Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LATAM Sale (MIA to GIG (and many other cities via GIG)) $1300USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP IHG Diamond Marriott Gold Hilton Diamond

LATAM announced a premium business class fair. Nothing spectacular although Miami to GIG (and other cities connecting through GIG) are around $1300 which isn't terrible considering coach is $900-1200. First post here... so apologize if it should go somewhere else. Good through March 31, right before Semana Santa.

Last edited by worldtraveler303; Aug 24, 2017 at 9:00 am
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, AF Platinum,TK and A3 Gold
Hi .
I just a USA sale? any European sale?
where did you get it?
Latam website?
thanks
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
This is a sale advertised by LATAM. You can see it on their website.
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: United 1k; AA EXP; SPG Platinum
I am not sure if this is part of that sale, but I saw various routes from MIA-SCL/EZE in September and October for around $1800 in all lie flat. Google flights was saying that it could be as low as $1400 but it looked those flights had at least some legs in economy.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: United 1k; AA EXP; SPG Platinum
I was trying to look up the earning rate for LATAM on AA's website, but they still have them broken out as LAN and TAM. I noticed LAN qualified for the AA elite bonus miles while TAM did not. Does anyone know if AA is crediting LATAM miles based on the LAN or TAM chart? Basically, are there AA elite bonus miles for LATAM flights?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:21 pm

Search is your friend.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lata...-airlines.html
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:25 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Great job OP

Nice first post. $1553 all in for MIA-EZE with segments to LIM, bookable on LA's site. Checked on next March as I'm done with EXP for this year.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:34 pm

I don't know how to identify LAN from TAM flights but both earn on AA. Only LAN earns on Alaska.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Very nice fare from MIA.

Any love for the LATAM flights from LAX? Would love to try their 787
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP IHG Diamond Marriott Gold Hilton Diamond
Interesting Combinations

I am seeing in the $1300's to MVD, although the second (short) leg in Econ. Killer is I just cancelled my LAN Visa which I believe would have given me 20% off a flight this year.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by smitty06
I don't know how to identify LAN from TAM flights but both earn on AA. Only LAN earns on Alaska.
TAM no longer exists independent of LAN, so there should be no problem crediting to AS as long as flight # is an "LA" code (which is all but a few intra-S. American codeshares) and is within the number ranges prescribed on the AS website.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Originally Posted by mczlaw
TAM no longer exists independent of LAN, so there should be no problem crediting to AS as long as flight # is an "LA" code (which is all but a few intra-S. American codeshares) and is within the number ranges prescribed on the AS website.
Be careful with this one... I believe that the flight numbers that show as "operated by JJ" do not yet qualify for Alaska mileage credit. I am certain that this was the case recently (maybe a month ago) and would not be surprised if it is still the case now.

Edited to add: This is the language that appears on the Alaska website now:

Mileage Plan is working with LATAM to add TAM flights to our award-winning program. However, Mileage Plan members can currently only earn and redeem miles on LAN-operated flights.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by gary_nj
Be careful with this one... I believe that the flight numbers that show as "operated by JJ" do not yet qualify for Alaska mileage credit. I am certain that this was the case recently (maybe a month ago) and would not be surprised if it is still the case now.

Edited to add: This is the language that appears on the Alaska website now:

Mileage Plan is working with LATAM to add TAM flights to our award-winning program. However, Mileage Plan members can currently only earn and redeem miles on LAN-operated flights.
Thank you for the clarification. I will plan accordingly.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: None no more
I see the MIA-GIG is on their 767 (for Feb Mar dates), I wonder if it would be lie flat or angle. You can't see a seat map until, presumably, after payment. Seat guru shows 2 versions of 767 for Latam. Good fare, thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by zackery149
I see the MIA-GIG is on their 767 (for Feb Mar dates), I wonder if it would be lie flat or angle. You can't see a seat map until, presumably, after payment. Seat guru shows 2 versions of 767 for Latam. Good fare, thanks.
ExperFlyer and Google Flights both seem to think lie-flat. Five rows of pairs, 2-2-2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.