Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: YVR-NRT r/t in J for US$1,590

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL: YVR-NRT r/t in J for US$1,590

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
FWIW: I was surprised to find JAL (on AA codeshare) and other AA connections for 2,400$ YVR-TYO rt.

That's a damn good fare as well.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: DL GM
There are still some ~$2100US fares around if anyone is interested, still a great price. There is also an option of YYZ-DTW-NRT-SIN//NRT-DTW-YYZ for a bit over $2300US which is what I ended up doing. If anyone wants to go the SIN route, you can choose between NRT or PVG on the 747 though the PVG-SIN segment is operated by China Eastern which appears to be 2-2-2 in J on that route.

Plan is to work my way back from SIN to NRT, probably UA SIN-HKG and China Eastern from HKG to NRT utilizing a TWOV stopover at PVG in the middle. I know TWOV is up to 144 through PVG but I probably won't push my luck staying that long and just stick with 72.

Of course, none of that matters because the star of the show is the 747 upper deck.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by smilee
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to credit this Delta fare too? I think I would only earn about 5000 miles for this business class fare to Tokyo.
FlyingBlue is a solid option. Believe DL Z fares are 125% plus they are a transfer partner of all CCs for top-up.

KE is an option but at the moment no COS bonus so just 100% and a UR transfer partner
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Duke787
FlyingBlue is a solid option. Believe DL Z fares are 125% plus they are a transfer partner of all CCs for top-up.

KE is an option but at the moment no COS bonus so just 100% and a UR transfer partner
Which of the Sky Team airlines are the best for depositing miles if one can afford to exclusively fly paid international business-class is an interesting question to ponder.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Booked a pretty sweet deal the other day: YYZ-ATL-NRT-SIN-ICN-DTW-YYZ for $2600 US. Bonus of getting to fly on the upper deck on not just DL metal NRT-DTW but Korean from SIN-ICN! 31000+ MQM's to add to it as well. Score! ^

OPS
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Which of the Sky Team airlines are the best for depositing miles if one can afford to exclusively fly paid international business-class is an interesting question to ponder.
Whichever lets you eventually redeem for international first class

FWIW assuming a standard routing from YYZ (YYZ - DTW - NRT - DTW - YYZ) here's a good chart to reference:

http://www.wheretocredit.com/calcula...Z/DTW-YYZ-DL-Z

You can also plug in any alternates or starting from YVR.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like the idea of that chart, but it shows zero for Delta, so that makes me doubt the accuracy.

Edit: Sorry - I see the point. This is RDM, so it depends on status and price. I was thinking this was MQM for some reason.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL GM
If my math is correct (rarely), I should end up with a little over 17,000 RDM (x8 as GM) and 25,000 MQM for NRT-DTW-NRT-SIN//NRT-DTW-YYZ. Maybe a little less if I skip the final DTW-YYZ leg, which hopefully would not cause me to lose any other miles from previous segments as Delta retribution.

Add in a China Eastern segment or two to work my way back to Tokyo and it shouldn't be so bad. No idea what I'll do for the two weeks in between yet.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
So I redeemed Amex MRs for this and the price via Amex was ~$10 than what I could find on DL, but as it turns out, it was a consolidator fare so hellllooo distance based earning
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
If my math is correct (rarely), I should end up with a little over 17,000 RDM (x8 as GM) and 25,000 MQM for NRT-DTW-NRT-SIN//NRT-DTW-YYZ. Maybe a little less if I skip the final DTW-YYZ leg, which hopefully would not cause me to lose any other miles from previous segments as Delta retribution.

Add in a China Eastern segment or two to work my way back to Tokyo and it shouldn't be so bad. No idea what I'll do for the two weeks in between yet.
It's fairly inexpensive to fly from say Singapore to Malaysia, Burma and so forth.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by mattya9
Booked a pretty sweet deal the other day: YYZ-ATL-NRT-SIN-ICN-DTW-YYZ for $2600 US. Bonus of getting to fly on the upper deck on not just DL metal NRT-DTW but Korean from SIN-ICN! 31000+ MQM's to add to it as well. Score! ^

OPS
Could you please share more details?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by bjacks217
Could you please share more details?
It's actually available July 9-11. Just looked and it's right around $2600. Search on DL.com in the advanced engine and look up YYZ to SIN by fare class Z and higher. You'll actually get the 747-8 twice and the 747-400 once.

OPS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.