FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   MH: CAI to ICN , HKG, TYO starting around about 1,000 € (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1844922-mh-cai-icn-hkg-tyo-starting-around-about-1-000-a.html)

tkwetina May 27, 2017 8:37 pm

MH: CAI to ICN , HKG, TYO starting around about 1,000 €

Check out this nice fare:
(low fares to ICN are kind of difficult even from CAI)

ICN is most important to me so I would like to share

CAI-AUH-KUL-ICN 1,140 €
on EY and MH

Sample
https://goo.gl/flights/zV8K

Other destinations:
BKK ~900 €
HKG ~1,050 €
TYO ~ 1,050 €

Prices changes daily up and down, saw starting price at 999 € for HKG using OTA. Would recommend to book on MH @:-)

Seems 1 month max stay :td:
Multi stop possible, fly to ICN return TYO etc.

Happy searching :cool:

tasma May 28, 2017 9:22 am

MNL, CGK and DPS also working for less than 1000EUR

notsosmart May 28, 2017 10:43 am

That's a pretty damn good find. Mostly EY metal, so I guess it's an EY fare? I didn't too deep.

rollthere May 28, 2017 11:15 am

Nice fair and very tempting, however, no AA miles for the flights on EY. :td:

EdIT: no EQM on EY, probably only RDM

:D! May 30, 2017 3:47 am

Any other start points besides CAI?

pyflam Jun 4, 2017 11:47 am

I think if you book by MH and get MH flight numbers you can get AA miles. Correct me if otherwise.

This ticket has 4mths+ max plus stopover in KUL is possible at no extra charge, I think it's a good find.

nov11 Jun 4, 2017 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by pyflam (Post 28401383)
I think if you book by MH and get MH flight numbers you can get AA miles. Correct me if otherwise.

Don't think so. According to AAdvantage:

To earn AAdvantage® miles when you fly on Malaysia Airlines marketed and operated flights as well as Malaysia Airlines codeshare flights operated by oneworld® carriers and affiliates:

Potreroflyr Jun 6, 2017 9:01 am

Malaysia is a OneWorld carrier...so you get credit on AA regardless of who issues the ticket.

Edit: That is, if you're on MH metal, not codeshares.

maxvor Jun 6, 2017 9:30 am

My interpretation of RDM earnings here:
on Malaysia marketed and operated flights - AA miles
On Malaysian marketed operated by EY - no AA miles
On EY marketed and operated - AA miles
On EY marketed and Malaysia operated - no AA miles

nov11 Jun 6, 2017 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Potreroflyr (Post 28409901)
Malaysia is a OneWorld carrier...so you get credit on AA regardless of who issues the ticket.

Edit: That is, if you're on MH metal, not codeshares.

MH code AND oneworld metal, MH earning charts on AAdvantage (so no credit for I booking class etc.)

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 28410039)
My interpretation of RDM earnings here:
on Malaysia marketed and operated flights - AA miles
On Malaysian marketed operated by EY - no AA miles
On EY marketed and operated - AA miles
On EY marketed and Malaysia operated - no AA miles

That's what I interpret as well

HypnoticSpecter Jun 6, 2017 10:26 am

Oh thanks for all feedback. Learned something today.

cgtechuk Jun 6, 2017 4:13 pm

Guessing with crediting to BA this will earn nothing other than flights on MH metal regardless of marketing carrier?

Or is there someway of still getting tier points and avios on these like Emirates flights on Qantas codes?

carrotjuice Jun 6, 2017 4:51 pm

Same for BA. Only MH codes on MH (or other OW) metal.

ttep Jun 6, 2017 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by tasma (Post 28370366)
MNL, CGK and DPS also working for less than 1000EUR

How are you getting that?

I'm using MNL on OP's dates and getting 1100Eur

cgtechuk Jun 7, 2017 4:07 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 28411905)
Same for BA. Only MH codes on MH (or other OW) metal.

Interesting..

Reason I ask is that you can fly Emirates on a QR codeshare (EK) metal and get Tier points and avios for say GLA - DXB - SYD

Just wondered that was all.

maxvor Jun 7, 2017 4:45 am

Originally Posted by cgtechuk (Post 28413333)
Interesting..

Reason I ask is that you can fly Emirates on a QR codeshare (EK) metal and get Tier points and avios for say GLA - DXB - SYD

Just wondered that was all.

And that's why you always need to read charts of your porgramme carefully. For BA you will see that QF (I think you meant Qantas, not Qatar) earns miles when marketed by QF and operated by ANY third party airline. For MH, flight series 4000 and 5000 are explicitly excluded from earnings (and EY codeshares happen to fall into this range). Hope it helps!

cgtechuk Jun 7, 2017 10:04 am

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 28413415)
And that's why you always need to read charts of your porgramme carefully. For BA you will see that QF (I think you meant Qantas, not Qatar) earns miles when marketed by QF and operated by ANY third party airline. For MH, flight series 4000 and 5000 are explicitly excluded from earnings (and EY codeshares happen to fall into this range). Hope it helps!

Yes I did mean QF and many thanks for that insight I never could figure it out, Should really have read the fare rules better!

Thanks