FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Mh/aa cmb-kul-nrt-lax $2431 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1840210-mh-aa-cmb-kul-nrt-lax-2431-a.html)

notsosmart May 2, 2017 7:59 am

Mh/aa cmb-kul-nrt-lax $2431

Not sure how many people look at CMB fares, but if you're already positioned there, this is not a bad one. I didn't check, but stopovers *should* be allowed.

AA for the TPAC, obviously. Maybe you can find a way to work JL in instead.

CMB-KUL is a 737... I've flown this route when it allowed a stop in MLE, but i guess they have a nonstop now.

Edited to add: beginning in October :-)

Thunderroad May 2, 2017 1:27 pm

Regardless of whether this is a regularly published deal or not, it sounds pretty good to me both for the RT fare itself and to end the return trip in NRT or KUL if that suits one's travel plans better. Thanks for posting it, OP.

work2fly May 2, 2017 4:19 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...rum-rules.html

9. Be gentle and tactful when others fall short. Mistakes happen - by veterans and newbies alike.

No need to be harsh or overly critical. Forum moderators are tasked with taking official action. Leave it to them.
If someone posts something which isn’t of interest to you or doesn’t meet your standards, simply move on. If a deal is of no value to anyone, it will sink to the bottom.

Pat89339 May 2, 2017 6:34 pm

Thank you work2fly for reminding others of one of the rules for posting in this forum.

Sadly, I also have to post a reminder of rules 12 and 18:
12. Abusive Or Disruptive Behavior Or Content

12.1 Friendly, Respectful and Welcoming

FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.

Please post in a friendly, respectful, welcoming manner. 'Snarky,' unfriendly posts will not be allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.

Unhelpful posts, such as "Do a search" or those that merely comment on the worthiness of others' posts or threads are neither friendly nor welcoming and will not be allowed. If you can't be helpful or contribute substantive content to a thread, please refrain from posting.

12.2 Avoid Getting Personal

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.

FlyerTalk is a diverse, multi-cultural community. Expressions of prejudice or discrimination in any form are not permitted (such as those concerning race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc).

If another member gets personal with you, do not retaliate. Retaliation may well subject you to the same discipline. Instead, please use the 'Alert a moderator to this thread' button in the lower-left-hand-corner of each post, send a note explaining your concern to the moderator team, and leave it to them to handle. Please also see Rule 22 — When you believe someone has violated the rules.

12.3 Disruptive or repetitive posting

Posts that are inflammatory, inciting or unnecessarily provocative are not allowed.

Disrupting a forum by repetitively posting comments of the same general theme or 'piling-on' by posting merely to reinforce or bump a prior post of a disruptive nature are both examples of disruptive posting and not permitted.
and
18. Discussion Of Moderator Actions
Moderators value your private views and feedback related to their actions and duties. You may submit appropriate feedback to moderators by private message or e-mail. Do not post comments about moderator decisions or actions, or about the work of moderators, unless a moderator has invited members to post feedback in a particular thread.

Any concerns about the actions of a moderator should be directed exclusively and privately to the Community Director.
Any further violation of either of these rules may subject you to discipline and/or suspension of your ability to post.

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum

FlyingFrZ May 2, 2017 7:09 pm

Looks like you can do JAL metal on the TPAC segment

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...c=b;a=ONEWORLD

Also on certain dates, JAL's 787 was available on the KUL-NRT segment

stephem May 2, 2017 9:38 pm

A couple of things...

one, assuming this is MH fare basis ZBZ1YLK, I hate google flights laden posts because hey, the fare really matters because it's often about more than price...

B, it's not a bad fare IF you use it to it's full extent. It is a routing fare cmb-kul-nrt-lax is the only permitted routing BUT you get free stopovers in KUL and cheap stopovers in TYO. That can be really valuable.

Three, there are other better unrestricted J (yeah, I mean J, not Z or I) still lingering in the region to area 1 that are probably a better value. But those dont allow stopovers.

notsosmart May 3, 2017 9:58 am

Originally Posted by stephem (Post 28259676)
A couple of things...

one, assuming this is MH fare basis ZBZ1YLK, I hate google flights laden posts because hey, the fare really matters because it's often about more than price...

B, it's not a bad fare IF you use it to it's full extent. It is a routing fare cmb-kul-nrt-lax is the only permitted routing BUT you get free stopovers in KUL and cheap stopovers in TYO. That can be really valuable.

Three, there are other better unrestricted J (yeah, I mean J, not Z or I) still lingering in the region to area 1 that are probably a better value. But those dont allow stopovers.

Yea, I get it, it's the stopovers that make it appealing to me though. When I get up off my lazy butt and actually take trips, they usually last 12 months, (EOS) with multiple stops where other flights commence etc. So a long stopover in NRT would be useful, same for KUL.

I've flown very restrictive (though attractive) fares out of CMB that didn't allow stopovers, and I always kicked myself for this. Sure, I can maximize the 24 hour rule whenever possible, but that's not really the same thing.

But I get your point, for sure.

P.S. Thank you, mods. ^:-: