Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CAI-USA-EZE-USA-CAI J ~2000-2400 4.3cpm AA/BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CAI-USA-EZE-USA-CAI J ~2000-2400 4.3cpm AA/BA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Anyone been able to work in a couple of USA stopovers that don't cause the fare to implode?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by anabolism
Doesn't sound pleasant, (better than being left in a room in the bowels of CBP for an indeterminate period, but that's a low bar).
They are actually much more interesting to talk to than the usual security automatons! I'd take a 5 min chat with them over the BS AA "security questions" every time... but to reiterate: this isn't for everyone.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
a few datapoints about BA fares ex-CAI to the US (as opposed to EZE)

stopovers are free. ^
fare is pretty much completely flexible. ^

I booked cai-lhr-dub(stop)dub-jfk-lax-Ogg(destination, OJ) LIH-LAX(stop)LAX-CLT-DUB(stop)Dub-lhr-cai as one ticket (1200 BAEC TPs)
Cai-lhr-dub(stop)dub-phl-mia-slc(destination)slc-lax-mia-phl-dub(stop)Dub-lhr-cai as a second ticket (1000 BAEC TPs)

it costs something like $20 to change the tickets anytime I want - as long as I availability is there I'm golden and I can always rely on AA's schedule changes to allow me whatever re-routing I want inside the US.

(For the AA FF'ers amongst you looking for EQDs every flight except the legs to/from Hawaiian Islands is booked on the BA Prime codes albeit operated by AA)

Fabulous tickets, and an overnight in the Le Meridien in Cairo is entirely stress and risk free. One COULD even overnight in the airport (airside) I understand but I would not recommend it.
Absolutely no raised eyebrows at CBP pre-clearance in Dublin (oh did I mention you arrive in JFK/PHL as a domestic flight :-) )

Last edited by catharsis; Jun 20, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: Priority Gold, UA, DL
Would you mind sharing your dates?

Originally Posted by catharsis

stopovers are free. ^

I booked cai-lhr-dub(stop)dub-jfk-lax-Ogg(destination, OJ) LIH-LAX(stop)LAX-CLT-DUB(stop)Dub-lhr-cai as one ticket (1200 BAEC TPs)
Cai-lhr-dub(stop)dub-phl-mia-slc(destination)slc-lax-mia-phl-dub(stop)Dub-lhr-cai as a second ticket (1000 BAEC TPs)

it costs something like $20 to change the tickets anytime I want - as long as I availability is there I'm golden and I can always rely on AA's schedule changes to allow me whatever re-routing I want inside the US.

(For the AA FF'ers amongst you looking for EQDs every flight except the legs to/from Hawaiian Islands is booked on the BA Prime codes albeit operated by AA)

Fabulous tickets, and an overnight in the Le Meridien in Cairo is entirely stress and risk free. One COULD even overnight in the airport (airside) I understand but I would not recommend it.
Absolutely no raised eyebrows at CBP pre-clearance in Dublin (oh did I mention you arrive in JFK/PHL as a domestic flight :-) )
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)

stopovers are free. ^
Sounds great. I assume the I fare was cheap?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Is it always for anyone to start his trip in CAI to the US will be send to secondary at CBP upon arrival in the states?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Is it always for anyone to start his trip in CAI to the US will be send to secondary at CBP upon arrival in the states?
Not sure about the MS nonstops, but otherwise, absolutely not.

ime, from three weeks ago, the info on the Global Entry machine showed only the immediate ex-EUR flight taken, with no mention of the initial ex-CAI flight. As far as I could tell, there was no indication whatsoever that I had taken previous flights before the one that landed in the U.S. [That said, we did have a two-day stopover in EUR, and change of carrier.]
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by bthorny
Yes please!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by jbalmuth

ime, from three weeks ago, the info on the Global Entry machine showed only the immediate ex-EUR flight taken, with no mention of the initial ex-CAI flight. As far as I could tell, there was no indication whatsoever that I had taken previous flights before the one that landed in the U.S. [That said, we did have a two-day stopover in EUR, and change of carrier.]
That may have something to do with your two day stopover and change of carrier...
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by sajidg
That may have something to do with your two day stopover and change of carrier...
Yes, it is well known that terrorists never avail themselves of free stopovers and would not change carriers as that might diminish their frequent flyer points
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Anyone been able to work in a couple of USA stopovers that don't cause the fare to implode?
I'm doing CAI-LHR-JFK-MIA-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-CAI in a few months and will be breaking up each sector with an overnight to help keep hotel status while earning TP/Avios for BA status.

Bit of a bummer to hear about secondary/SSSS for having travelled from CAI, even for those with Global Entry.

As others have said there's no point in lying. Always be honest. I have mentioned mileage runs to immigration officers a few times and they smile and think that I'm crazy.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:06 am

Strange you guys are getting SSSS'd... I work in Egypt and have flown in and out of CAI/HBE at least 30 times this year and have never gotten the secondary screening. The one time I did get SSSS'd was when I flew from Madrid to Boston on Iberia, but that's about it. Literally have 4 full pages of Egypt stamps, as well as a few pages of Doha, Jordan, UAE stamps. I think it just depends on the person... I have GE and TSA Pre if that helps at all. Don't be put off by a few cases of bad luck!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bthorny
Seems to be something about this fare which means that anything after october or before mid-april for the LHR-CAI or Vice-versa legs will not price even though BA show I availability.

Also If I recall CaI-LHR seemed easiest to price on a weekend.

Originally Posted by anabolism
Sounds great. I assume the I fare was cheap?
Sorry - hadn't realised I left out the fares. something like GBP 1400 for Cai-HNL and about EUR 1550 + for Cai-SLC .

Originally Posted by jbalmuth

no additional screening IME - presumably because of stopovers.s

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I'm doing CAI-LHR-JFK-MIA-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-CAI in a few months and will be breaking up each sector with an overnight to help keep hotel status while earning TP/Avios for BA status.

Bit of a bummer to hear about secondary/SSSS for having travelled from CAI, even for those with Global Entry.

As others have said there's no point in lying. Always be honest. I have mentioned mileage runs to immigration officers a few times and they smile and think that I'm crazy.
I would not expect you to get SSSS as mentioned above.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:57 am

stopovers are free. ^

what dates and class have you booked? costs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.