Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Lx: Cai-zrh-sin rt: 1.396 usd

Lx: Cai-zrh-sin rt: 1.396 usd

Old Jul 15, 17, 9:43 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: PRG, DRS, VIE
Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, Delta Gold
Posts: 702
Lx: Cai-zrh-sin rt: 1.396 usd

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...CAI1LX238;sc=b
honzeek_cz is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 10:51 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SFOSJCOAK
Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVP, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Posts: 6,298
Nice fares! and good find! THz.
Love the long day time layover in Zurich, both ways.

Seems good on many days till EOS.
allset2travel is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 11:14 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,550
Originally Posted by allset2travel View Post
Love the long day time layover in Zurich, both ways.
Love also the 4 hour overnight on a A320 with 32" pitch.
jbalmuth is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 3:09 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ZRH/SFO
Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Posts: 3,666
just regular fares...
nothing exiting...
Air Rarotonga is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 3:29 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Posts: 13,857
excellent find - thanks!
IAN-UK is online now  
Old Jul 15, 17, 6:30 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: BOS, YVR, ZRH
Programs: *G
Posts: 10,037
Originally Posted by jbalmuth View Post
Love also the 4 hour overnight on a A320 with 32" pitch.
and the return gets in at 2am too, making it a bit weird for positioning. Allows for free (or 50CHF? Very small either way) stopover in ZRH which makes this very appealing to me, but I'll have to see if I can make that work with positioning... that doesn't require overnights
Smiley90 is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 7:34 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Posts: 4,912
Or, for a little more, SQ's morning flight ZRH-SIN:

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...CAI1LX238;sc=b
rbAA is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 8:53 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: BOS, YVR, ZRH
Programs: *G
Posts: 10,037
Looked, the same fare is available for other destinations as well!

Even better deal (just financially speaking):

1200USD (~60USD less than Emirates FWIW) CAI-ZRH-PEK: https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...X238;sc=b;a=LX

1450USD: CAI-ZRH-BKK: https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...X238;sc=b;a=LX

and a bit more (~1600USD) for TYO, PVG and HKG
Smiley90 is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 9:58 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NRT / HND
Programs: AA EXP, Former UA 1K
Posts: 4,473
Originally Posted by Smiley90 View Post
Looked, the same fare is available for other destinations as well!

Even better deal (just financially speaking):

1200USD (~60USD less than Emirates FWIW) CAI-ZRH-PEK: https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...X238;sc=b;a=LX

1450USD: CAI-ZRH-BKK: https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...X238;sc=b;a=LX

and a bit more (~1600USD) for TYO, PVG and HKG
Better deal is somewhat relative there since you lose quite a few miles on the PEK trip vs the SIN trip. It's almost 3,000 miles shorter on the round trip PEK vs SIN, so that's losing almost 6,000 status miles assuming a 200% status mile earning ratio on many programs for a P fare. Out of all the attractive LX fares ex CAI, SIN generates the most miles it looks like.
dvs7310 is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 10:48 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: BOS, YVR, ZRH
Programs: *G
Posts: 10,037
Originally Posted by dvs7310 View Post
Better deal is somewhat relative there since you lose quite a few miles on the PEK trip vs the SIN trip. It's almost 3,000 miles shorter on the round trip PEK vs SIN, so that's losing almost 6,000 status miles assuming a 200% status mile earning ratio on many programs for a P fare. Out of all the attractive LX fares ex CAI, SIN generates the most miles it looks like.
True.

Has anyone done throw-away ticketing with LX? How mad do they get? E.g. if I fly CAI-ZRH-SIN-ZRH//-CAI and don't fly the last leg.
Smiley90 is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 10:49 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,025
Far better value for money is TK ex CAI to CGK Business Return @ US$1,165 a.i. - 13,258 base miles *A
puchong is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 11:55 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: PRG, DRS, VIE
Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, Delta Gold
Posts: 702
Originally Posted by puchong View Post
Far better value for money is TK ex CAI to CGK Business Return @ US$1,165 a.i. - 13,258 base miles *A
Depends on the point of view, I need to get to SIN But settled with ARN-DOH-SIN with far more convinient positioning
honzeek_cz is offline  
Old Jul 16, 17, 6:34 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 61
CAI-RUH-CAN RT for 851 USD on Saudia!
rt23456p is offline  
Old Jul 16, 17, 9:11 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 204
Originally Posted by puchong View Post
Far better value for money is TK ex CAI to CGK Business Return @ US$1,165 a.i. - 13,258 base miles *A
If you get 200% status qualifying miles on your airline program this is a great deal. However, for UA members, the LX flight from CAI to SIN gives nearly 33K miles, which is excellent.
thebakaronis is offline  
Old Jul 16, 17, 1:03 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
Posts: 8,065
Originally Posted by rt23456p View Post
CAI-RUH-CAN RT for 851 USD on Saudia!
It would be a great earning but with skyteam
NA-Flyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: