Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: OSL-SFO/SJC/LAX in W: $738 Oct/Nov/Dec 17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA: OSL-SFO/SJC/LAX in W: $738 Oct/Nov/Dec 17

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS, Hyatt
Originally Posted by rbAA
Yes, but the EQD's are 3.3 times actual fare using BA or AY versus next to nothing and having to fly on AA metal. Plus, LHR-LAX nonstop on the A380.
I did the A380 LHR-SFO recently on this type of deal, and the window seats in WT+ were excellent. Each has a cavernous storage locker between the seat and window. There is no way AA or AY have anything more spacious and comfortable on this route.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:34 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by bobovespa
That's a GREAT deal to get Exec Plat already, unless you mean you also spent more on other OneWorld airlines. I think I spent about $4,000 all in to qualify ... but that's for another thread.
Mine was $1200 on AA, but some on OW carriers. Still less than $4k total to 12k EQD's.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by rbAA
OK, so they're both equally bad, but the EQD multiple for BA is the winner, unless you like spending $12k per year on AA. My spend this year on AA was $1,200 total and I'm trying to reduce that next year.

Not sure how immigration is coming into SAN, but the above post does raise an interesting alternative. I never have had any issue with LAX immigration, especially with my Thai GF. I used to use Global Entry, but since she started traveling with me, I go with her through the regular lines. Seldom any substantial wait time.
SAN is easy for immigration. The BA flight lands in the evening and is probably the only international flight at that time.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm trying to bake in some overnight stops in London this fare, but I can't persuade ITA Matrix to give me the fare at all (though I can see dates on Google Flights). Any ideas?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by armouredant
I'm trying to bake in some overnight stops in London this fare, but I can't persuade ITA Matrix to give me the fare at all (though I can see dates on Google Flights). Any ideas?
Force Matrix to looking for T bucket availability

/f bc=T
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
I am seeing YVR-HKG-AKL for $1738 USD. Is this best route available at this time to get max EQD for AAdvantage program at this price?

I would prefer to leave from an US airport if possible.

Distance: 24,160
EQD: $4,832

Google Flights
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by aglp2k
I am seeing YVR-HKG-AKL for $1738 USD. Is this best route available at this time to get max EQD for AAdvantage program at this price?

Google Flights

Back when the EQD spend requirements for AA were launched, there were posts on this forum and on the AA forum that Premium Economy on CX from North America-HKG-SYD (for example) were a great value in terms of EQMs as well as the EQD earnings being based on mileage. A few posted here and there that they flew the route and felt it was well worth it.

It's really up to you to decide the value or if it is worth it based on what your objective is with AA, for example EXP.

For many others who are in the right location or who can easily position, the insanely cheap QR J fares that pop up, have been the route they've take for AA EXP etc.

As for flights ex-USA, it could be the various airlines don't need to offer these deals on some U.S.-Asia routes and there have been some great deals ex-YVR over the past year or so.

YMMV.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:12 am

Over 1000 NOK each way, fare must have gone
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP

Google Flights
More or less. I believe LAX-HKG-AKL is a bit longer, but it's at least $300-$1,000 more expensive. YVR has excellent fares on CX.

You can also try YVR-HKG-JNB. I believe that's farther and price should be similar to AKL.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Gautrey71
Over 1000 NOK each way, fare must have gone
Still seeing very good fares in WT+ from ARN to SJC (£550 return) across Sept-Dec'17, great for anybody who has a GUF and can locate reward seats on the LHR>SJC sector. Also seeing CPH>LAX for just under £600 return. Check CPH,ARN,OSL and HEL to all West Coast gateways, still good fares available.

Pilot37
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Yep just checked on the BA site and you can still price up GOT-LAX on the A380 for 5600SEK / £530 from various dates in September onwards.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Looking for a way home from Europe and stumbled across this. Found it's still alive for much of November and December. Looks like OSL/ARN/GOT - LAX/SFO for about USD$700. Books into K and T.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:04 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones

Google Flights
Actually, the BA PE fares out of ARN/GOT/OSL (each are apx 12,700 BIS for apx $700) have a higher multiple (3.3x) vs about 3x for the CX AKL run, so for about $1400 (two RT's) you would get apx 5000 EQD's, so saving about $400 but likely requiring a couple hotels nts.

It depends on what you like.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
When you upgrade from WT+ to CW using avios, do you have to pay a lot of extra taxes?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jongesander
When you upgrade from WT+ to CW using avios, do you have to pay a lot of extra taxes?
If the itinerary originates in the US (e.g., a US-Europe-US) round trip? You'll pay out the wazoo (several hundred per person per direction). If the itinerary originates in Europe? Then it's much more reasonable (maybe $50-$100 per person per direction depending on the exact routing).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.