Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: OSL-SFO/SJC/LAX in W: $738 Oct/Nov/Dec 17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA: OSL-SFO/SJC/LAX in W: $738 Oct/Nov/Dec 17

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold and Honors Gold
Maybe the wrong topic to ask but I see it being mentioned here. I earlier booked this same routing but then from DUS, being DUS-LHR-LAX-SJC. We got quoted an upgrade cost for the part LHR-LAX-LHR from PE to BC at 292(me) and 245(partner) in euros for the same flights and ticket booked? This is way higher then you seem to use, any explanation for this or should I ring BA?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by kevinvdwal
Maybe the wrong topic to ask but I see it being mentioned here. I earlier booked this same routing but then from DUS, being DUS-LHR-LAX-SJC. We got quoted an upgrade cost for the part LHR-LAX-LHR from PE to BC at 292(me) and 245(partner) in euros for the same flights and ticket booked? This is way higher then you seem to use, any explanation for this or should I ring BA?
Do you have a stopover in LAX? LAX - LHR flights incur a significant amount of taxes and fees on the Europe-bound leg - £131.79 in PE vs £374.50 in J for a straight redemption - this would be where you have an actual stopover built in as opposed to a transit stop. Same would apply if you stopped over in LHR on the outbound leg, you have to pay APD.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold and Honors Gold
Originally Posted by obduro
Do you have a stopover in LAX? LAX - LHR flights incur a significant amount of taxes and fees on the Europe-bound leg - £131.79 in PE vs £374.50 in J for a straight redemption - this would be where you have an actual stopover built in as opposed to a transit stop. Same would apply if you stopped over in LHR on the outbound leg, you have to pay APD.
Just transfers, it's the first upgrade for me with Avios so I didn't really know what to expect. But you mentioning this would mean the man I had on the phone may have overcharged me? It did really take him some time to even price it. The difference in prices quoted is also something to take in mind, really weird.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:46 pm

When you upgrade using avios for one leg of a journey, it re-calculates your tax as if you departed from the airport your upgraded flight departs. Therefore, it's charging you ex-UK taxes rather than ex-ARN. You should be able to send a refund request to get those back.
allset2travel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.