FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Ba/aa/ib was-ath ~$2150 j (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1855192-ba-aa-ib-ath-2150-j.html)

Kreative03 Jul 20, 2017 5:09 pm

~$2600 from SFO on BA either via ORD+LHR or just LHR. Couldn't find any other viable west coast cities to work with on any alliance with consistent availability.

Per usual, however, AAVacations matches the price when pricing out a vacation, allowing for a $2599 fare inclusive of plus 3 nights of hotel.

channa Jul 20, 2017 5:38 pm

Santorini (JTR) is available too on this fare.

channa Jul 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kreative03 (Post 28585717)
~$2600 from SFO on BA either via ORD+LHR or just LHR. Couldn't find any other viable west coast cities to work with on any alliance with consistent availability.

Per usual, however, AAVacations matches the price when pricing out a vacation, allowing for a $2599 fare inclusive of plus 3 nights of hotel.

SJC as well.

channa Jul 21, 2017 12:38 am

Originally Posted by channa (Post 28585802)
Santorini (JTR) is available too on this fare.

It looks like all the Greek island/beach destinations are included.

I managed to book outbound to JTR, returning from JMK, and applied the AARP BA discount.

Thanks, OP!

FLYDCA Jul 21, 2017 7:20 am

This fare has been available for a long time now. It's also widely available far out into the future

chuck1 Jul 21, 2017 9:17 am

UA/LH says it has to be for two - is that right?

Fraser Jul 25, 2017 10:32 am

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie (Post 28584089)
BA flies a 767 daily on the route which helps a little. While the pitch still stinks, if you can get the 2 in the middle you will have the extra space from the empty middle seat and direct aisle access.

But generally I agree that BA Club Europe leaves a lot to be desired..of course like the other poster said, this is the norm in intra Europe travel.

There are also daily A321s with 1-2 staggered seating that has full lie flats in CE.

That said the ATH route seems to have regular a/c substitutions even close in. Last year I booked CE to/from Athens a month out and the ATH-LHR flight and the aircraft went from midhaul A321 to longhaul 767 a week out, then at the time of online check-in it was a shorthaul 767, which switched to a A320 after I'd checked in, then a shorthaul A321 showed up :D

OldNewYorker Jul 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Is there a good way to tell the setup of a BA plane prior to booking? BA.com seems to indicate the plane type but not the configuration.

dkc192 Jul 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by OldNewYorker (Post 28607517)
Is there a good way to tell the setup of a BA plane prior to booking? BA.com seems to indicate the plane type but not the configuration.

Consult the seat map for that particular flight, either via BA.com or Expert Flyer. Other third-party sites that search based on the flight's history or some generic aircraft code in the schedule, such as SeatGuru, will not be helpful in this regard. For the 767, both long-haul and short-haul airplanes will be configured 2-2-2 in J; the long-haul ones have a fixed 4-row J cabin with seat labels AB-EF-JK, whereas the short-haul ones can have up to 17 rows of J with seat labels AB-DF-JK. The 321s are easier to differentiate: the long-haul airplanes have an alternating 1-2 and 2-1 configuration, whereas the short-haul ones have a consistent 2-2 configuration.

mtkeller Aug 4, 2017 8:25 am

There's a $300 cut on this fare in effect at the moment, taking it down to $1768 on a simple IAD-LHR-ATH and back in J. With $200 off via AARP, that was too good for me to pass up. Also decided (somewhat by accident, as I was waiting to be quoted a cash copay I was unwilling to make, and then suddenly instead of getting a payment screen as the process indicated would come next, I got a confirmation screen) to upgrade from J to F on the 744 on the way back. I've done the upper deck on MH, DL, and LH, but never been in the nose, so seems like a reasonable option for 18,000 Avios that I rarely seem to spend in other ways.

FFMilesJunkie Aug 4, 2017 8:35 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller (Post 28647529)
There's a $300 cut on this fare in effect at the moment, taking it down to $1768 on a simple IAD-LHR-ATH and back in J. With $200 off via AARP, that was too good for me to pass up. Also decided (somewhat by accident, as I was waiting to be quoted a cash copay I was unwilling to make, and then suddenly instead of getting a payment screen as the process indicated would come next, I got a confirmation screen) to upgrade from J to F on the 744 on the way back. I've done the upper deck on MH, DL, and LH, but never been in the nose, so seems like a reasonable option for 18,000 Avios that I rarely seem to spend in other ways.

That's a great deal. We arrived in Athens yesterday with this deal. Hopefully you have enough time on your layover to enjoy the Concorde Room. While not the best lounge in the world it's not a bad place to hang out and sip on some rather nice champagne!

kirker Aug 4, 2017 9:24 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller (Post 28647529)

Damn, I'm jealous! I bought a ticket at the original fare after this thread was posted, and even with the AARP discount my ticket was $1,876. Btw my last flight on BA (not the one to ATH - I'm doing that trip in two weeks) happened to be on a 744 in F, and I'd say it's definitely worth the Avios upgrade (particularly if, like me, you strongly dislike the dual front- and rear-facing J seating arrangement BA now has on nearly all of its TATL flights, regardless of metal).

Also, you should definitely check out the Concorde Room for as long as possible. It may not literally be the best in the world, but it's an order of magnitude better than any J lounge I've seen to date!

kirker Aug 4, 2017 10:51 pm

Update: Both *A and ST matched the original BA/AA $2,150 fare sale, though unfortunately the ST sale disappeared before I had a chance to post an update here. :-/ There's still ample availability on LH, LX and UA, however (and on nearly all days through the end of the year).

iadisgreat Aug 5, 2017 4:01 pm

I posted in the new thread about the $1700 fare (I assume they'll get merged) and just saw this one, but it seems like it is gone now.

arkangel Aug 5, 2017 4:12 pm

I just saw some $2150 fares on ST for travel around T'giving so, it may not be dead just yet..