Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ethiopian: DUB-LAX in Biz, 1382 euros / $1543

Old May 26, 2017, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Found this on Google Flights and then verified it on Ethiopian's site. Sample dates: June 14-18. It prices lower on Ethiopian's site than on Google Flights. It seems they have DUB departures Sun/Tue/Wed/Fri and returns from LAX on the same days.
Attached Images  
Old May 26, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Given the drama's some faced with a previous sale fare out of BKK, I'd be shying away from any "sounds too good to be true" ET fare.

My 2c.
Old May 27, 2017, 12:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
that's not out of the ordinary for ET biz fares from time to time. I didn't look it up but will assume it's a P fare as well which *A frequent flyers don't like for obvious reasons. People looking for a cheap trip in C will buy them but no mileage runners are snapping them up.
Old May 27, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by dvs7310
that's not out of the ordinary for ET biz fares from time to time. I didn't look it up but will assume it's a P fare as well which *A frequent flyers don't like for obvious reasons. People looking for a cheap trip in C will buy them but no mileage runners are snapping them up.
I did look this up, and I appreciate someone verifying this, but it seems all the business fares get 100% miles, and 100% PQM's...

Wondering is something changed, because I also have looked it up before and P fare didn't get any credit.
Old May 27, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
I did look this up, and I appreciate someone verifying this, but it seems all the business fares get 100% miles, and 100% PQM's...

Wondering is something changed, because I also have looked it up before and P fare didn't get any credit.
ET P gets 100% on CA's PhoenixMiles (besides ET's own ffp). Not on others afaik.
Old May 27, 2017, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps

Still does not earn on Mileage Plus as of their Feb 2017 update. I have tried to contact Ethiopian about this before but they never answer. It seems silly to have a revenue business fare not earn miles outside their own program (aside from Phoenix Miles which is a super odd one) when all of their economy fares earn miles in most programs.
Old May 28, 2017, 3:22 am

haha after the bangkok fare, i dont think i will ever be purchasing any fare with ethiopian which straddles the border between "real" and "error". there's nothing stopping them from selling your seat to another passenger with a higher yield and then telling you when you get to check in that your fare was wrong and that your ticket is a no fly..
Old May 28, 2017, 3:02 pm

This is not an error fare, these prices are pretty common. fly them ex dub to LAX in March at Euro 1300.00 and found flight and seat really good. Service was a bit lacking and food could be improved
Old May 28, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Still does not earn on Mileage Plus as of their Feb 2017 update. I have tried to contact Ethiopian about this before but they never answer. It seems silly to have a revenue business fare not earn miles outside their own program (aside from Phoenix Miles which is a super odd one) when all of their economy fares earn miles in most programs.
This is common in Star Alliance - look at Lufthansa P class, for example.

Contacting ET about the earning rates of other programmes is a total waste of time. ET doesn't dictate to the Star Alliance partners how each of their fare classes should earn in each of those other programmes. The airline that runs each programme determines how their own programme operates - not ET.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
This is common in Star Alliance - look at Lufthansa P class, for example.

Contacting ET about the earning rates of other programmes is a total waste of time. ET doesn't dictate to the Star Alliance partners how each of their fare classes should earn in each of those other programmes. The airline that runs each programme determines how their own programme operates - not ET.
That's directly opposite of what both MileagePlus and OnePass have told me. They both claimed that the operating airline dictates which fares earn miles. I'm assuming there must be some price involved which then determines what rate the miles are earned in the mileage program of your choice, hence ET going from everything at 100% to the recent downgrade of most economy fares to 25-50% in MileagePlus.

Agree each program does determine how they operate, but they don't determine which fares another carrier will pay for.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by SQ421
Given the drama's some faced with a previous sale fare out of BKK, I'd be shying away from any "sounds too good to be true" ET fare.

My 2c.
This

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28174203-post333.html

The response from ET is classic, "Your fare is too cheap". Perhaps they're too cheap to honor it.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:20 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by vincewy
This

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28174203-post333.html

The response from ET is classic, "Your fare is too cheap". Perhaps they're too cheap to honor it.
Completely irrelevant. As has been stated numerous times upthread, this is a standard fare that comes and goes on this route.
It is in no way comparable to the recent ET error fares (which clearly were errors, despite what some might say)

There is no risk in booking this fare.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by soy
Completely irrelevant. As has been stated numerous times upthread, this is a standard fare that comes and goes on this route.
It is in no way comparable to the recent ET error fares (which clearly were errors, despite what some might say)

There is no risk in booking this fare.
Exactly. Fares at this level are available regularly to many points in the US, and come and go on all 3 alliances - though, unlike with ET, they usually requiring a transfer en-route.

I'm off in a couple of weeks on a Skyteam fare to SFO that is a couple of hundred Euro cheaper than the rate discussed in this thread

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.