Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AY YYZ-SVO in J $1,873.60 USD / $2,408.06 CAD (some with BA metal TATL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

OneWorld business class fare from Toronto to Moscow. Use Google Flights to search dates, but then book without using the Google links via either Orbitz.com or Expedia.ca. Other OTA's may work as well. Sample date used was Apr 24-May 01, 2018.
There are a number of variations, most using BA metal flights YYZ-LHR (777 or 789) and then AY A320 from LHR-HEL and RJ's from HEL-SVO. On Expedia.ca for $2,411.29 CAD you can fly YYZ-JFK on AA in Y, but then JFK-HEL on AY on an A333. On the date in question, Orbitz.com offered only LHR BA metal options for $1,873.60.

YUL-SVO is also available at the same price using the Google Flight click through to Finnair's website. Same LHR or JFK options.

Last edited by flyme2; Jul 12, 2017 at 3:32 pm Reason: Edited to add YUL as outbound option.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
AY has all kinds of great deals out of Toronto and Montreal. Next month I'm flying YYZ-BKK and returning SIN-YYZ, with a two-day stopover in Helsinki on the way back, in Business for $2500 US. The first flight (YYZ-ORD) is on AA, the last flight (LHR-YYZ) is on BA, everything else is on AY. Google Flights still shows AY round-trips YYZ-SIN for $2558 and YYZ-BKK for $2693 from this September through next March. I wouldn't do this as a mileage run (although it does yield more than 30K AA EQMs and about 4K EQDs), but it's a great option if you have to take the trip anyway. I saved even more by purchasing through Amex Travel and putting it on my Platinum card. Paid $1250 plus 125,000 MR points, got 62,500 MR points back (just before the devaluation from 50% to 35%) plus 5x MRs on the original fare. And fares from many US destinations to Toronto are quite inexpensive, whether you pay in dollars or in miles.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
AY has all kinds of great deals out of Toronto and Montreal......
As noted here, these BA-AY fares ex-YYZ for e.g., have been around and these are just a few of the other threads

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-tp-800-a.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...700-r-t-j.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...ad-3300-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.