Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA/NH (P) YVR-SIN (RT) ~USD$2000 [other Southeast Asia cities possible

UA/NH (P) YVR-SIN (RT) ~USD$2000 [other Southeast Asia cities possible

Old Jun 23, 17, 12:21 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Baltimore, Singapore, Vancouver
Programs: UA MP 1K, TK Miles&Smiles Elite*G, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold
Posts: 169
UA/NH (P) YVR-SIN (RT) ~USD$2000 [other Southeast Asia cities possible

An exceptionally good sale ex-YVR to SIN with other SEA cities available. Reasonably good availability in Jul through Aug for Summer Travel and from Nov through Feb for Winter Travel.

Sample Itinerary:
7/19 YVR-SFO-NRT-SIN NH7395/NH7/NH801
7/25 SIN-NRT-SFO-YVR NH802/NH8/NH7394

Fare Basis PLXTZDM9
CA$2691.82
~US$2061 (appx)

Ticket by 30th June.
kohswisscheese is offline  
Old Jun 23, 17, 1:32 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: MSP
Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Posts: 10,820
US$1,944.80 if you use P0LXCST instead.

Travel MTWRU each TPAC sector, flight rules:

Code:
  THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL VIA EACH
  TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR ON
      ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
        AC FLIGHTS 001 THROUGH 2199.
  AND
  IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL WITHIN AREA 3
      THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST NOT BE ON
      ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
        AC FLIGHTS 6122 THROUGH 6137
        ANY TG FLIGHT.
The higher fare via SFO is substantially more miles though. 12.2cpm for cheaper fare versus 10.9cpm for the higher fare.

Below 6c per EQM if flown and credited to UA, and all in paid J.
findark is offline  
Old Jun 23, 17, 2:05 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oakland CA
Programs: UA *G, AS MVPG, Globalist
Posts: 904
Originally Posted by findark View Post
The higher fare via SFO is substantially more miles though. 12.2cpm for cheaper fare versus 10.9cpm for the higher fare.

Below 6c per EQM if flown and credited to UA, and all in paid J.
And some days look like they go on the Polaris 777 via HKG!
dordal is offline  
Old Jun 23, 17, 3:12 pm
  #4  
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The City/Honolulu
Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,345
Thank you kohswisscheese! I'm starting 2018 with a nice business class trip.
Pat89339 is offline  
Old Jun 23, 17, 3:20 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SFO
Programs: UA1k 2.9mm,AA ex-EXP,Hy Glob, Acc Plt,HH Dia,Onyx Plt,Mar LT Tit,IHG Spi,RR G,BW Dia,FPC Plt
Posts: 2,357
Very nice. Thank you!

I booked UA rt YVR-SIN dep. Feb. 2018 and ret. March 2018.
kevino is offline  
Old Jun 23, 17, 3:55 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Calgary, Canada
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 861
Good fare but not new!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-1-968-rt.html
YYCCL3 is online now  
Old Jun 23, 17, 3:56 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 16,793
Originally Posted by kohswisscheese View Post
An exceptionally good sale ex-YVR to SIN with other SEA cities available. Reasonably good availability in Jul through Aug for Summer Travel and from Nov through Feb for Winter Travel.

Sample Itinerary:
7/19 YVR-SFO-NRT-SIN NH7395/NH7/NH801
7/25 SIN-NRT-SFO-YVR NH802/NH8/NH7394

Fare Basis PLXTZDM9
CA$2691.82
~US$2061 (appx)

Ticket by 30th June.


Other similar threads

Posted June 7

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-1-968-rt.html

Posted June 10

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-1980-usd.html

Posted June 7

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-1917-usd.html
24left is offline  
Old Jun 25, 17, 3:21 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bay Area
Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Posts: 11,194
Originally Posted by Pat89339 View Post
Thank you kohswisscheese! I'm starting 2018 with a nice business class trip.
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Very nice. Thank you!

I booked UA rt YVR-SIN dep. Feb. 2018 and ret. March 2018.

So you guys are booking separate trips to get to and return from YVR to take advantage of this fare?

One of you coming from Hawaii and the other from SFO?

Too bad you can't just originate from SFO and discard the segments between SFO and YVR.
wco81 is offline  
Old Jun 25, 17, 4:26 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,833
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Too bad you can't just originate from SFO and discard the segments between SFO and YVR.
Different markets with different fares, especially out of an UA hub like SFO.
So, a couple $100s for a positioning flight to YVR might turn into a few $1000s in savings.
cesco.g is offline  
Old Jun 25, 17, 5:49 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bay Area
Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Posts: 11,194
I understand that. And this year, it seems most of the J fare deals are for flights originating outside the US.

But in my case, I'd fly SFO-YVR for the positioning flight only to fly through SFO on the way before the TPAC segment. And that would be both ways?

Already have a TPAC flight booked at the end of January or I would strongly consider this, assuming I could book on UA.
wco81 is offline  
Old Jun 25, 17, 8:19 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SFO
Programs: UA1k 2.9mm,AA ex-EXP,Hy Glob, Acc Plt,HH Dia,Onyx Plt,Mar LT Tit,IHG Spi,RR G,BW Dia,FPC Plt
Posts: 2,357
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
So you guys are booking separate trips to get to and return from YVR to take advantage of this fare?

One of you coming from Hawaii and the other from SFO?

Too bad you can't just originate from SFO and discard the segments between SFO and YVR.
I don't mind positioning to YVR. I like the hotels in YVR and have Nexus, Global Entry, and APEC cards.

You can route through LAX if you want to try something different on the P fare.

In past years the UA good deal P fares from YVR to SIN showed routings through DEN for extra miles, but not this time.

If you have the time and patience, it's not so bad; with some practice, you can train your mind into enjoying the positioning.

The AC lounges in YVR are great and the airport is fun and easy.
kevino is offline  
Old Jun 25, 17, 9:22 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, UX Suma Gold, Marriott Bonvoy™️ Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,498
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
I don't mind positioning to YVR. I like the hotels in YVR and have Nexus, Global Entry, and APEC cards.
Every hotel I've tried in Richmond has been miserable - the Sheraton/Hilton/Marriott complex is awful, and the Four Points isn't any better. The Westin and the Fairmont are never affordable.

Where should I be staying? Lately, I've given up and started staying across the border in Bellingham instead...
BenA is offline  
Old Jun 25, 17, 9:27 pm
  #13  
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: YYJ/YVR/SEA
Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Posts: 13,343
Originally Posted by BenA View Post
Every hotel I've tried in Richmond has been miserable - the Sheraton/Hilton/Marriott complex is awful, and the Four Points isn't any better. The Westin and the Fairmont are never affordable.
I've stayed at Holiday Inn when it was new a few years ago as well as Hampton Inn - both were clean and decent. Maybe you have higher standards, but those were just fine by me.
EmailKid is offline  
Old Jun 26, 17, 1:18 am
  #14  
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The City/Honolulu
Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,345
My outbound flight departs at 2:30pm. I'll fly up from SFO the same day (I'll be there for NYE), so no need for a hotel.

kevino I did see some return flights through DEN.
Pat89339 is offline  
Old Jun 26, 17, 10:12 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SFO
Programs: UA1k 2.9mm,AA ex-EXP,Hy Glob, Acc Plt,HH Dia,Onyx Plt,Mar LT Tit,IHG Spi,RR G,BW Dia,FPC Plt
Posts: 2,357
Originally Posted by BenA View Post
Every hotel I've tried in Richmond has been miserable - the Sheraton/Hilton/Marriott complex is awful, and the Four Points isn't any better. The Westin and the Fairmont are never affordable.

Where should I be staying? Lately, I've given up and started staying across the border in Bellingham instead...
The Sheraton isn't fancy but I like the lounge there. It's where CX crew stays. The 4Points used to be cheaper before the renovations. It's where CZ and other crews stay.

You can easily take the SkyTrain into town and stay at a hotel downtown if there is a good promo going on or if you want more touristy options.

Bellingham is a hassle by bus bc of clearing immigration and customs.

Pat89339, it's always good not to have to worry about a hotel NYE.
kevino is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: