Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(First) London-long haul destinations, SWISS, companion fare, fr 2.060 GBP p. p.

(First) London-long haul destinations, SWISS, companion fare, fr 2.060 GBP p. p.

Old Jun 23, 17, 5:41 am
  #1  
AHO
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,044
(First) London-long haul destinations, SWISS, companion fare, fr 2.060 GBP p. p.

Similar fares to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...0-eur-p-p.html

From SWISS UK web site:
The fare is not valid to destinations in North America (Star Alliance JV).

Quite good price to Shanghai.

Prices are per person incl. taxes when at least 2 persons travel together whole journey.

Bangkok (BKK) from GBP 2538.-
Beijing (PEK) from GBP 2727.-
Shanghai (PVG) from GBP 2077.-
Singapore (SIN) from GBP 2757.-


Delhi (DEL) from GBP 2098.-
Mumbai (BOM) from GBP 2759.-


Dubai (DXB) from GBP 2728.-
Muscat (MCT) from GBP 2058.-


Dar es Salaam (DAR) from GBP 2396.-
Nairobi (NBO) from GBP 2178.-

Fare Conditions

- Price valid for 1 person for round-trip travel from selected airport, including all taxes, fees and service charges, when booked on swiss.com. OPC may apply according to method of payment.
- This offer is bookable only for 2 persons travelling on the same outbound and return flight.
- Booking period: until 3 July 2017
- Travel period: 1 July 2017 - 31 March 2018
- Rebooking: not possible
- Refund: not possible
- Min. stay. 3 days
- Seat availability limited. Subject to change.
Attached Images  
AHO is offline  
Old Jun 24, 17, 1:05 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: London. Or a plane.
Programs: "Only" 60,000 TPs until GGLfL
Posts: 2,466
WOW, great find OP
alexwuk is offline  
Old Jun 24, 17, 9:11 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 24,789
through March 18? wow, that's a ridiculous fare. $2640 for a r/t in F on LX.
cfischer is offline  
Old Jun 24, 17, 10:06 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC Gold GL, TK Gold
Posts: 157
be aware guys if you book directly with LX, they issue the tickets in Switzerland. Your credit card company will charge you fees for foreign transactions for it. Using a TA is really recommendet.
chrini1 is offline  
Old Jun 24, 17, 11:32 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sonoma
Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Posts: 578
Originally Posted by chrini1 View Post
be aware guys if you book directly with LX, they issue the tickets in Switzerland. Your credit card company will charge you fees for foreign transactions for it. Using a TA is really recommendet.
Or, use a credit card that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
sonomawine is offline  
Old Jun 24, 17, 2:19 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 24,789
Originally Posted by sonomawine View Post
Or, use a credit card that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
exactly, like Amex Plat with 5x points for airfares ^
cfischer is offline  
Old Jun 24, 17, 2:58 pm
  #7  
AHO
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,044
Originally Posted by chrini1 View Post
be aware guys if you book directly with LX, they issue the tickets in Switzerland. Your credit card company will charge you fees for foreign transactions for it. Using a TA is really recommendet.
But they still charge in the currency they have shown on their website, not in CHF.
In my case (in Sweden), they charged me in SEK (Swedish Crowns) for the ticket ex-Sweden.
AHO is offline  
Old Jun 24, 17, 7:38 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: OOL
Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Posts: 3,660
Thanks to headforpoints.com for the alert.

But availability is pretty sparse, eg all of Oct seems to be blacked out to BKK/SIN and points east.
harryhv is offline  
Old Jun 25, 17, 7:11 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: WAW ✈ LHR
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 1,608
Originally Posted by AHO View Post
But they still charge in the currency they have shown on their website, not in CHF.
In my case (in Sweden), they charged me in SEK (Swedish Crowns) for the ticket ex-Sweden.
They should charge you in SEK for ex-Sweden ticket. They will charge me in GBP for ex-UK ticket. If they charge me in CHF, then I'll have to pay forex fee; if charged in GBP, none of my credit cards would yield any additional fees.
megaloman is offline  
Old Jun 25, 17, 8:10 am
  #10  
2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London | Sydney
Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Posts: 886
For PPB purposes POS has always been UK when I've purchased F tickets on swiss.com, is there something different with this particular fare? I can't imagine there would be..
vantage03 is offline  
Old Jun 25, 17, 10:25 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: amsterdam/nl
Posts: 169
Booked last week 2 return tickets BRU-BKK at 2430,E total all in.
Definitely a steal even on this route
splflyer is offline  
Old Jun 26, 17, 3:18 am
  #12  
AHO
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,044
Originally Posted by megaloman View Post
They should charge you in SEK for ex-Sweden ticket. They will charge me in GBP for ex-UK ticket. If they charge me in CHF, then I'll have to pay forex fee; if charged in GBP, none of my credit cards would yield any additional fees.
Originally Posted by vantage03 View Post
For PPB purposes POS has always been UK when I've purchased F tickets on swiss.com, is there something different with this particular fare? I can't imagine there would be..
It's rather so that chrini1 had particular case than we others had.
They (SWISS) should charge in the currency they have shown on their websie, nothing else.
AHO is offline  
Old Jun 26, 17, 5:54 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 315
Difficulty finding fare

This is a great deal but Swiss.com web site makes if very difficult to locate dates that are valid. I went to the page as shown above, selected Bangkok for 2 people and selected the months for travel whereupon some dates showed the fare was available. I selected those dates (27 Oct returning on 7 Nov) but the fares available were all full first class i.e. F for 27 Oct. The A fare was available for the return leg. I have tried this for many dates and was only able to find a true fare during July but that is too early for our trip. Any suggestions on how to find dates when this fare is really available would be most welcome.
canred is offline  
Old Jun 26, 17, 9:32 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bergen - Norway
Programs: EBD , FBG
Posts: 309
Originally Posted by canred View Post
This is a great deal but Swiss.com web site makes if very difficult to locate dates that are valid. I went to the page as shown above, selected Bangkok for 2 people and selected the months for travel whereupon some dates showed the fare was available. I selected those dates (27 Oct returning on 7 Nov) but the fares available were all full first class i.e. F for 27 Oct. The A fare was available for the return leg. I have tried this for many dates and was only able to find a true fare during July but that is too early for our trip. Any suggestions on how to find dates when this fare is really available would be most welcome.
Isn't it easier to search on google flights and then get directed to Swiss page once best price and dates are located on google page?
Kleffen is offline  
Old Jun 26, 17, 10:52 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 315
Originally Posted by Kleffen View Post
Isn't it easier to search on google flights and then get directed to Swiss page once best price and dates are located on google page?
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried using Google Flights but it doesn't see this fare deal at all. Lowest first class price for 2 is 8281 GBP.

Last edited by canred; Jun 26, 17 at 11:18 pm Reason: Corrected fare
canred is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: