Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

American : LAX - BOG $581 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American : LAX - BOG $581 RT

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
Any way to get these to book as Special Fares to get EQD via mileage?
I booked through FareBoom - they should book as special fares. At least that is my plan.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by CAWineNerd
I booked through FareBoom - they should book as special fares. At least that is my plan.
Nice - they scared me off with th negative reviews. But maybe I'll check it out.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by evotion
I managed to find this via the Citi TY portal and was wondering what kind of numbers it pulls in. If it's through Citi is it a Special fare thus netting 3k eqd's?

I think thats the normal price deal, at $11XX, not the sale at $6XX
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by dordal
I think thats the normal price deal, at $11XX, not the sale at $6XX
Couldn't find any that would turn <24 hours at the 624 price AND have the 777.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:06 am

Programs: AA,DL
$11XX is ok Of course the $6xx-$700 range is better. Last year I paid $9xx for UIO and PTY runs.

https://www.google.com/flights/?sour...=ONEWORLD;eo=e
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold
I managed to find this via the Citi TY portal and was wondering what kind of numbers it pulls in. If it's through Citi is it a Special fare thus netting 3k eqd's?
Assuming it gets special fare, I'm calculating that as $1,733 EQD based on the mix of I/D fares. How do you get to 3k?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:34 am

Nice - they scared me off with th negative reviews. But maybe I'll check it out.
Fareboom is definitely not an OTA I will use on a regular basis. The ticket is booked, according to aa.com. When you book the ticket fareboom sends you an email with this language:
All reservations are ticketed on the same day if they are received and paid for MON-FRI before 4 pm PST and SAT before Noon PST (applies to credit card payments only). Reservations made on Saturday after Noon PST and Sunday will be processed on the following business day. Electronic tickets are e-mailed automatically no later than 7 pm PST on weekdays (2 pm PST on Saturdays) for reservations processed on the current day.
Apparently they have to give their computers time off on weekends and evenings
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Any way to get these to book as Special Fares to get EQD via mileage?
Partly yes, partly no. If you book through the TY portal, either paying in full with TY points or using any TY points at all and paying the balance in cash, your flights WILL credit as a Special Fare, with EQDs calculated as a percentage of distance.

But I don't know how you arrive at 3k EQDs, when the total RT mileage of these itineraries is around 8000, depending on routing. Ticketed in I, you'll earn 20%, or ~1600.

Your challenge will be to find that fare on flights you want, via the portal. As dordal already pointed out, your screenshot shows a fare of $1123, not $624.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:32 am

Fareboom is definitely not an OTA I will use on a regular basis. The ticket is booked, according to aa.com. When you book the ticket fareboom sends you an email with this language:

Apparently they have to give their computers time off on weekends and evenings
Maybe its actually a human booking behind the screen! haha

Last edited by olouie; Jun 22, 2017 at 10:37 am
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:34 am

Maybe its actually a human booking behind the screen! haha
Worse, I just found they book with AA directly, and the cost of the tickets shows on AA.com. Thus, it is NOT a special fare. Should I cancel and re-book through Chase reserve using points?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: AS 100K
i was trying to make this work out of SEA. ITA was showing a bunch of dates for $870. 15k eqms with class bonus. But damn ITA kept showing that the LAX-MIA or SEA-JFK/PHL had I-space when it really didn't
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:45 am

The fare is gone...
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Worse, I just found they book with AA directly, and the cost of the tickets shows on AA.com. Thus, it is NOT a special fare. Should I cancel and re-book through Chase reserve using points?
I know I called it too early last time, but I think its really gone this time. At least sort of... now $861 from LAX, which is still actually not a bad price, but not $636.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by dordal
I know I called it too early last time, but I think its really gone this time. At least sort of... now $861 from LAX, which is still actually not a bad price, but not $636.
Yeah, I'll just wait for something else to come along...
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by rdrnnr
Partly yes, partly no. If you book through the TY portal, either paying in full with TY points or using any TY points at all and paying the balance in cash, your flights WILL credit as a Special Fare, with EQDs calculated as a percentage of distance.

But I don't know how you arrive at 3k EQDs, when the total RT mileage of these itineraries is around 8000, depending on routing. Ticketed in I, you'll earn 20%, or ~1600.

Your challenge will be to find that fare on flights you want, via the portal. As dordal already pointed out, your screenshot shows a fare of $1123, not $624.
Sorry folks, major typo there.

Overall, I just want to make sure that it's a decent usage of Citi points, since it'll cost me nothing for the run via TY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.