Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LAX-SYD on VA/DL for $2720 over Christmas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-SYD on VA/DL for $2720 over Christmas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Turns out the parents weren't thrilled with the idea of not being around for Christmas... hope someone gets my nonstop LAX-SYD DL on the way out and VA on the way back 12/23 - 12/29... Single tear....
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Turns out the parents weren't thrilled with the idea of not being around for Christmas... hope someone gets my nonstop LAX-SYD DL on the way out and VA on the way back 12/23 - 12/29... Single tear....
I'm crying right along side you. My mother expects to see her grandkids for Christmas.

Wait, maybe I can send them to HNL by themselves, and I can make a quick trip to MEL?
BumpMe! likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Fantastic. Never find award space on this route and December is peak season due to Aussie summer.

Best pricing I've seen since the famous $500 mistake fare in 2006

Yeah well aware of the plight of this route, we live in Sydney and try to get home once a year - using points is almost impossible.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: WN, HH, SPG
I'm booked through DL on VA metal RT. Flying LAX-MEL on the 23rd, MEL-SYD on the 28th and SYD-LAX on the 30th. Booked through AMEX IAP for sub $2400. Let me know if anyone will be joining on any of those flights!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by sdltraveler
I'm booked through DL on VA metal RT. Flying LAX-MEL on the 23rd, MEL-SYD on the 28th and SYD-LAX on the 30th. Booked through AMEX IAP for sub $2400. Let me know if anyone will be joining on any of those flights!
I'm on the SYD-LAX on the 30th.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:26 am

People seem to still be booking this, but I cant find anything under $8k on delta's website or on google flights LAX-SYD or LAX-MEL on the dates others have mentioned, yesterday or today -- what might I be doing wrong?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by laxrdu
People seem to still be booking this, but I cant find anything under $8k on delta's website or on google flights LAX-SYD or LAX-MEL on the dates others have mentioned, yesterday or today -- what might I be doing wrong?
You can click any of the links on this thread - the pre-selected flights may no longer be available so you need to re-select flights for this price. You can also input the dates directly on GF.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
You can click any of the links on this thread - the pre-selected flights may no longer be available so you need to re-select flights for this price. You can also input the dates directly on GF.
Seeing it now, thanks for your help!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by hsumh316
I'm on the SYD-LAX on the 30th.
We will have to have a drink in the onboard bar then
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I think I am going to bite.

I would be coming from the east coast, so I'll probably get separate tickets for the ps route.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
The UA flight fare seems to have expired
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17
I would be coming from the east coast, so I'll probably get separate tickets for the ps route.
If you do, consider booking on the same ticket. The fare isn't just restricted ex-LAX, for around 3k you can also fly out from other places (eg BOS/BWI/RDU/BNA/MCO/etc)

Originally Posted by Repooc17
The UA flight fare seems to have expired
It's still alive although very limited slots left on this fare.
https://goo.gl/flights/pnNM
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Snagged the VA Nonstop for the LAX-SYD and DL Nonstop for the return for ~110K Amex MRs after 50% rebate... Woo
Did you have to call to get the additional discount? I'm only seeing fares for ~270k before discount
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Did you have to call to get the additional discount? I'm only seeing fares for ~270k before discount
I didn't pay with points (only have the 35% back), but yes, you do have to call Plat Travel and make sure they price it out for DL code share on VA metal to get the International Airline Program Discount.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
If you do, consider booking on the same ticket. The fare isn't just restricted ex-LAX, for around 3k you can also fly out from other places (eg BOS/BWI/RDU/BNA/MCO/etc)

It's still alive although very limited slots left on this fare.
https://goo.gl/flights/pnNM
Yes, I'm still seeing it for ca. $3050 from ORD and MCO but, unfortunately for me, not from DFW, IAH, or ATL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.