Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/IB: JFK-MAD $2500 RT in J

AA/IB: JFK-MAD $2500 RT in J

Old May 10, 17, 5:29 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 14
AA/IB: JFK-MAD $2500 RT in J

Not the greatest fare. There are options for AA or Iberia.
Wondering which one is a better J product? AA looks like 767, Iberia A340

Last edited by HenryY; May 10, 17 at 5:36 pm
HenryY is offline  
Old May 10, 17, 5:50 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Madrid
Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold)
Posts: 290
Originally Posted by HenryY View Post
Not the greatest fare. There are options for AA or Iberia.
Wondering which one is a better J product? AA looks like 767, Iberia A340
IB 330/340 are much better than AA767- no doubt
Marcin83 is online now  
Old May 11, 17, 5:25 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 52
https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...s=0,0,0,0;eo=c

LAX-BOG-MAD & vv: all 787's - approx $2,030 RT

Can play with stopovers in BOG for a bit more.
MAGA is offline  
Old May 11, 17, 8:52 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 410
Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...s=0,0,0,0;eo=c

LAX-BOG-MAD & vv: all 787's - approx $2,030 RT

Can play with stopovers in BOG for a bit more.
Having just taken this flight, I don't think I'd take it again. Out of the four legs, only the originating flight from LAX-BOG left on time. BOG-MAD delayed by 90 min. MAD-BOG delayed by 60 min. BOG-LAX delayed by 60 min.

If you decide to take the flight, I would recommend sitting in the front section of business. The mini-cabin (last two rows of business) are right in front of economy and the bassinets. There were several babies that cried right behind my row. I don't blame the babies nor the parents, but it made the flight a little uncomfortable.

Service is also a bit on the gruff side at times.
op487062 is offline  
Old May 12, 17, 8:51 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Coast, Best Coast
Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Posts: 15,489
Originally Posted by op487062 View Post
Having just taken this flight, I don't think I'd take it again.
Agreed, it's a reliably cheap way to get to Europe in J from the west coast, but totally out of the way and not that great of a product. Considering that YVR usually has some decent fares of $2500-2800 on KLM, BA and the like, it's generally the better option IMO. YMMV.
PV_Premier is offline  
Old May 12, 17, 8:56 am
  #6  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 86,651
It's odd to see a decent sale fare for a hub to hub route? Is this in response to a sale on this route by either *A or SkyTeam?
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old May 18, 17, 8:55 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 14
Iberia A340 and A330 business class

I am looking at ORD-MAD coming back to MAD-LAX
I see that ORD MAD is A340 and MAD-LAX is A330.
Are they both lie flat seats?
I see that some A340s are reclining business class, does anyone know what they fly on ORD-MAD route?
HenryY is offline  
Old May 18, 17, 8:58 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SFO/SMF
Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Posts: 1,903
Look it up on SeatGuru ^


Originally Posted by HenryY View Post
I am looking at ORD-MAD coming back to MAD-LAX
I see that ORD MAD is A340 and MAD-LAX is A330.
Are they both lie flat seats?
I see that some A340s are reclining business class, does anyone know what they fly on ORD-MAD route?
fozziedoggie is offline  
Old May 18, 17, 9:12 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 14
I did look it up on seatguru
The problem is that Iberia has 2 versions of A340 and seatguru does not distinguish.
HenryY is offline  
Old May 18, 17, 3:40 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, FLL
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE, BA Bronze
Posts: 4,519
No you'll get the lie flat business class seats. All good.

FYI, this route is about $2000-2100 on SkyTeam, and $2450 on OW at the moment (for peak summer).
seanp7 is offline  
Old May 21, 17, 3:57 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Posts: 1,275
IB 330/340 versus AA767

Originally Posted by Marcin83 View Post
IB 330/340 are much better than AA767- no doubt
What are the differences?

I found the refitted AA767 service much better than the old version.

I have never flown long haul on IB.

Short haul IB is not nearly as comfortable as AA short haul.
nonesuch flyer is offline  
Old May 22, 17, 1:33 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...s=0,0,0,0;eo=c

LAX-BOG-MAD & vv: all 787's - approx $2,030 RT

Can play with stopovers in BOG for a bit more.
Didn't show any results on that link
evotion is offline  
Old May 22, 17, 1:45 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Madrid
Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold)
Posts: 290
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer View Post
What are the differences?

I found the refitted AA767 service much better than the old version.

I have never flown long haul on IB.

Short haul IB is not nearly as comfortable as AA short haul.
Sorry, but I thought that JFK-MAD was still operated by the old B767. But still, the catering in long haul "C" is better in IB, at least in my opinion.
Marcin83 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: