Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Alitalia Business class Cai-Yyz Via Fco $1082

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k

You get great miles with Ethiad
widely available
Old May 8, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Thank you for sharing!
Old May 8, 2017, 2:48 pm

Buyer Beware:
Alitalia is back in bankruptcy
If you have any Alitalia flights coming up in the next few months, you’re probably not going to be affected. But, it’s wise to have a backup plan anyways. If you have a flight further out, you might want to look into alternatives now, so you aren’t left stranded without a flight closer to your trip.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by raccoon
Buyer Beware:
Alitalia is back in bankruptcy
If you have any Alitalia flights coming up in the next few months, you’re probably not going to be affected. But, it’s wise to have a backup plan anyways. If you have a flight further out, you might want to look into alternatives now, so you aren’t left stranded without a flight closer to your trip.
You could at least have changed some of the words to try and make it look like a post you wrote, rather than copying and pasting the last paragraph from a blog!

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/05/ali...nkruptcy-2017/
Old May 8, 2017, 3:24 pm

Deleted

Last edited by SvenAge; May 8, 2017 at 3:26 pm Reason: Not worth the hassle
Old May 8, 2017, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by SvenAge
I'd avoid these clowns if at all possible. There are stories everywhere of them failing to refund basic tickets they either cancelled or corrupted. Some people waited months.

It had even been suggested by some at the time that this 'event' had been produced as a financing mechanism to stave off bankruptcy. Fast-forward a few months and how that does not seem so unbelievable.

If they can't refund a basic ticket then I wouldn't trust them beyond this.
Yup - had plenty of issues getting my money back from them after the FLR - DUS error fare last year. Took about three months to get my money back after they agreed to a refund.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by obduro
Yup - had plenty of issues getting my money back from them after the FLR - DUS error fare last year. Took about three months to get my money back after they agreed to a refund.
Thanks to the OP for posting.

To prevent against this issue, plate it on 006 stock or another non-bankruptcy ST JV carrier.

I plated the FLR-DUS on 006 stock and was able to fly it no problem.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345

To prevent against this issue, plate it on 006 stock or another non-bankruptcy ST JV carrier.

Next time they come up with a crazy 'get rich quick' error fare, I will be doing this!
Old May 8, 2017, 4:24 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I'd love to know what on earth he meant with all this 006. It looks like English but I don't understand a word. Could you be a love and translate

Alitalia is living on borrowed time. I wouldn't leave it long to avail yourself of this fare.
Old May 8, 2017, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I'd love to know what on earth he meant with all this 006. It looks like English but I don't understand a word. Could you be a love and translate.
006 is the prefix of all Delta issued eticket numbers. So, it means they ticketed their flights through Delta.
Old May 8, 2017, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by btonkid12345

You flew that disaster of a fare successfully, wow, you must have been the only one that survived it, thank god I didn't book it...
Old May 8, 2017, 7:11 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by alpenrock
You get great miles with Ethiad
widely available
Looks good thru Nov which is when the money the Italian gov't gave AZ runs out.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by obduro
You could at least have changed some of the words to try and make it look like a post you wrote, rather than copying and pasting the last paragraph from a blog!

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/05/ali...nkruptcy-2017/
Change me plagiarism? I will make sure use the quotation marks next time. You are really idle, find a real job and spend your time.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by nk15
You flew that disaster of a fare successfully, wow, you must have been the only one that survived it, thank god I didn't book it...
Some, although I have no idea how many, did slip through the net according to the thread in the Mileage Run Discussion forum. I still have a live one for next month which I really need to get around to booking positioning for!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.