QR/UL LCA-KUL r/t 1043e

Routing LCA-DOH-CMB-KUL r/t many dates available in 2017
QR use A320 and UL A330/A320
From end of March 2018 QR A320 and on UL both legs on A330
Booking class I
https://www.kayak.it/flights/LCA-KUL...04-21/business

Last edited by usmark24; Jul 17, 17 at 9:44 am
Old Jul 18, 17, 6:59 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold & ST Elite Plus.
Not sure why it's so silent in this thread - UL 330-300 business is reverse herringbone and full-flat. On the down side: it's a long travel time, QR is on a A320 and you might not be able to use the QR business lounge in DOH on the way out. I think the price is very nice.
Old Jul 18, 17, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
I think one of the downsides might be the A320 between Colombo and KL, not the mention the 10 hour connection on the return in the rather dismal airport at Colombo...though at least the overnight at DOH will be in the QR lounge. Positioning to LCA might also be an issue.
Old Jul 22, 17, 1:35 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Shareholder View Post
I think one of the downsides might be the A320 between Colombo and KL, not the mention the 10 hour connection on the return in the rather dismal airport at Colombo...though at least the overnight at DOH will be in the QR lounge. Positioning to LCA might also be an issue.
Nothing easier than to position to LCA.

Cyprus is a super popular tourist destination for Europeans.

Here is an arrivals screen for LCA and it shows the following airlines:

A3, BA (ex LHR), SK, EK OS, LH, Norwegian + Edelweiss. Just to name the big ones!
Old Jul 22, 17, 4:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Nothing easier than to position to LCA.

Cyprus is a super popular tourist destination for Europeans.

Here is an arrivals screen for LCA and it shows the following airlines:

A3, BA (ex LHR), SK, EK OS, LH, Norwegian + Edelweiss. Just to name the big ones!
Agreed, however I guess it really depends on where you are coming in from, as adding the ticket price and time spend, it might be cheaper to start from another closer point.
If I was starting from Greece or Italy, this might be a good one, but from Western Europe, will have to double think about it.

Cheers!
Old Jul 22, 17, 4:24 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
Agreed, however I guess it really depends on where you are coming in from, as adding the ticket price and time spend, it might be cheaper to start from another closer point.
If I was starting from Greece or Italy, this might be a good one, but from Western Europe, will have to double think about it.

Cheers!
How so? As long as it's a nonstop flight from LHR/AMS/FRA/DUS etc it's pretty much the same. One hour more or less on the plane for a feeder flight isn't too horrible. But the layover times are a deal breaker and so is the horrible lounge at DOH prior to the UL flight.
Old Jul 22, 17, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

How so? As long as it's a nonstop flight from LHR/AMS/FRA/DUS etc it's pretty much the same. One hour more or less on the plane for a feeder flight isn't too horrible. But the layover times are a deal breaker and so is the horrible lounge at DOH prior to the UL flight.
LCA can be pricey for exactly the reasons you say.

It's not terrible but if you pick the wrong time to travel you can be paying nearly 1000 EUR in J from LHR.

----

By the way, the IE6MCY6 rule was also used to create LCAHKG at a similar price.

Last edited by Calchas; Jul 22, 17 at 9:24 am
Old Jul 22, 17, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
LCA can be pricey for exactly the reasons you say.

It's not terrible but if you pick the wrong time to travel you can be paying nearly 1000 EUR in J from LHR.

----

By the way, the IE6MCY6 rule was also used to create LCAHKG at a similar price.
Whoever buys this route in J for money should get his head checked out.

If I position somewhere to pick up a cheap premium fare I don't necessarily have to book Business on a European flight. In any case Avios would be somewhat ok.
Old Jul 22, 17, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Whoever buys this route in J for money should get his head checked out.
My policy is one hour max in Y. But yes, maybe my head should be examined.
Old Jul 22, 17, 12:10 pm

Try TXL for KUL instead

Good flight times and duration from 1302. A330 from TXL. Lots of availability from as early as next week.

https://goo.gl/flights/gYj2
Old Jul 23, 17, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
My policy is one hour max in Y. But yes, maybe my head should be examined.
I can see the point when long haul equipment is being used or when Y/C price difference is marginal if any (MH C fares come to mind). But for European Business Class I won't spend a dime. It's nothing but a fraud.
Old Jul 23, 17, 6:04 am

Anything over 700 seems expensive to me. And it's already 2/3 of the way across Europe.
Surely OSL, ARN, or PSA would have something for a 1k, be easy to get to, and offer a longer trip in business (as opposed to Y getting there).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: