Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

OW / ST: SFO - MAN (Business for $2500-ish)

Old May 6, 17, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, AA EXP

Seems to be SFO-specific and seems to start around 1 June, but $2570 is the commonest fare I find on OW and about $2290 on VS and ST.

With AARP and CARDOFFERU discount, the BA fare goes down to $2133.

For the west coast at any time of year this is a really good deal - grab it while you can.
Old May 6, 17, 9:31 am

Programs: AA PLT, ex-UA 1K, Sixt Plat.
FYI, this deal has been going on for a while now, albeit on ST: VS has been aggressively discounting fares to promote its new nonstop service into MAN. IIRC fares were originally closer to $2K.

Also, just as a heads-up: I can't recall if it's been mentioned here, but BA flies its newest metal -- a 789 with a four-cabin configuration -- between SJC-LHR. It's the first to feature BA's new PE product, which is roughly akin to domestic FC (but with further recline and a footrest). It's also possible to upgrade from PE to J for only 25K AA miles r/t, without any additional fees and regardless of PE fare class. Further, purchased PE tickets on BA generate 4x more EQDs than discount economy, which is nearly as many as discounted J tickets do.
Old May 6, 17, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
How do you see upgradable w/ AA miles regardless of fare class? I've found lately almost none of the AA fare classes are upgradable from PE->J - only proper full fare. Even the 'T' on AA is not upgradable anymore. Search for other threads on this here as it's come up before.
Old May 6, 17, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, AA EXP
Indeed, BA PE fares (not AA codeshares) do earn good EQDs and pretty good EQMs, but the chance of upgrading them is very low. To upgrade with AA miles you need the most expensive fare, but to upgrade with Avios then any fare class is upgradable, but availability is almost always non-existent on SFO-LHR flights, and when it is available it is usually only for a few hours at a time.

Also, this cheap Business fare is only about $120 more than the PE fare anyway, and a BA J fare is going to earn a few more EQDs (and the same EQMs).

This Manchester fare seems to require a return by July 11, but I could be wrong.
Old May 7, 17, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
This is the third or fourth iteration of the VS service launch sale.

Fare is ~$2,275 rt plus applicable taxes (OW is an extra $250) depending on where you transit. Travel Tue/Fri/Sun on each TATL sector. All have a 28-day AP and 7-day min stay with a max of 12 months (ST), 6 months (OW), 3 months (*A), and...

ST/OW:

Code:
  PERMITTED 03MAY THROUGH 11JUL OR 20AUG THROUGH 29SEP FOR
  EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
*A:

Code:
SEASONALITY
   OUTBOUND -
     PERMITTED 03MAY THROUGH 11JUL FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC
     SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE.
   INBOUND -
     PERMITTED 20AUG THROUGH 29SEP FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC
     SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE.
I think someone was high when they wrote the *A block.. yes, this requires a stay at least from 11-Jul to 20-Aug.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: