Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SQ: ARN-Australia (SYD/MEL etc) in Business (D) rt 1,748

SQ: ARN-Australia (SYD/MEL etc) in Business (D) rt 1,748

Old Jul 24, 17, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus View Post
......he says cluttering the thread up himself with this post !!
This is the reason I didn't like the request for fares, as it bumped this up the page and I thought the fare had returned! But now I'm guilty of the same thing as MPP and yourself!

Reminds me of when someone at work accidentally sent an email to a distribution list of 40,000 people. The number of responses of "Stop replying to this thread" or "Please remove me" that were reply-all led to carnage.... OK - we can get back on topic now!
Old Jul 24, 17, 4:31 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by mrvincent View Post
This is the reason I didn't like the request for fares, as it bumped this up the page and I thought the fare had returned
Yes the fare is still out there, eg ARN-BNE is wide open at 19k SEK
Old Jul 25, 17, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by harryhv View Post
Yes the fare is still out there, eg ARN-BNE is wide open at 19k SEK
on SQ? I did see a new QR sale
Old Jul 25, 17, 5:38 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH View Post
on SQ? I did see a new QR sale
Yes, via DME is lowest but it's US$2556 to US$2600 thru FRA/CPH/ZRH. GF doesn't show it-looks like US$2900 to US$3100- but when you go to SQ's website to select flights an ticket, it drops down.
Old Jul 25, 17, 6:50 am

thanks, yes and not just BNE but I also found SYD for >19K. To BNE it also gave options via Zurich and others for the same price as DME. Why are they preferred over DME?

Can someone tell me if the fare rules allow open jaw? I haven't been able to find it.
Old Jul 25, 17, 7:30 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH View Post
thanks, yes and not just BNE but I also found SYD for >19K. To BNE it also gave options via Zurich and others for the same price as DME. Why are they preferred over DME?

Can someone tell me if the fare rules allow open jaw? I haven't been able to find it.
Because DME is Russia and we don't want to give them any business. Plus, what it you're stuck there? Terrible place. (OK, it's also the 1000 extra BIS for FRA each way.)

I saw an OJ using ARN or CPH out and OSL on return, but haven't looked to see if it's still around. Didn't check AMS either.
Old Jul 26, 17, 8:58 am

Programs: BA; SQ; Hyatt; Hilton
Here is some info on the DME stop. It is the same aircraft, but you do need to get off and go through security. Advantage that you would have to try quite hard to miss the connection!

SQ J ARN-SIN, what to expect

I've booked ARN-MEL-ARN for Christmas at a great fare. Sadly DME was not available, so FRA outbound and CDG inbound.
Old Jul 30, 17, 2:20 pm

Programs: TG Gold, BA Gold
Yeah it's still wide open at 19k SEK (circa 1800) in March (when I intend to use it).. open jaws are fine too.. BNE/SYD/MEL etc.
Old Aug 1, 17, 7:37 pm

Programs: British airways executive club
Originally Posted by molasis View Post
Yeah it's still wide open at 19k SEK (circa 1800) in March (when I intend to use it).. open jaws are fine too.. BNE/SYD/MEL etc.
any link? I can only find fares around 2500 ARN - SYD/MEL/BNE mostly with QR, SQ fare is gone?
Old Aug 1, 17, 8:50 pm

Programs: Etihad Plat, A3*G, HHonors DIA, GHA Plat
According to the fare rules on the SQ website, this deal was bookable until the 31st of July so yes, should be gone. Wouldn't be too surprised though, if SQ opens up that fare again fairly soon.
Old Aug 3, 17, 3:10 pm

Any thing from U.K. To MEL? J class ?

Any deals from U.K. To MEL in J class
Old Aug 4, 17, 6:05 am

Programs: NZ
Can anyone shed any light onto why ARN is such a hotbed for cheap J fares?
Old Aug 4, 17, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by minz56 View Post
Can anyone shed any light onto why ARN is such a hotbed for cheap J fares?
Well, ARN is a new route (only started at the end of May) and in a region that has seen a huge increase in capacity in recent years (Emirates, Qatar and TK have made a big push into Scandinavia, whereas only a few years ago their coverage here was very spotty). SQ may be trying to stimulate demand in a competitive marketplace, and the fact that the SIN flight stops in DME with an enforced embarkation and security re-clearance might make them just a little bit less attractive, all other things being equal.

Last edited by irishguy28; Aug 4, 17 at 6:23 am
Old Aug 4, 17, 7:51 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Well, ARN is a new route (only started at the end of May) and in a region that has seen a huge increase in capacity in recent years (Emirates, Qatar and TK have made a big push into Scandinavia, whereas only a few years ago their coverage here was very spotty). SQ may be trying to stimulate demand in a competitive marketplace, and the fact that the SIN flight stops in DME with an enforced embarkation and security re-clearance might make them just a little bit less attractive, all other things being equal.
Thanks Irishguy28 - makes sense.

I remember having a stopover in Moscow on an AF flight CDG/NRT in the days when aircraft couldn't do those sectors non-stop. I remember it being all rather fun so I wouldn't mind it with SQ.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: