Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AC: YYZ-NRT direct ~$2074USD; ~$2847CAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC: YYZ-NRT direct ~$2074USD; ~$2847CAD

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nikbruno
Where can you route to get the UA 773?

Edit: nvmd - found it via SF. Thanks!
Heh yeah sorry - meant to say the Polaris hard product ex-SFO.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA
great fare! can anyone comment on their 777 vs 787? I hear the 787's are BE-super diamond which is what AA has on their new 772's and 789's, but not sure what 777 is serving up. Is Air Canada still using ancient cabin crew as well?
Old May 3, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: United Platinum, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sterndogg
Heh yeah sorry - meant to say the Polaris hard product ex-SFO.
sorry, i don't see the United comparable fare, either through SF, DEN or ORD, help?
Old May 3, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pakkai
sorry, i don't see the United comparable fare, either through SF, DEN or ORD, help?
You gotta play around with ITA and/or Google Flights for routing - just randomly did this search: https://goo.gl/flights/2TQC
Old May 4, 2017, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by DoctorORD
great fare! can anyone comment on their 777 vs 787? I hear the 787's are BE-super diamond which is what AA has on their new 772's and 789's, but not sure what 777 is serving up. Is Air Canada still using ancient cabin crew as well?
Other than the A330s, AC's long-haul J fleet is all reverse herringbone.
Old May 4, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Sterndogg
You gotta play around with ITA and/or Google Flights for routing - just randomly did this search: https://goo.gl/flights/2TQC
Honestly, it's a lot easier just to use aircanada.com
Old May 4, 2017, 6:43 am

Not familiar with AA product, but on AC I prefer the 789 vs the 777. Smaller J Cabin, plus all the standard 787 advantages.

And yes, for the most part, still using older cabin crew.
Old May 4, 2017, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by torontochinese
not bookable, it doesn't go to seat page, stuck there
Works for me.
Old May 4, 2017, 6:51 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
How's the AC onboard menu to Japan? Is it worth going for ANA routes for about 200 more for better food choices?
Old May 4, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
The 767s, like the A330s, are also herringbone, but neither fly to Asia.

Originally Posted by jix
How's the AC onboard menu to Japan? Is it worth going for ANA routes for about 200 more for better food choices?
I would go for ANA. The food and the service are far better. I would rate the AC food as about the same as that found on other North American airlines for their long haul flights. IMO ANA has the 2nd best transpacific J product after SQ.

Last edited by gspurr; May 5, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Old May 4, 2017, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by gspurr
The 767s, like the A330s, are also herringbone, but neither fly to Asia.
Oh yeah...the 767s, forgot about those as I thought they'd been mostly Rouge'd. But you're right, not relevant on TPAC routes.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:27 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by gspurr
IMO ANA has the 2nd transpacific J product after SQ.
Ohh SQ, but I'm not seeing any flights on NRT-LAX. I see ANA (UA codeshare) via ORD/IAH/SFO but nothing from LAX.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
... Is Air Canada still using ancient cabin crew as well?
Funny you ask. Was just having a chat with some U.S. pax while in HKG. They insisted that the FAs on AA and UA were much older than those on AC.

I been flying AC's TPAC routes rather frequently for the past number of years.

There is actually a difference on routes based on my experiences. AC YYZ-HKG tends to have very senior SDs (Service Directors), but there is a range in age. Also on those flights are a very nice group of young FAs, all of whom speak at least one other language along with English and French. (Same is true on all AC international flights. Rather impressive actually).

However, age does not necessarily explain temperament.

I find a completely different experience when I fly to HKG or NRT via YVR. There seems to be a slight difference in the ages of the SDs compared to the YYZ-based crews (I can't prove it, so it's just my view). But overall, I find the service I receive on those routes friendlier. IMHO.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 24left
Funny you ask. Was just having a chat with some U.S. pax while in HKG. They insisted that the FAs on AA and UA were much older than those on AC.

I been flying AC's TPAC routes rather frequently for the past number of years.

There is actually a difference on routes based on my experiences. AC YYZ-HKG tends to have very senior SDs (Service Directors), but there is a range in age. Also on those flights are a very nice group of young FAs, all of whom speak at least one other language along with English and French. (Same is true on all AC international flights. Rather impressive actually).
I do not understand the obsession on age of flight attendants. It smacks of objectification, which may be typical of last century social norms but it's absolutely dreadful to hear it nowadays. Do travelers judge other service-oriented employees in the same way? Does anyone criticize car rental agents, hotel front desk workers, housekeepers, waitstaff in the same manner? "Wow, that Sheraton has really old people at the front desk!" I hope that people speak up against such rude statements when heard. I am certain that flight attendants would thank you for doing so.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
As a note, the 767s do fly to Asia. There are options on this fare that involve connections at YYC, where AC flies 767s to NRT.

All AC 777s and 787s are now using the BE Super Diamond pods. The XM and Thompson seats were removed a while ago from the 777 fleet.

As for the crews, ageism is both unkind and foolish. The service from "old" Air Canada flight crews is MUCH better than you will ever find with the "young" Rouge crews.

A330 and 767 are the XM herringbone, which is still a decent product.

Oh yeah...the 767s, forgot about those as I thought they'd been mostly Rouge'd. But you're right, not relevant on TPAC routes.
I'm not sure any or many of the Rouge 767s came from the true legacy AC fleet, instead mostly coming from other operators or the Amigos/Pineapples fleet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.