Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA J HKG-YYZ rt (Via DFW/LAX) USD2560

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:49 am
qsh
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP BR *G

AA J HKG-YYZ rt (Via DFW or LAX) USD2560 (sub 20k HKD) max. 12M stay
Booked in a mix of Class I and D.

One of the better deals in the market for HKG to YYZ. This price has frequently been quoted for PEK or PVG, but it is the first time I have seen it for HKG.

Interestingly, this deal is only bookable/visible on selected Hong Kong Domicile Agencies. Hutchgo(Priceline group), Ctrip (Parent of Skyscanner) to name a few.

Other related deals:
KE J HKG-YYZ USD3200 (ICN to YYZ on 789 except for December)
ET J HKG-YYZ about USD3000
CX J HKG-YYZ nonstop about USD6420...

Last edited by qsh; Aug 8, 2017 at 9:16 pm
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: CX & AC; GA; SPG
For AA, are you aware the Fare class? I am looking to earn miles and credit to Asiamiles / CX MP. From Asiamiles award chart, fare class needs to be one of the following:

Travel class Eligible fare classes What you earn
Business Class D#, I#, J#, R 125% of actual miles flown

# Fare Class D, I & J for domestic flight is accrued at 150% of actual miles flown.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:30 am
qsh
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HaK888
For AA, are you aware the Fare class?
Took me a long while to find the fare class, because Ctrip would not disclose it.

I class for all.

Glad you can make use of this fare.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks for sharing - I was able to pull up this fare on Ctrip HK. The 12 months max stay is definitely a plus as a lot of discounted trans-pacific fares have short max stays. Very tempted to book this now...
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: CX & AC; GA; SPG
Originally Posted by qsh
Took me a long while to find the fare class, because Ctrip would not disclose it.

I class for all.

Glad you can make use of this fare.
Thanks for the update - I contacted Hutchgo through their online chat and they gave lame excuses and no details of Class; after 15 mins of queries they finally replied with a standard clause to contact their CS Hotline for booking and that there was an additional charge to speak with them/for their time - I was like ?!?!?!

Anyway, thanks for the details - we usually fly direct on CX but might give AA a shot with this fare
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:18 pm
qsh
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HaK888
Thanks for the update - I contacted Hutchgo through their online chat and they gave lame excuses and no details of Class; after 15 mins of queries they finally replied with a standard clause to contact their CS Hotline for booking and that there was an additional charge to speak with them/for their time - I was like ?!?!?!

Anyway, thanks for the details - we usually fly direct on CX but might give AA a shot with this fare
I checked again. It was booked into a mix of D and I.

Interestingly, after I booked it with cTrip. The price showed on AA portal was substantially (5k hkd) more than what I paid.

You can check flight class of this fare on ticket7.com (I won't book with them, but their portal is quite user friendly with full fare information)
HaK888 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.