Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Saudi CMB (Colombo,Sri Lanka) to MAN J rtn 901gbp/1255usd

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

5th June - 12th June Google Flights. Suggested book direct with Saudi, Orbitz marginally more expensive.

Looking for a cheap way back to Manchester from Bangkok, hence this and previous BOM deal, I don't mind an LCC <4hr flight to reach a starting destination with reasonable prices.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Saudia does come up as a cheap business-class options quite often, and I'm happy to use them. There are two problems though, SkyTeam (OK, that's a "me" problem) and the (often) uncomfortably long connections at the kingdom's airports - probably the reason for the low fares. I can grin and bear it if it's the single connection. But combine it with an off-line connection to another long flight on a low-cost carrier it becomes a bit too much. And low-cost carrier isn't a no-cost carrier, the fares can be quite chunky.

Though perhaps you have your eyes on the miles, or want to visit Sri Lanka

Have you looked at Turkish? They sometimes come up with good fares, and where the connection in Istanbul can be long, at least you can relax in the super lounge there.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

I would definitely combine it with a few nights in Sri Lanka, all part of the travelling fun. Most of the time I avoid looking at BKK fares directly as business is usually $2.2k-$3k roundtrip on a good day usually starting with finnair, excluding the recent TK offer which looks pretty good and is available to MAN too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.