Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ib/ba wt+ (pe) mad-dxb/auh 350€

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ib/ba wt+ (pe) mad-dxb/auh 350€

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
yeah seems to have gone this morning (
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:12 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
This deal seems to be changing. The Malaga London Dubai deal I booked a couple of days ago has gone. Its now a couple of thousand euros and the Madrid London Dubai offering is now pretty much €500..

I paid about €350 from Malaga.
It ended 8/1
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
dammm
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Now where to stay?

Originally Posted by timeport4
yeah seems to have gone this morning (
I managed to get BCN-LHR-DXB return for £298 on Iberia's site last Saturday. Never been to the middle east, can anyone suggest a good area to stay in January? Thanks for the tip on this forum.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by deco105
I managed to get BCN-LHR-DXB return for £298 on Iberia's site last Saturday. Never been to the middle east, can anyone suggest a good area to stay in January? Thanks for the tip on this forum.
Dubai might hold your attention for a few days, especially if you like shopping malls😁: though the beach should be good in January.. Hotels don't have to be pricey unless there's something on.

Or if you want somewhere 100 times nicer, more interesting, head for Muscat and Oman. Drive, bus or fly.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Downgrade to a regular WT seat!

Has anyone done these flights yet? I am flying ex-MAD to DXB tomorrow on ID3164 and IB4665/BA105, the 10:20p departure ex-LHR. The plane is a 777 and being a OWEmerald I was able to select seats in the WT+ cabin after I was ticketed. However, did OLCI this morning and find my BA flight seat has changed and is now 20J, which on the only version with that row, a centre seat on the right bank of three seats.

The plane is a 777 supposedly 4-class but there is no row 20 in WT+ ( nor on any other version). I am unable to make a seat change on either the BA or IB site, nor pull up the actual seat map for the flight. All my ticketing details show WT+ and/or T-class. So what gives? Why have I been downgraded...and to a centre seat as a OWEmerald yet!

IB says they can't do anything and the BA phone line is always on wait. Will see what I can do at the airport tomorrow.

------------

Okay, found the answer in the BA forum. It appears there are three 772s that are configured with rows 18, 19 and 20 as WT+ but these do not show on the BA website seat maps...but they fly to the Gulf. Hoping this explains the confusion.

Last edited by Shareholder; Sep 27, 2017 at 9:13 am
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Has anyone done these flights yet? I am flying ex-MAD to DXB tomorrow on ID3164 and IB4665/BA105, the 10:20p departure ex-LHR. The plane is a 777 and being a OWEmerald I was able to select seats in the WT+ cabin after I was ticketed. However, did OLCI this morning and find my BA flight seat has changed and is now 20J, which on the only version with that row, a centre seat on the right bank of three seats.

The plane is a 777 supposedly 4-class but there is no row 20 in WT+ ( nor on any other version). I am unable to make a seat change on either the BA or IB site, nor pull up the actual seat map for the flight. All my ticketing details show WT+ and/or T-class. So what gives? Why have I been downgraded...and to a centre seat as a OWEmerald yet!

IB says they can't do anything and the BA phone line is always on wait. Will see what I can do at the airport tomorrow.

------------

Okay, found the answer in the BA forum. It appears there are three 772s that are configured with rows 18, 19 and 20 as WT+ but these do not show on the BA website seat maps...but they fly to the Gulf. Hoping this explains the confusion.
There's two versions of the 772 one with 24W seats, rows 18-20 and one with 40W seats rows 18-22
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Completed two of these now but in both cases only the initial MAD-LHR segment posted (one to my AA account, the other to my BA account). Although the booking showed the WT+ flights as T-class the boarding passes showed W-class and the MAD-LHRs as M not K and these posted at 50% vs expected lower 25% mileage. Once the LHR-DXB-LHR segments post will see if they actually were in the higher WT+ category. BTW found the new seats on the 777 very comfortable and overall a good experience. Had one segment on a 744 which had the less comfortable old seats. On neither sets of flights was I able to do OLCI for the return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.