Aa: Sea - cun $506 rt

Old May 1, 17, 6:00 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 115
Aa: Sea - cun $506 rt

A good premium fare deal to Cancun during the off-season: American Airlines from SEA - CUN in Business/First Class, $506 round trip. Dates available in mid-August / September / October.

https://concorde.io/deals/aa-sea-cun-for-509-round-trip
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...SEA0AA617;sc=f
pizzaandplanes is offline  
Old May 1, 17, 6:05 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern Cali
Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP 75k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Posts: 906
wow great deal
FlyingFrZ is offline  
Old May 1, 17, 6:12 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVPG, DL DM, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 89
Great deal, looks like T/W only in both direction. Prices as one-ways too though.
michellt is offline  
Old May 1, 17, 6:29 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 3,485
I think there was a similar deal last year. So tempted to book a few of these for requal purposes.
Jimgotkp is offline  
Old May 1, 17, 9:48 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: YKM, SEA
Programs: Alaska MVP
Posts: 56
Looks like you can route this thru lax and phl.

Best I can find is SEA-LAX-PHL-CUN-PHL-PHX-SEA. Looks like you can build it into a pretty good run.
knnryerye is offline  
Old May 2, 17, 6:43 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Programs: Velocity Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Posts: 113
Books into I fare
nzthunderboy is offline  
Old May 2, 17, 10:17 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 MillionMiler; Marriott Platinum
Posts: 270
Wow, that's an AMAZING deal! Not just for those chasing status, but for anyone! Wow! Still available too!

ATL
ATLConsultant is offline  
Old May 2, 17, 10:51 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Coast, Best Coast
Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Posts: 15,485
i know it won't happen but i would love to see DL match this.
PV_Premier is offline  
Old May 2, 17, 11:54 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DTW/MBS/AZO
Programs: UA 1K,AA Plat, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 3,027
Too bad it only earns on spend now for AA. Otherwise I would gladly pick one of these up.

Can do something like SEA-MIA-CUN(4hrs)-JFK-SEA for $502. That's only 4000 some award miles it looks like. Would this make sense to try and get a special fare on?
BThumme is offline  
Old May 2, 17, 12:02 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: LAX
Programs: AA Exp Plat / SPG Plat (Ambassador level) / Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 56
Nevermind
j1194 is offline  
Old May 2, 17, 12:44 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Programs: DL FO, AA Gold, Marriott LT Plat
Posts: 499
Glutton for punishment?

just pulled the trigger on a same-day return. SEA-LAX-MIA-CUN-CLT-PHX-SEA for a cozy 15,494 MQMs.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...sc=b;a=AA;eo=e

LAX-MIA redeye on the outbound will have (somewhat) more enhanced service than a traditional transcon redeye, plus I scheduled a 3 hour MIA layover so I can shower and grab brekkie in the Amex Centurion lounge. There is an earlier MIA-CUN flight if you don't want the 3-hour sit in MIA.

Returning, I wanted to avoid clearing customs in MIA if at all possible. CUN-PHL does not operate every day heading into the fall, and when it does, PHL-SEA nonstop is already gone by the time you land. Could not cobble together a PHL routing that worked for me either way. Oh well. Will get meal service on CUN-CLT and CLT-PHX, and CLT is a better airport experience compared to PHL. Overall, pretty happy with this deal for 30 hours of flying!
PurdueFlyer is offline  
Old May 2, 17, 2:11 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 89
Originally Posted by michellt View Post
Great deal, looks like T/W only in both direction. Prices as one-ways too though.
Can someone explain the T/W to me please? Trying to figure out if i can build a stopover into this and assuming T/W is in that area ^
cstorrie is offline  
Old May 2, 17, 2:19 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVPG, DL DM, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 89
The fare is only outbound Mon-Wed and return Tue-Wed.

Originally Posted by cstorrie View Post
Can someone explain the T/W to me please? Trying to figure out if i can build a stopover into this and assuming T/W is in that area ^
michellt is offline  
Old May 2, 17, 5:21 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 89
Originally Posted by michellt View Post
The fare is only outbound Mon-Wed and return Tue-Wed.
ha ha thanks, sometimes shouldn't be looking for complicated FT shorthand
cstorrie is offline  
Old May 2, 17, 5:52 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: SFO
Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador
Posts: 35
Immigration Q

Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer View Post
just pulled the trigger on a same-day return. SEA-LAX-MIA-CUN-CLT-PHX-SEA for a cozy 15,494 MQMs.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...sc=b;a=AA;eo=e

LAX-MIA redeye on the outbound will have (somewhat) more enhanced service than a traditional transcon redeye, plus I scheduled a 3 hour MIA layover so I can shower and grab brekkie in the Amex Centurion lounge. There is an earlier MIA-CUN flight if you don't want the 3-hour sit in MIA.

Returning, I wanted to avoid clearing customs in MIA if at all possible. CUN-PHL does not operate every day heading into the fall, and when it does, PHL-SEA nonstop is already gone by the time you land. Could not cobble together a PHL routing that worked for me either way. Oh well. Will get meal service on CUN-CLT and CLT-PHX, and CLT is a better airport experience compared to PHL. Overall, pretty happy with this deal for 30 hours of flying!
Assuming no checked bags: do you have to go through CUN immigration/customs before the return flight? Or is there a way to stay airside and treat the return flight essentially as a connection?
ShortTermParking is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: