FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Qatar Airways : Tunis - Kuala Lumpur $1,165 RT (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1858022-qatar-airways-tunis-kuala-lumpur-1-165-rt.html)

MightyTravels Aug 1, 2017 9:25 am

Qatar Airways : Tunis - Kuala Lumpur $1,165 RT

- get your 'Golden Ticket' - booking into R, which we all researched how much it earns

- lot's of availability

https://www.kayak.com/flights/TUN-KU...02-15/business

justatourist Aug 1, 2017 9:38 am

Can confirm, wide open until the 18th of March. Not a golden ticket promotion though, it's a Business Promo fare.

~1000€ RT

Note: A330 and A340.

MightyTravels Aug 1, 2017 9:43 am

Originally Posted by justatourist (Post 28634297)
Not a golden ticket promotion though, it's a Business Promo fare.

I'm joking guys :)

It's about 13k miles flown.

robbo17 Aug 1, 2017 1:08 pm

Tun-jnb is similar price too....

Numb3rs Aug 1, 2017 1:36 pm

Is TUN a safe place to visit? What about just connecting at the airport?

SvenAge Aug 1, 2017 1:51 pm

A lot of people are happy to take the chance here. I see a lot of people flying from CAI. I would not, but everyone has a different approach to risk.

Calchas Aug 1, 2017 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Numb3rs (Post 28635265)

We can't really answer that. It depends on your own risk profile. The FCO has relaxed its advice and no longer advises against travel to most of Tunisia.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/tunisia

TomMM Aug 1, 2017 4:10 pm

I visited TUN last October and returned with 9.5 toes and 11 fingers.:D

ristasm Aug 1, 2017 4:35 pm

Just flew from there however i left the airport for 1 day so don't know about transit without leaving the airport. It's pretty safe and very cheap (taxi to airport about 2eur) however i had a problem as they allow only about 2000$ in cash (lowest i've seen so far anywhere) without declaring it at customs upon arrival (i didn't know that) so when i left the country today they confiscated 800eur from me as i had that much above the allowed limit but they say i can take it back when i come next time by paying some penalty for that and they were very friendly i felt like in Europe as i haven't seen any corruption during the airport expreince. Even when they found out i have more money then allowed they smiled at me and just did their job. For the country itself and the airport from someone who did a lot of transit in Cairo i would say the experience and the people are much above Egypt and since i don't need a visa for Tunis i would gladly do it again to claim my money back :D

tkwetina Aug 1, 2017 8:41 pm

compared to my last visit at Cologne I felt very safe- taxis from and to airport to city center take 15 minutes and are very cheap.

chrini1 Aug 2, 2017 6:45 am

Originally Posted by ristasm (Post 28635989)
however i had a problem as they allow only about 2000$ in cash (lowest i've seen so far anywhere) without

Wonder why you fly with that much cash anyways. This is actually raising your risk of being harmed.

oneworld82 Aug 2, 2017 9:03 am

I wouldn't make it a vacation out of it... unless you head to Carthage, Hammamet, Sjerba, or the Sahara.

IggySD Aug 2, 2017 9:29 am

I'll chime in to say I spent a week in Tunisia in March and had no concerns about safety. Biggest annoyance for me was taxi scams. Tunis itself isn't the most exciting city but the rest of the country has a lot to offer. Even in TUN you could make a couple of days with Carthage and the Bardo.

Transiting the airport would probably be similar to transiting any other airport. Perhaps a bit less stream lined than at some of the flashier more modern places but they did have transit lanes in immigration (although I didn't see anyone using them). Not sure what lounge QR uses, the TunisAir lounge is pretty bare bones and not somewhere it would be fun to spend more than 20 minutes or so.

IAN-UK Aug 2, 2017 11:48 am

Tunis is fine, so is the rest of the country. I spend quite a lot of time there. Helps if you are ok in French - and Arabic would be even better (though the spoken version is far from standard). But English serves perfectly well in the airport and in hotels.

Not sure what exactly the OP thought might happen to him/her in Tunis.

Problem is getting there - it can be expensive and/or inconvenient since tourism went down the drain.

MightyTravels Aug 2, 2017 11:56 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 28639353)
Tunis is fine, so is the rest of the country. I spend quite a lot of time there. Helps if you are ok in French - and Arabic would be even better (though the spoken version is far from standard). But English serves perfectly well in the airport and in hotels.

Not sure what exactly the OP thought might happen to him/her in Tunis.

Problem is getting there - it can be expensive and/or inconvenient since tourism went down the drain.

Oh - I would not hesitate to go to Tunis. There were $39 OW to CDG/ ORY for a long time - do they still exist?