FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   AA - EWR to MGA in F + C: $636.00 A/I (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1855502-aa-ewr-mga-f-c-636-00-i.html)

cl.lurker Jul 21, 2017 7:44 pm

AA - EWR to MGA in F + C: $636.00 A/I

Early August dates, but it seems like many others available. Plenty of options on Matrix

absoluy Jul 21, 2017 7:47 pm

Also works from JFK and LGA and to MGA, SJO or GUA.

For those interested in BA tier points you can easily make it up to six segments (routing via DFW or MIA and e.g. CLT, ORD each way).

Madone59 Jul 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Looks like UA is matching.

nzthunderboy Jul 22, 2017 8:39 am

I can only find "I" fare. Do you have any links or possible screenshot for F fare. Thanks

absoluy Jul 22, 2017 8:42 am

Originally Posted by nzthunderboy (Post 28591835)
I can only find "I" fare. Do you have any links or possible screenshot for F fare. Thanks

I don't think you can get a F fare... it's sold as First Class on the domestic segments and Business Class on the international but all will book into I.

I couldnt see any three class flights that would be bookable for this fare that would get you true F.

redadeco Jul 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by nzthunderboy (Post 28591835)

F is only available on AA's premium 3-class transcons. You can't get any of them on this routing.

rmc1 Jul 22, 2017 1:39 pm

For AA can do same day turnaround but not for UA (at least the few Saturdays I checked in October). Looks like on UA has long layover in IAH which is the reason why.

redadeco Jul 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by absoluy (Post 28590361)
Also works from JFK and LGA and to MGA, SJO or GUA.

For those interested in BA tier points you can easily make it up to six segments (routing via DFW or MIA and e.g. CLT, ORD each way).

Not that attractive for BA folks, you can't squeeze in any >2000mi segments on this one. No way to get anything <$2/TP.

LAX-SJU/PTY/MGA are great deals for BAEC folks because you can generally guarantee a >2000mi segment each way.

nzthunderboy Jul 22, 2017 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by absoluy (Post 28591848)
I don't think you can get a F fare... it's sold as First Class on the domestic segments and Business Class on the international but all will book into I.

I couldnt see any three class flights that would be bookable for this fare that would get you true F.

thank you :)

absoluy Jul 23, 2017 5:53 am

Originally Posted by redadeco (Post 28592975)
Not that attractive for BA folks, you can't squeeze in any >2000mi segments on this one. No way to get anything <$2/TP.

LAX-SJU/PTY/MGA are great deals for BAEC folks because you can generally guarantee a >2000mi segment each way.

The LAX deals certainly generate more TP, but if you're based on the east coast then positioning to LAX can be a pain and add a lot of extra time to the trip (and cash tickets in Y are usually in the $200-500 range without much hope of an upgrade if you're crediting to BA). This fare can be done in a weekend and generates 6*40 = 240 TP.

Definifely not a bargain compared to some of the west coast fares with two transcon segments, but helpful to top up your TP in a weekend without having to go too far afield.

Also nice that you can leave from/arrive to LGA and transit both DFW and MIA so you have centurion lounges at most points.

johnnywho Jul 23, 2017 11:28 am

If the booking class is I then unless you have top tier status with BA, IB, AS, JL or LATAM - I don't consider it that attractive.

Even if you route through DFW and MIA the distance is only about 3600 miles one way.

I still have Platinum with AA and it is definitely not worth it for me on AA (I am not going to requalify with the new revenue based system).

Maybe I am missing something here, but with my toptier with AB I would only get 125% - not worth it for award miles.

booking class for UA fares seems to be P

absoluy Jul 23, 2017 11:43 am

Originally Posted by johnnywho (Post 28596773)
Even if you route through DFW and MIA the distance is only about 3600 miles one way.

You have got to route through DFW and/or MIA as there's no direct flight. To make it more worthwhile for tier points you add in a connection in BOS/PHL/CLT/ORD/any of the other connection points that are convienient on the east coast.

Although I agree with your point... you don't do this for the award miles, it's more for the convenient (albeit not particularly cheap) tier points.

johnnywho Jul 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by absoluy (Post 28596823)
You have got to route through DFW and/or MIA as there's no direct flight. To make it more worthwhile for tier points you add in a connection in BOS/PHL/CLT/ORD/any of the other connection points that are convienient on the east coast.

I meant DFW AND MIA, only MIA would be doable. I haven't tried any additional stops.

Originally Posted by absoluy (Post 28596823)
Although I agree with your point... you don't do this for the award miles, it's more for the convenient (albeit not particularly cheap) tier points.

Thanks for your feedback. Now I know that it's not for me, since I don't need any tier points right now.