Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM Fare Gone] AD AZUL Europe-Brazil Eur 900 Oct, Nov, Feb, Mar

[PREM Fare Gone] AD AZUL Europe-Brazil Eur 900 Oct, Nov, Feb, Mar

Old May 3, 2017, 12:32 am

Looks like the tickets are being honoured, called to try and select seats yesterday and the reason you can't manage the flight on their website is because they don't let you manage international flight there, they have to be managed over the phone. Anyone have any previous experience with the airline and know if this is standard?
Old May 6, 2017, 1:03 am

Programs: DL Gold / Accor Gold
Just an update:

I've checked my tickets at TAP website (the part of the journey BQL-LIS) and both are confirmed with localization number and e-tickets numbers. Also, two days ago, the Lastminute website (where I bought the tickets) sent me the invoice.

I tried to check on the Azul website too and, I also received the message to call them. For sure I didn't but, on my experience with this company, this call is because they cannot check the entire international ticket with another company together.

So far, so good.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by dlind2
Looks like the tickets are being honoured, called to try and select seats yesterday and the reason you can't manage the flight on their website is because they don't let you manage international flight there, they have to be managed over the phone. Anyone have any previous experience with the airline and know if this is standard?
Did you select seats ?
Old May 10, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Anyone any idea where to view this PNR?
both TAP and Azul site don't work. Azul says to call (hmmmm not yet.....) and TAP says i'm not authorized to view OR it doesn't exist.
Expedia says all is OK. I paid about 900 euro; it's a good promo fare nothing wrong with it.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by christravelblog
Anyone any idea where to view this PNR?
both TAP and Azul site don't work. Azul says to call (hmmmm not yet.....) and TAP says i'm not authorized to view OR it doesn't exist.
Expedia says all is OK. I paid about 900 euro; it's a good promo fare nothing wrong with it.
You need to figure out your TAP reservation number. Check your Expedia confirmation e-mail, normally it lists all individual airline reservation codes apart from its own reservation code. Alternatively, you should be able to pull your itinerary in tripcase or myflightsapp and see your TAP code there.
Old May 10, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by maxvor
You need to figure out your TAP reservation number. Check your Expedia confirmation e-mail, normally it lists all individual airline reservation codes apart from its own reservation code. Alternatively, you should be able to pull your itinerary in tripcase or myflightsapp and see your TAP code there.
Yes normally Expedia gives more codes.

all my 4 flights are on Azul flight numbers; all book in J too (the shorthauls aren't in Z as some others).

is there a TAP PNR then? might not be there at all.
Old May 10, 2017, 4:56 pm

Yes normally Expedia gives more codes.

all my 4 flights are on Azul flight numbers; all book in J too (the shorthauls aren't in Z as some others).

is there a TAP PNR then? might not be there at all.
Yes, operating carrier always has own PNR, no matter whose flight number is used
Old May 11, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by maxvor
Yes, operating carrier always has own PNR, no matter whose flight number is used
Not always.

Only when it uses a different GDS/reservations ystem than the system the ticket was booked with.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Not always.

Only when it uses a different GDS/reservations ystem than the system the ticket was booked with.
I don't think this is true. For that particular itinerary I have 4 different PNRs, all from Amadeus, including original, OTA's, one.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Not always.

From Expedia I have just one. One that I can't seem to open anywhere. I think the tickets should be OK? My flight is only till october anyway.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:40 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
so the best place to credit the miles is ??
TAP?

Anybody find any good cheap repositioning from USA to Italy ?
Old May 15, 2017, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From Expedia I have just one. One that I can't seem to open anywhere. I think the tickets should be OK? My flight is only till october anyway.
Expedia uses Amadeus (at least in Europe) and the PNR should work on sites like www.myflightsapp.com and www.checkmytrip.com

It *should* also work on TAP's own website.

Nevertheless, as long as you are able to look up your reservation on Expedia's website, and it shows up as confirmed/OK and you have received an e-ticket number, the booking is OK.
Old May 16, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by frank_10b
so the best place to credit the miles is ??
TAP?
I found TAP will give you 200% of the miles flown, while United was around 125%. I think I'll credit to TAP although I'm using mainly M&M.
Old May 16, 2017, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The programme that gives the most miles doesn't mean it's the best place to credit them.

It's far better to take a "big picture" view of your travel needs, and to pick one programme from each alliance that, overall, works best for you.

Having small balances in each of several different accounts - chosen so that each individual trip will give you the "maximum" mileage each time - does you no favours in the long run. It hampers your ability to reach/maintain status. And by throwing miles sporadically into each of several programmes - rather than consolidating them all in your "best" overall, big-picture programme - you are delaying your ability to do anything useful with the miles.

For example - is it really better to open a brand new TAP account in order to receive, say, 7,500 miles there, when instead you can add 5,000 miles to your Miles & More account, bringing you closer to status acquisition/retention, and increasing your award mileage amount towards a usable amount? Or, in an extreme example, is it really better for you to end up with an amount of 5,000 in each of programmes A, B, C, D and E, rather than having put them all in a single account to get a lower overall amount of, say, 20,000 miles?

By all means, if a flight earns nothing in your "main" programme, put those miles somewhere else - but don't just go looking each time for the programme that gives you the most miles for each individual flight. (Unless, of course, that it is always the same programme - which should be your main programme to start with!)
Old May 17, 2017, 12:48 pm

Exactly @irishguy28

but it seems AZUL doesn't credit to that many partners?

I think we CAN agree that AZUL itself wouldn't be the best choice as it's revenu based and with those low promotion fares you won't get much :-)

I go for TAP. It should get me about 20000 miles I guess (just under 20000 for the longhaul plus the two short flights) then which is enough for a RT portugal-azores on TAP. Is it worth it? No clue but for me the best.

i don't use united nor azul nor tap. So personally this is the best for me I think.

or are there other options to credit too?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.