Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR business - 1091eur Belgrade to China, many dates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR business - 1091eur Belgrade to China, many dates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kirker
That's certainly a good deal, but just out of curiosity, has anyone flown QR since Qatar was effectively "blacklisted" for its ostensible support of Iran? I know this particular routing is unlikely to be problematic, but I'm wondering if US and UK citizens in particular might run into trouble upon their return (e.g. if they have a Qatari passport stamp from a Doha stopover).

Also, FWIW, I experienced a rather significant hassle the last time I flew QR back in January, before the laptop ban started: not only did they refuse to allow me to board my DOH-LAX flight with a broken laptop -- I spilled water on it, rendering it impossible to even turn on -- they wouldn't even let me check it as luggage! Even worse, it took a full month to get it sent back to me in the US! (plus I had to drive 150 miles to the nearest airport where QR had direct flights to pick it up) I can understand not allowing it as a carry-on, but refusing to check it and not returning it for a month was one of the most, if not the most, exasperating problems I've had over 30+ years of fairly regular int'l travel and untold millions of flight miles (I didn't start counting until 15 years in).

Flew them 6x since the ban started. Flights were less the half full. In almost all cases. I am not sure about your laptop experience but the electronics ban is now lifted for them. Not sure how any airlines feel about bringing aboard a broken laptop to the USA.
Have to say that DOH airport is less full then it was a few months ago. Seems to cut down on the waitimes almost 50% and the al Safwa (first class lounge) was almost completely empty.

i would argue it's a better experience now then before. I just hope the embargo doesn't continue long as I don't see how it's sustainable for QR.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sokol2003
Where does it say 4x qmiles for premium?
This is kind advertisement that I got. And couple of reminders in meanwhile. But I think 4x is also targeted.
Earn up to quadruple QmilesBook online from now until 19 July 2017
and earn quadruple Qmiles in Premium Class
or double Qmiles in Economy Class for
travel until 10 December 2017.
Registration required.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:56 am

If I take an advantage of free Doha stop over, am I eligible for 72hrs free transit visa?

BEG-DOH-PVG-xDOH-BEG
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:52 pm

I am new to this forum and the QR points and miles, I do have the 4X offer in my mail. (i read on another forum that they frequently target the "lower" statusmembers, don't know if it is true).

Do I assume the following correctly: As a burgundy memeber I could earn roughly 16.000 X 4 = 64.000 miles by doing this flight.
With those 64.000 miles I could get 1 ticket in First class from Paris to Doha ?

That sounds really a good value to be honest, or am I missing something ?

Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wouter Jacobs
I am new to this forum and the QR points and miles, I do have the 4X offer in my mail. (i read on another forum that they frequently target the "lower" statusmembers, don't know if it is true).

Do I assume the following correctly: As a burgundy memeber I could earn roughly 16.000 X 4 = 64.000 miles by doing this flight.
With those 64.000 miles I could get 1 ticket in First class from Paris to Doha ?

Thanks
You are right. Don't missing anything.
I earned (and my wife) last week, from similar 4x Qmiles promotion, 81000 QMiles for flight from Brussels to Tokyo in business, applied for visa transit free hotel and visa stopover, stayed in 5* hotel one night, and paid a ticket 612eur (flash sale in January).
That's pretty amazing!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by speedbird006
If I take an advantage of free Doha stop over, am I eligible for 72hrs free transit visa?

BEG-DOH-PVG-xDOH-BEG
Yes. You are. Until 30 September.
I did it last week...completely free- visa and 5* hotel that you choose and book online on their website.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Wouter Jacobs

Thanks
Sounds about right, though it would only be a one way award.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
I know there is a free transit visa but what I was reading is that you must come in and go out to a third county. What if you return the day after and do not leave the airport is that possible without a visa for USA citizens? Trying to figure out the mileage run ability without having to go through the whole visa process in advance or if your comming from and returning to Doha.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:43 pm

BEG-DOH-PVG-xDOH-BEG
Do you mean for Doha? Or for China?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Seems to be a OW sale from almost any European starting city to almost any Asian and SEAsian destination ai for ~$1800USD on QR/BA/AY/IB

you can go as far as to Singapore. Times like these I wish I lived in Europe.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

BEG-DOH-PVG-xDOH-BEG
Yes. You can get the free transit visa, and the free Doha stopover.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Seems to be a OW sale from almost any European starting city to almost any Asian and SEAsian destination ai for ~$1800USD on QR/BA/AY/IB

you can go as far as to Singapore. Times like these I wish I lived in Europe.
Examples?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Examples?
check MAD-SIN, CDG-SIN, CDG-BKK, MAD-BKK...

basically any European city and any Asian or SEAsian city. check it out on googleflights. AY,QR,BA available

see the thread I started about MAD-BKK. After doing more searching I subsequently found better deals to all over the place in Asia from any major European city.

Last edited by Edgerfly; Jul 17, 2017 at 1:38 am
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by HarbourGent
Do you mean for Doha? Or for China?
Sorry, I meant Chinese visa.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:16 am

Sorry, I meant Chinese visa.
Alas the itinerary won't qualify as you are returning to the country from which you entered China, so it is not regarded as a transit. If you added in a side trip from Shanghai to, for example, Hong Kong or Taipei, the itinerary would qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.