 5.990 DKK (approx. 810 EUR) excl. taxes so I don't think it's an error.

Code:

V FARE BASIS    BK    FARE  TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1  JN2BRO        J‡R  949.00 E05SE  T20SE  -/‡  -/12M AT01
                                  D15MR                       
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                AUTO PRICE-YES             
FROM-CPH TO-BUE    CXR-TK    TVL-10NOV17  RULE-BR01 IPRSAA2/27
FARE BASIS-JN2BRO            SPECIAL FARE  DIS-E  VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BRO      RT-BUSINESS CLASS PROMOTIONAL
DKK    5990  2002  E05SEP17 D15MAR18  FC-JN2BRO  FN-23 
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 16AUG17/0415  EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG CPH-BUE/TK2002/TAR-SAARG  EF-17AUG17 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
 1. CPH-IST-BUE
 2. CPH-IST-SAO-BUE

EZEDoesIt Aug 25, 17 9:32 pm

Of course it's not. TK is clearly advertising it on their website. You just have the find days where it's available.

Sisyphus1carus Aug 26, 17 2:48 am

Are all of the planes used for the hop to IST simply European style business class or are some proper business class too ?

imartin2k Aug 26, 17 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus (Post 28737861)
Are all of the planes used for the hop to IST simply European style business class or are some proper business class too ?

Afaik Turkish only has proper business class even on its smaller planes.

Btw, since someone here mentioned the long layovers in IST: Worth noting that Turkish offers free transit hotel if the transit time is unavoidable due to the flight times. http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.c...transit-hotel/

tropikey Aug 26, 17 4:04 am

I've just realised that it's much more convenient to search for those promotional fares on old version of TK's website.

SuperFlyBoy Aug 26, 17 4:32 am

As per the initial advert on the page, the only departure points for this sale for BOM is from BLL.

However, TK doesn't price this on the website and most routings go through CPH, probably on an SK metal flight, codeshared with TK.

Anyone able to price this out?

I am looking in September, also with google flights, but nothing seen...

Originally Posted by tropikey (Post 28737963)
I've just realised that it's much more convenient to search for those promotional fares on old version of TK's website.

Ah! Will try this now...

imartin2k Aug 26, 17 5:13 am

Originally Posted by tropikey (Post 28737963)

Great tip. The direct URL is http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-se?returnoldversion btw.

Availability of these promotional fares is pretty low it seems. But I just found CPH-EZE rt Nov22-Dec 11 for 9642 DKK.

ChocolateFactory Aug 26, 17 5:31 am

ITA Matrix shows phantom availability.
J is the lowest booking class and there is very little availability.
My travel agent only found something with GRU-EZE on waitlist, and 1.5 days in IST on the return. The stopover in IST increases the price, so it's not really worth it for me.

Anyone know a good other way to search for availability that ITA Matrix?
With ExpertFlyer, you have to search for each segment seperately, right?

IAN-UK Aug 26, 17 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus (Post 28737861)

It's a pretty lengthy "hop" from Copenhagen (3+ hours), or many other European cities (something over 4 hours on my MAN IST trecks).

Most premium cabins are 2x2 "armchair" style seats. Catering has slipped, but it's still at the top of the game.

The downside is that IST can be a bit of a zoo and quite daunting for new users: though on the other hand there are creature comforts in the splendid lounge.

If your connection time is over a certain length and satisfies some other conditions (it does so on both directions for CPH EZE), then you'll get a hotel. Free tours of Istanbul are another time-filing options.

Look for more information in the Flyertalk TK forum.

AHO Aug 26, 17 6:06 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory (Post 28738060)
ITA Matrix shows phantom availability.
J is the lowest booking class and there is very little availability.
My travel agent only found something with GRU-EZE on waitlist, and 1.5 days in IST on the return. The stopover in IST increases the price, so it's not really worth it for me.

Anyone know a good other way to search for availability that ITA Matrix?
With ExpertFlyer, you have to search for each segment seperately, right?

Turkish Airlines apply Married Segments so the availability you can see on ITA Matrix is not reliable.
You have to use a tool like ExpertFlyer and have to search like Copenhagen-Buenos Aires (via Istanbul), rather than searching Copenhagen-Istanbul and Istanbul-Buenos Aires separately.

ChocolateFactory Aug 26, 17 6:08 am

If I search for CPH to EZE (via IST), will ExpertFlyer automatically find the segment through GRU?

EZEDoesIt Aug 26, 17 7:37 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory (Post 28738096)
will ExpertFlyer automatically find the segment through GRU?

Doesn't TK always fly to EZE via GRU?

ChocolateFactory Aug 26, 17 7:53 am

Yes, that's why I asked...

SuperFlyBoy Aug 26, 17 9:39 am

Even the old website states that it cannot book for BOM! :confused: :eek: