Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: CMB-YVR r/t in J from ~US$2,500

Old Jul 16, 17, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

3x EQM if you can get AA numbers
Attached Images  
Old Jul 17, 17, 12:30 am

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Nice, a healthy dose of CX J. What ever happened to the FC fare ex-CMB-used to be about $2500 routed thru NYC?
Old Jul 17, 17, 1:45 am
Original Poster

There's an F fare too! But personally I would stick with J for the purpose of earning miles and I still get lie-flat seats, although no first class service.

And yes you can route via JFK but it's an MPM fare so the fare recalculates...sadly
Attached Images  
Old Jul 17, 17, 2:50 am

Programs: AA Plat soon dirt, BA Gold, UA MM, old NW MM, Hilton Diamond, Wood Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik View Post
There's an F fare too! But personally I would stick with J for the purpose of earning miles and I still get lie-flat seats, although no first class service.

And yes you can route via JFK but it's an MPM fare so the fare recalculates...sadly
Tks
Glad that fare is still around!
Old Jul 17, 17, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Question JFK?

There's an F fare too! And yes you can route via JFK but it's an MPM fare so the fare recalculates...sadly
I can't get the F routing via JFK to price. Can you share the ITA input or a screenshot of the fare/routing?

thanks.
Old Jul 17, 17, 9:59 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
3x EQM if you can get AA numbers
What is the link to the site where you can book this fare?
Old Jul 17, 17, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 380Flyer View Post
What is the link to the site where you can book this fare?
You can use ITA to search the fare. Unfortunately, you can't book straight off ITA, you need to use another tool, either Powertools or bookwithmatrix.com. I use the former which you can read more about on this link: ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK

Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON View Post
I can't get the F routing via JFK to price. Can you share the ITA input or a screenshot of the fare/routing?

thanks.
It can be a bit pricey. When you enter the destination in ITA, you can force fare/routing codes in the advance code box. For the example below, I typed: HKG NYC LAX /f ..fr; alliance oneworld. It's important to note that not all segments have F cabin so it will be in biz either way.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 17, 17, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM

It can be a bit pricey. When you enter the destination in ITA, you can force fare/routing codes in the advance code box. For the example below, I typed: HKG NYC LAX /f ..fr; alliance oneworld. It's important to note that not all segments have F cabin so it will be in biz either way.
Thanks. I tried searching for CMB-HKG-JFK-YVR (with JFK-YVR vv on the CX flight but couldn't get it to price, either using the AA code or the CX code for that segment).

Did you consider the nonstop CX JFK-YVR? Can you get that to price?
Old Jul 17, 17, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

I tried and it doesn't work. I'm making an uneducated guess but maybe because this is a legacy fare and it doesn't recognize the flight numbers - CX888/889 - or AA codeshare for this route for that matter.
Old Jul 17, 17, 2:32 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I tried and it doesn't work. I'm making an uneducated guess but maybe because this is a legacy fare and it doesn't recognize the flight numbers - CX888/889 - or AA codeshare for this route for that matter.
Maybe because AA doesn't codeshare on YVR-JFK!!
Old Jul 17, 17, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat soon dirt, BA Gold, UA MM, old NW MM, Hilton Diamond, Wood Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Hi Guys,
This is an AA fare, that only works on code shares with an AA flight number.

I worked thorough a few routings and could not get the fare to come up via JFK on CX. In June of 2016 there was similar priced fare from Penang.
Good luck and thanks for rediscovering this very flexible fare. Last years rules did not allow a stop over.

Happy trails!
Old Jul 17, 17, 9:57 pm

2006 is calling and they want their AA fares back ;-)
Old Jul 17, 17, 10:38 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by stephem View Post
2006 is calling and they want their AA fares back ;-)
2011 fares still allowed half-round trip pricing and for you to route via the Atlantic.
Old Jul 17, 17, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by skunker View Post
2011 fares still allowed half-round trip pricing and for you to route via the Atlantic.
There is still one Atlantic routing fare left but not exCMB, not to the US, and nowhere near as good pricing ($3.5k-ish one way) but even that will lose most value when the AA codes disappear from QR and EY flights. But possible to get apartments and AA F jfk-lax out of it with a throw away at the end.

Also at least a dozen other JRs and FRs left, AA only killed Asia to N America fares, if you look south there are still some solid fares, all Pacific routing so CX. One of them can get you within spitting distance of EXP if you route it best.
Old Jul 18, 17, 12:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stephem View Post
Also at least a dozen other JRs and FRs left, AA only killed Asia to N America fares, if you look south there are still some solid fares, all Pacific routing so CX. One of them can get you within spitting distance of EXP if you route it best.
How many of these can be bought as one ways?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: